Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that was also a really nice of photo of her. She’s also brave to be wearing white. I think it’s a boy.

There’s only one other person I follow with 16k followers who kept her 6th pregnancy a secret until she had her child.

Unlike before I dont think she will be posting clear photos of her newborn’s face.

Elle (@feathering the empty nest) also faced a lot of backlash from fans for refusing to share photos of her child. Nobody ever has the right to demand to see someone’s child.

Reactions: 5
I thought that was also a really nice of photo of her. She’s also brave to be wearing white. I think it’s a boy.

There’s only one other person I follow with 16k followers who kept her 6th pregnancy a secret until she had her child.

Unlike before I dont think she will be posting clear photos of her newborn’s face.

Elle (@feathering the empty nest) also faced a lot of backlash from fans for refusing to share photos of her child. Nobody ever has the right to demand to see someone’s child.
Did FTEN have a baby? I'm really happy for her if that is the case.
The white nightie is either just for the photos or else she's wearing a nappy lol. Very few would risk that so soon after giving birth.

Reactions: 1
Did FTEN have a baby? I'm really happy for her if that is the case.
The white nightie is either just for the photos or else she's wearing a nappy lol. Very few would risk that so soon after giving birth.
Not recently that I know of. I last checked a while ago and just remember the birthday post for Boris. It was from when baby O was born and she was sharing photos of her personalized jumper but not her.

Not recently that I know of. I last checked a while ago and just remember the birthday post for Boris. It was from when baby O was born and she was sharing photos of her personalized jumper but not her.
I haven't looked at her account for ages so didn't realize she'd had her rainbow baby, that's lovely news.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I knew she liked expensive things but the cost of clothes from the misha and puff or whatever childrens online store she purchases from is eyewatering!!! Like minimum £65 and thats the cheapest for a top!

Reactions: 2
This is from one UK stockist. £71.40 GBP down from £119.

I wouldn't spend that much on a single top, but she does reuse the same clothing pieces for the next child down.

Five in this cupboard, but she might have a discount as she has worked with the brand.

1662217508112.png

1662218181968.png
1662218424778.png

Last edited:
I remember being horrified at the price of them, I think the adult ones are about £300+. Quite odd from someone who used to say she was underprivileged. She did once say that she priced clothes per wear to see if she would get good value out of them, which makes sense, but didn't mention that for most people (especially not underprivileged!) spending that on a jumper just wouldn't be possible.
She had a real disdain for anyone promoting cheap brands, which was why I was really surprised she did an ad for H&M kids.

ETA: I hate when people try to justify buying high end goods by saying they'll pass it on to future children. My 3rd child has worn Asda clothes that the firstborn got, and still looked fine. If you want something expensive just buy it, but don't make out that it's somehow a necessity for sustainability.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We're all privileged in different ways. My clothing isn't a priority for me. Is for her.

She's mentioned this brand before too:

Something similar and also handmade:

The max price for jumpers at We love frugi is at around £32. They are also GOT certified, I grew up in hand me downs from older cousins which were from Primark/ Children's world before they closed. So get it doesn't have to just be high end pieces that last.

Last edited:
We're all privileged in different ways. My clothing isn't a priority for me. Is for her.

She's mentioned this brand before too:

Something similar and also handmade:

The max price for jumpers at We love frugi is at around £32. They are also GOT certified, I grew up in hand me downs from older cousins which were from Primark/ Children's world before they closed. So get it doesn't have to just be high end pieces that last.
Thanks for that Etsy link, I absolutely love those popcorn jumpers. Feel a bit sorry for the shop owner though, she won't even be paying herself a wage at those prices.

• Heart
Yeah privilege is complex and nuanced. I don’t remember her ever referring to herself as “under privileged” and it’s a weird turn of phrase, I wouldn’t expect someone with understanding of privilege and social justice as she clearly does to say that…? Like just because she can currently afford premium knitwear doesn’t negate the lived experiences of someone who (from my vague interpretation, apologies if wrong) grew up in a low income household? Like she still won’t have the social capital or intergenerational wealth or education/career opportunities that someone who grew up under different, more privileged, circumstances may have?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah privilege is complex and nuanced. I don’t remember her ever referring to herself as “under privileged” and it’s a weird turn of phrase, I wouldn’t expect someone with understanding of privilege and social justice as she clearly does to say that…? Like just because she can currently afford premium knitwear doesn’t negate the lived experiences of someone who (from my vague interpretation, apologies if wrong) grew up in a low income household? Like she still won’t have the social capital or intergenerational wealth or education/career opportunities that someone who grew up under different, more privileged, circumstances may have?
In the video posted a few pages back of her SH flat she states SH is for underprivileged people.
I totally get that we are all privileged to one extent or another and that there is nuance to it. I'm not against her or anyone else buying higher end products BTW, but for someone who was constantly calling out other people failing to acknowledge their own privilege, it just seems to jar, or not marry that she wouldn't acknowledge her own. I would go as far as to say she seemed to downplay what she did have, by saying she was very frugal and always looking for a bargain. Except that items she tagged (I'm not just talking clothes, but home ware too) were far from a bargain.

Apologies for posting again... Maybe the issue is mine. I think in my head I expect people who call out the privilege of others to acknowledge their own. The doctor mummy is great at this (perhaps a bit OTT at times, you're allowed to have nice things Ria!) and I think it makes sense and is appropriate. It's not about apologising for what you have, but people will expect you to live by the standards that you uphold others to. I would also expect someone who grew up in hard times to understand that some people have to shop in Primark or supermarkets, and that this doesn't mean you can't love the clothing or value it. Ditto plastic toys, not everyone can afford wooden ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think the greatest disadvantage a child can have is unstable parents.It seeps into pretty much everything.She’s written before about having a toxic relationship with her mother. She moved out at 16 and lived in temporary accommodation for seven years before she got the 1bed flat in King’s cross.

I know people who have always been subsidized by their own parents even into their 50s! Being gifted large deposits or paying much less rent as they live in a home owned by other relatives.

I think it might also be an unconscious thing that she gravitates to higher priced goods as she never had that growing up, but worked for companies like Barbour and Hackett.

In the video posted a few pages back of her SH flat she states SH is for underprivileged people.
I totally get that we are all privileged to one extent or another and that there is nuance to it. I'm not against her or anyone else buying higher end products BTW, but for someone who was constantly calling out other people failing to acknowledge their own privilege, it just seems to jar, or not marry that she wouldn't acknowledge her own. I would go as far as to say she seemed to downplay what she did have, by saying she was very frugal and always looking for a bargain. Except that items she tagged (I'm not just talking clothes, but home ware too) were far from a bargain.

Apologies for posting again... Maybe the issue is mine. I think in my head I expect people who call out the privilege of others to acknowledge their own. The doctor mummy is great at this (perhaps a bit OTT at times, you're allowed to have nice things Ria!) and I think it makes sense and is appropriate. It's not about apologising for what you have, but people will expect you to live by the standards that you uphold others to. I would also expect someone who grew up in hard times to understand that some people have to shop in Primark or supermarkets, and that this doesn't mean you can't love the clothing or value it. Ditto plastic toys, not everyone can afford wooden ones.
You don’t have to apologize. I think I did see a story which might be saved in highlights where she says her husband listed her privilege out to her.

Last edited:
I think the greatest disadvantage a child can have is unstable parents.It seeps into pretty much everything.She’s written before about having a toxic relationship with her mother. She moved out at 16 and lived in temporary accommodation for seven years before she got the 1bed flat in King’s cross.

I know people who have always been subsidized by their own parents even into their 50s! Being gifted large deposits or paying much less rent as they live in a home owned by other relatives.

I think it might also be an unconscious thing that she gravitates to higher priced goods as she never had that growing up, but worked for companies like Barbour and Hackett.

You don’t have to apologize. I think I did see a story which might be saved in highlights where she says her husband listed her privilege out to her.
The thing is that she did have higher end goods growing up. She once commented that as a child she was dressed head to toe in Oilily, which is an expensive brand. She also said that her parents were very bad with money and she implied they made poor choices. They used to go to Tunisia for a month every Christmas and other long haul holidays. It's not wrong for her to prefer higher end brands, but the issue is mine, frugal does not equal spending £££ on one item. In saying all of this, it's a historical issue as I think she has changed her 'brand' a bit and probably is more 'sustainable' now.

ETA: I totally agree that having an unstable, chaotic household is such a disadvantage. It's great that her and her husband seem to have broken that cycle and creating a lovely home for their children.

Last edited:
Why are people getting their knickers in a twist about her buying expensive good quality brands? She is really thoughtful about what she buys, hands everything down and probably spends less overall than people who buy a ton of cheap high street stuff. What’s the deal? Are you saying that because she says she was disadvantaged she’s not allowed nice things??

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist about her buying expensive good quality brands? She is really thoughtful about what she buys, hands everything down and probably spends less overall than people who buy a ton of cheap high street stuff. What’s the deal? Are you saying that because she says she was disadvantaged she’s not allowed nice things??
I've been asking myself the same question 😂 My knickers are certainly not twisted, and I certainly don't think she shouldn't have nice things. This is a discussion forum. It annoyed me that she spoke down about 'low value fashion', as if she didn't realize that for many people saving up for a £300 jumper was not an option and had no other choice. IMO there's a major lack of self awareness there. Other than that, as I said above, the issue is entirely my own.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really love her style in clothes! I've always bought my clothes from thrift shops or second hand and I checked her website where she listed some clothes as wardrobe staples that I really like. I've looked for some of the brands online, but even second hand the prices are unfortunately too expensive for me. I'm happy she can afford it tough but it's not for everyone.

I wonder how her older children feel about being made to wear clothes that fit Africa's aesthetics or do they have a secret stash of bright clothing to wear offline :D

• Haha
I wonder how her older children feel about being made to wear clothes that fit Africa's aesthetics or do they have a secret stash of bright clothing to wear offline :D
I mean I dont rhink so, she wasnt even happy about a pink to pram they had I think it was? They got given a bright toy to play with and she didnt like it

• Wow
hmm I don't know, when they were living in their flat in London she mentioned that they really had to think about what being brought into their home since they didn't have much space.
Mabye it's also easier to have them wear the things she chooses since they wear school uniforms to school everyday, so mabye they are happy choosing between the outfits they have?
Mabye when they become older around 10/11 it will be more difficult to make them dress how she wants.