Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because people take to DM to be shady af. The ones she’s shared have been rude, passive aggressive, or micro aggressions. If people wanna be snide in DMs they deserve to get blasted tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️
It creates a massive echo chamber. Africa is missing out on polite, friendly, constructive feedback too, as she has frightened her audience into submission, and she’d be receiving that in any other workplace.

Maybe the messages she receives are worse than the messages your average white influencer receives, but this seems to be the price you pay for earning a living by monetising your children and family life. But mostly it feels like publicly shaming messages is another way for Africa to always be tightly in control of the narrative.

Reactions: 3
It creates a massive echo chamber. Africa is missing out on polite, friendly, constructive feedback too, as she has frightened her audience into submission, and she’d be receiving that in any other workplace.

Maybe the messages she receives are worse than the messages your average white influencer receives, but this seems to be the price you pay for earning a living by monetising your children and family life. But mostly it feels like publicly shaming messages is another way for Africa to always be tightly in control of the narrative.
Exactly this. I remember when someone posted a comment on one of her interior pics saying something about what a beautiful home she had and how fortunate the next residents would be to move into the place and Africa somehow turned it into a huge debate about how social housing should be for all and that they wouldn't be 'lucky' because it's something that they are entiltled to. Others came to defend the original commenter and Africa went on a wild blocking spree and rant....I may be quoting this wrong as it was a while ago but hopefully people who've followed for a while will recall the incident I mean. My point is - all she had to do was reply 'thank you for the compliment, we've loved living here and hope the new family do as well' etc etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Exactly this. I remember when someone posted a comment on one of her interior pics saying something about what a beautiful home she had and how fortunate the next residents would be to move into the place and Africa somehow turned it into a huge debate about how social housing should be for all and that they wouldn't be 'lucky' because it's something that they are entiltled to. Others came to defend the original commenter and Africa went on a wild blocking spree and rant....I may be quoting this wrong as it was a while ago but hopefully people who've followed for a while will recall the incident I mean. My point is - all she had to do was reply 'thank you for the compliment, we've loved living here and hope the new family do as well' etc etc.
I remember the incident and remember thinking the messager was a witch tbh 😂 It was snotty and classist and patronising and she followed up with something cunty after. I suppose we all view these things differently, I won’t keep beefing this cos I’ve defs done it before in thread, soz!

Eh, I don’t mind it. More people should be aware of what they decide to write online under their personal accounts if they are so worried about being put on blast. It’s a public page but plenty of public pages have moderation and no one throws a fit over it.

I do think she’s unnecessarily combative and that’s one of the reasons I stopped following her page, but in that particular instance I won’t fault her. It’s her IG and she gets to decide how to interact with people.

Reactions: 5
I remember the incident and remember thinking the messager was a witch tbh 😂 It was snotty and classist and patronising and she followed up with something cunty after. I suppose we all view these things differently, I won’t keep beefing this cos I’ve defs done it before in thread, soz!
I personally love reading your takes Here. Not just on this thread.

• Heart
I personally love reading your takes Here. Not just on this thread.
Bless you, thank you and you too with your no spend/environmental credentials! ♻♻ I’m sorry to everyone else as conscious that this isn’t a rave thread so won’t keep at the topic. Tbh I largely like her but she’s a paradox right, an ethical influencer? Ethical brand sales rep? She does a lot of really good social justice awareness/content but how can you measure if that mitigates the impact of promoting H&M dresses (with aff links? Not sure?). She’s like v2.0 of the Insta mama it’s v intriguing to watch!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bless you, thank you and you too with your no spend/environmental credentials! ♻♻ I’m sorry to everyone else as conscious that this isn’t a rave thread so won’t keep at the topic. Tbh I largely like her but she’s a paradox right, an ethical influencer? Ethical brand sales rep? She does a lot of really good social justice awareness/content but how can you measure if that mitigates the impact of promoting H&M dresses (with aff links? Not sure?). She’s like v2.0 of the Insta mama it’s v intriguing to watch!
Rave away if you want to, I too think she has many good qualities. I think it's really important to have a place where we we can discuss the good, bad and the ugly of influencers/content creators without it turning into a mindless sla gging match. There are quite a few people I'd love to talk about but the threads of them here are just shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Rave away if you want to, I too think she has many good qualities. I think it's really important to have a place where we we can discuss the good, bad and the ugly of influencers/content creators without it turning into a mindless sla gging match.

There are quite a few people I'd love to talk about but the threads of them here are just shameful.
Omg yes BIB, I feel exactly the same! I’m a huge TOWIE/reality fan so lurk those threads but the tone & content can vary from amazing investigative tit to horror yikes. Anything truly bad you can report but what can you do when an entire thread is like that?! 😱😱😱

Aww thank you lovely. My money just goes on food at the moment. 😂.

Positive comments about her are allowed! One side only stops the discussion. I like reading different interpretations from the same material.

Also have at look at Madeleine Olivia’s thread who made being vegan and sustainable her personality until she bought her new home and started doing unnecessary reno work almost immediately. I think ultimately nobody will ever be perfect.

It’s okay to say this no longer works for us - (chole and the beans saying they stopped being vegan ) just don’t pretend.

Think most of the general companies are trying to do better. I wouldn’t have an issue with her working with H&M. SHIEN on the other hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Positive comments about her are allowed! One side only stops the discussion. I like reading different interpretations from the same material.

Also have at look at Madeleine Olivia’s thread who made being vegan and sustainable her personality until she bought her new home and started doing unnecessary reno work almost immediately. I think ultimately nobody will ever be perfect.

It’s okay to say this no longer works for us - (chole and the beans saying they stopped being vegan ) just don’t pretend.
Re: renovations, knowing where to draw the line is hard isn’t it? Ultimately there’s gonna be waste going to landfill (although you can resell kitchens now, but they’re not gonna be after a 90s trend piece are they?) and it’s hard to find fixtures & fittings firms with the right environmental credentials that aren’t mega greenwashed so massively overpriced. And where do you draw the line? Do you have to keep tit you hate and makes you unhappy because it’s still functional? There’s defs a balance but like you said, where is it?

Should we make a thread on sustainability and influencing? I’d love to chat to you guys more about it tbh. It’s like that image on Insta that shows what’s sustainable IRL and it’s reusing ugly packaging or an ancient bag for life versus Insta which is all jute totes and kilner jars. Like it’s *reduce* reuse recycle and the reduction is where a lot of them are dubious!

Sorry to derail this thread 🙏🏻

Made one! Feel free to pad it out a bit better than I did 🫠

• Heart
Anyone else been removed as a follower for no reason? I really like her, have never sent her a comment or DM, I follow a diverse range of accounts - I was removed a few weeks ago and tried to follow back and was rejected. Noticed her follower count has gone down so she must be removing people, but on what random basis? Shame, she was one of the accounts I actually enjoyed…

The insta follower purge started after this thread was created.

Getting rid of accounts of possible tattlers most likely . Those of bots/ with no profile pictures etc. I’ve never messaged or commented either. Still following her (for now 😂 ) .

I love her garden posts so much, the wild flowers around the trampoline will look great and much better than I’d imagined. I like that’s she’s clearly not an expert on gardening but jumps in and learns / shares anyway, esp for something which can feel difficult to access without existing knowledge/resources. Actually I feel that’s her approach to the other house stuff too. I really admire it and have definitely taken it on with some areas in my own life.

I noticed she’s censoring the kids names/faces though? As is her right and definitely a smart choice but it seems an odd time to do it given she’s built the following with them visible. Did she say anything about it explicitly?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love her garden posts so much, the wild flowers around the trampoline will look great and much better than I’d imagined. I like that’s she’s clearly not an expert on gardening but jumps in and learns / shares anyway, esp for something which can feel difficult to access without existing knowledge/resources. Actually I feel that’s her approach to the other house stuff too. I really admire it and have definitely taken it on with some areas in my own life.

I noticed she’s censoring the kids names/faces though? As is her right and definitely a smart choice but it seems an odd time to do it given she’s built the following with them visible. Did she say anything about it explicitly?
It’s really refreshing to see a garden on Insta that doesn’t look like the love island villa tbh.

I assume she’s been spooked by recent goings on so become a bit more aware/conscious of sharing the kids. Tbh good! Everyone has the right to grow and realise that creating a digital imprint for a non consenting child isn’t it…

Reactions: 2
Re: renovations, knowing where to draw the line is hard isn’t it? Ultimately there’s gonna be waste going to landfill (although you can resell kitchens now, but they’re not gonna be after a 90s trend piece are they?) and it’s hard to find fixtures & fittings firms with the right environmental credentials that aren’t mega greenwashed so massively overpriced. And where do you draw the line? Do you have to keep tit you hate and makes you unhappy because it’s still functional? There’s defs a balance but like you said, where is it?

Should we make a thread on sustainability and influencing? I’d love to chat to you guys more about it tbh. It’s like that image on Insta that shows what’s sustainable IRL and it’s reusing ugly packaging or an ancient bag for life versus Insta which is all jute totes and kilner jars. Like it’s *reduce* reuse recycle and the reduction is where a lot of them are dubious!

Sorry to derail this thread 🙏🏻

Made one! Feel free to pad it out a bit better than I did 🫠

In Madeleine’s case they bought a 5 bed house with just the two of them. The whole house has been an incredible money pit. It was initially to be a forever home now she says they might want to move after tinkering with almost everything from the kitchen, creating a patio after removing plants, two living rooms etc. She did use kilner jars 😂.

My grandfather’s bathroom is more then 30 years old. As long as everything still works it’s kept. We do keep things until they literally break, but if it makes you unhappy it’s okay to change.

Africa’s flat was beautiful.

People recognizing my child and family
would freak me out. I also think being more aware is a good thing.

On other threads people have shared birth certificates details to prove the child had a different surname.

• Wow

Think most of the general companies are trying to do better. I wouldn’t have an issue with her working with H&M. SHIEN on the other hand.
What's the difference between H&M and Shein?

Why does she keep mentioning that her and her husband said yes to any jobs during the pandemic to afford them their home? Guess Im not saying yes enough to own a home

• Heart
Reactions: 4