Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

personalbest

Self entitlement again, anyone would think owns that lake! Well I’m sure people hate you using it as a race track you little weasel
Somewhere in the darkest recesses of the internet there’s a dog walking forum, with a post moaning about a little Welshman running round and round the lake shouting at people.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Zerothree

It still blows my mind that Matt has only knocked 21 seconds off his marathon PB since his debut marathon, which he achieved as a total newbie to running almost 6 years ago.

In those years he's been in his physical prime (age-wise), he's dedicated his life and livelihood to the sport AND we've had the advent of super shoes, which - whether people like to admit or not - have helped a lot of people achieve new PBs (myself included).

If you take those facts alone at face value, his track record is a laughing stock. And now he coaches for a living, unreal

Reactions: 19

Paperclip22

Like many I started following him when I saw this on TV. Thought he epitomised everything I love about the running community. Also thought he was really hot 🤦🏻‍♀️ then saw his stories on the train home and was so disappointed with how whiny he was. And haven't stopped being disappointed since.

Used to enjoy watching his training and build up to marathons but he never got the results he wanted. It got boring and I stopped following him.

Ironically, he now represents, for me, everything I dislike about the running community. Or the instarunner community anyway.
And he looks nothing like this anymore. He overtrains and neglects his strength work and it shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
The thing is she is an adult. No one forced her into it (I don’t really want to get into if WR did or didn’t).

She has actively chosen this path of using SM to fund her life. It means that she gets to do many things that the majority of people simply cannot. However, when things go wrong, which they look like they are doing now, that is on show for everyone to see. She has to face up to that. Decide what route to take from now on. Continue on this path, use SM for her own gains but take the knocks and lie about it when things don’t go her way. Or actually live life in a genuine way. Don’t use smoke and mirrors. Own up to things properly and be honest to your followers and maybe take a step back. I mean, if now isn’t the time to stop and earn consistent money, when is?

Sorry, I may be being mean, but she is enjoying a potentially free or paid holiday (with no tags) when all around the world things are falling apart. I really do have no sympathy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Always seems when we’re talking loads about them they pop up (particularly Welshtits) with posts like these as if they’re almost pushing back on the conversation here and making out she’s loving it. I’m sure she’s loving bits but hates not being able to run a lot of these sessions and being away from her kids and routines
These kind of posts make me really uncomfortable. I imagine she’d not be happy if someone filmed her kids playing without consent and posted it to thousands of people on the internet.
Wouldn’t it be nice if a white person could go to sun saharan Africa and not get cute content of local children for clout.
They are children not part of the attraction.
Boils. My. Piss

• Heart

diditforthelikes6

My two pennies..

For me, I think going to Kenya is really about getting that extra 1% out of your training. For a average runner it’s pointless. It’s just culture tourism in my eyes. “Oh let’s all go and watch the locals run fast while us privileged white assholes tag along”. I would legit be embarrassed. I’m a fairly decent club runner, sub 90 half comfortably and a decent marathon time, and there is no fucking way I would consider trying to train with them guys. Fuck that.

• Heart
Again posting pictures of random peoples children likely without consent.
Honestly the fact that she feels she can do this reeks of white privilege.
Black. Children. Are. Not. Tourist. Attractions.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

runderpants

Let’s face it, the only reason she’s going is because they fucking love a freebie and it’s all for the insta/vlog content. Oh and a lashing of, you went Matt so I’m going.

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
Kelly and WR won't listen. They are above us 🙄 We are all just a bunch of trolls who know nothing.

Look at the views on attachments here. At least 300 people read here. Maybe a good 20 of us comment regularly, but there are a TON of lurkers. So no Kelly, we aren't a bunch a fat, slow, keyboard tapping trolls. I bet easily there are plenty here who: run faster, run smarter, coach better, give back to our communities, help others, don't spend all day self promoting, take care of our kids and least of all, can keep a fucking house clean.

They will never listen to what we say. That's why they delete and block all over insta. They need to live in a world of self delusion. Funny they spend so much energy reading here and responding in posts. Must be striking a nerve at least a little bit.

instaclowns

VIP Member
This is why I love the Berlin Marathon and half marathon. You have to submit proof of your PB from a previous race and are assigned to a pen based on that. Don’t have one? You’re in the last pen, too bad. There’s marshals at every pen entrance to check your bib to make sure you’re not sneaking forward. That start is so organized and efficient, it’s absolute bliss. No crowds of idiots like this!
Would you expect anything different from the Germans? Efficiency at its finest and definitely the way big events should be! 👏🏽

I remember being in the first wave at the second big half in London and some guy running asked if I was in the right pen and did I know they group starts based on times and ability. Yeah I was in a huge baggy tracksuit because I was bloody freezing but this little arrogant pillock assumed I was a new runner when I’d been running over 20 years. Was so sweet when I stuck with him all through to the 11 mile marker and then pushed on to a 1:27ish. Saw him at bag drop a while later and definitely gave it the biggen to him “guess I was in the wrong pen after all, should’ve been in the one before you” 🤣 he took it with a laugh but never apologised and I’m still angry about the judgement of it all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

instanonsense

New thread

Congrats to @instanonsense for the winning thread title 🏅

Recap anyone?

How many miles a week is Matt covering in his multiple sessions… how close to a BQ is Kelly…
Feeling all emotional!!! Thank you everyone 😘 I rolled my dice, went all in and banked a good thinking session to get this result. Trust the process guys, it works. We go again…

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
More glucose tracking from Matt.

Yawn and then more yawn. Instead of posting stuff from his Kenya trip, bragging that he was up watching Tokyo and claiming that his glucose levels were all over the place, maybe he should be parenting, recovering and sleeping.

Anyway, proud that Kelly made it onto a plane on her own when millions are being forced from their homes not too far from here and millions can’t pay their energy bills in this country. Go Kel 👊.

runlondon21

It’s a little uncomfortable to watch her film all of the elite Kenyan athletes like they’re a tourist attraction. I’m just thinking of all the foreign athletes coming in week after week and treating them like an exhibit in a zoo. It just feels weird to me 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart

runlondon21

I can't get over the audacity of people like her, massively over inflating their finishing times, what is the point? she has never been even close to a finishing time like that.
This is why I love the Berlin Marathon and half marathon. You have to submit proof of your PB from a previous race and are assigned to a pen based on that. Don’t have one? You’re in the last pen, too bad. There’s marshals at every pen entrance to check your bib to make sure you’re not sneaking forward. That start is so organized and efficient, it’s absolute bliss. No crowds of idiots like this!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Paperclip22

Have some sympathy, his lactate thingy wouldn't work in the rain, poor bloke has had a really tough day. I hope he's ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 14