Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does everyone think about her?

Last #AD with facebook also three hours ago.

Sometimes people will message you to ask questions. I didn't know her clearly doesn't live in the UK.

1640120703100.png

Reactions: 1
I used to really like her, she did some really good lives but I unfollowed as I felt all of her constant "I don't take nonsense" got a bit too much. I imagine IRL she could be very hard work and you'd constantly be walking on eggshells.

Reactions: 11
I’m so on the fence with Africa. Some of her content is brilliant and I like that she respects her boundaries but some of it is just too much.
Additionally slated decorations that she previously used in an AD.. I was beyond disappointed in this as she bangs on about authenticity, being true to herself, only advertising things she believes in? Hypocritical

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’m so on the fence with Africa. Some of her content is brilliant and I like that she respects her boundaries but some of it is just too much.
Additionally slated decorations that she previously used in an AD.. I was beyond disappointed in this as she bangs on about authenticity, being true to herself, only advertising things she believes in? Hypocritical
Yes I agree some of her content was really good, and her husband is very talented indeed. I did find her a bit sneery at times towards things that she didn't like. I remember her going on about an account that posted about clothes for £5 or less, or something like that and she was very condescending, saying that unlike her content, these accounts provided no value. I think it's up to the public to decide that!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I also previously liked her, but it feels like she has just become like any other influencer using her kids. Her #Ads from December include:

Sky
Clarins
H&M
Paperchase
Free beds from Larodoute

A few of her last photos on the grid have also been taken by a professional photographer.

(random candles, the christmas tree, kids reading on the bed, kids playing around the tree.)

Reactions: 3
I also previously liked her, but it feels like she has just become like any other influencer using her kids. Her #Ads from December include:

Sky
Clarins
H&M
Paperchase
Free beds from Larodoute

A few of her last photos on the grid have also been taken by a professional photographer.

(random candles, the christmas tree, kids reading on the bed, kids playing around the tree.)
She has used a professional photographer for a long time. Re the ads, IG is work for her, she isn't there to make friends, so that doesn't bother me. She did say in the past that she has no issue with child modelling therefore no issue with her kids appearing online. I suppose she needs to make the money whilst she can, they aren't going to stay at that cute age forever.

Reactions: 2
Babies on instagram are always cute.Nothing brings up engagement faster then another pregnancy announcement.

Curating the feed = using a professional photographer will represent her brand in the best light possible and lead to future paid sponsporships. It's the selective picking of images which sell her family life to advertisers. Nothing new and I'd say the same thing about Courtney adamo too.

I think she will have at least another 1. She said before she'd like 5, and she has the space for them now.

Reactions: 1
I find her very rude at times and she is very much of the opinion that there is no space for opinions that don't agree with hers. She is correct, at all times, about everything and no one else ever possibly could be. Sometime though I think she come across very nicely, so I never really know what to think.

The christmas decs thing was so strange! So much for authentic!

Reactions: 12
I used to really like her, she did some really good lives but I unfollowed as I felt all of her constant "I don't take nonsense" got a bit too much. I imagine IRL she could be very hard work and you'd constantly be walking on eggshells.
1641238276824.png

• Wow
In my case its nowt to do with her being Black. It's because as a pp said, she's confusing in that she can come across very nice, but then turn if things don't go her way. According to her, you aren't allowed to have a negative opinion about someone who happens to be Black, because it's just purely racism.
Does anyone remember when she revealed the triple bunk (with the baby in the sleepy head and the curtains all the way around on the INSIDE of the cot) and people commented, concerned about this safety hazard (which was very legitimate IMO)? She said herself she became hysterical about it in her brother's car, then claimed it was racism. She clearly missed the whole Sleepy Head debacle that the white insta mums got slaughtered for! And I agree with her that Black and WOC get held to higher standards, but in this case I really don't think it was a racist issue, I think anyone looking at that (as beautifully made as it might be) sleep setup would have been inwardly horrified.

I find her very rude at times and she is very much of the opinion that there is no space for opinions that don't agree with hers. She is correct, at all times, about everything and no one else ever possibly could be. Sometime though I think she come across very nicely, so I never really know what to think.

The christmas decs thing was so strange! So much for authentic!
What happened with the decs?

Last edited:
In my case its nowt to do with her being Black. It's because as a pp said, she's confusing in that she can come across very nice, but then turn if things don't go her way. According to her, you aren't allowed to have a negative opinion about someone who happens to be Black, because it's just purely racism.
Does anyone remember when she revealed the triple bunk (with the baby in the sleepy head and the curtains all the way around on the INSIDE of the cot) and people commented, concerned about this safety hazard (which was very legitimate IMO)? She said herself she became hysterical about it in her brother's car, then claimed it was racism. She clearly missed the whole Sleepy Head debacle that the white insta mums got slaughtered for! And I agree with her that Black and WOC get held to higher standards, but in this case I really don't think it was a racist issue, I think anyone looking at that (as beautifully made as it might be) sleep setup would have been inwardly horrified.

What happened with the decs?
I agree with you.

The Christmas decorations was apparently that she was gifted some from John Lewis for an ad in 2020 that weren't what she had picked and she hated and they weren't her style at all, she had selected something that was but they preferred this vibe for the advert, so she used them, did the ad and then gave them away, but still took the pay cheque.

I think she’s excellent, probably one of my favourite accounts atm. She seems intelligent, very reflective, honest. I like her aesthetic, she has a clear vision of what she’s doing and why she uses social media. I especially like her long form videos and the way she tells stories / expresses emotional processing. I’ve found myself learning quite a bit from her.

I totally disagree with her ‘exploitation’ of the kids, that is entirely unjustified and thoughtless. You can’t apply what is true of the worst ‘family accounts’ to all accounts that feature children. Africa’s kids barely even seem like a secondary element to her instagram ... absolutely absurd to suggest she’ll have another baby solely for what? Publicity? Ad profit? Lmao she only shows the back of their heads most of the time.

That being said, I’m not surprised there’s a thread about her. She clearly doesn’t prioritise being likeable but you can’t fault her for that.

Pretty much the only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is that her kids names seem inconveniently similar to each other. In my opinion. And what is that worth lol.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think she’s excellent, probably one of my favourite accounts atm. She seems intelligent, very reflective, honest. I like her aesthetic, she has a clear vision of what she’s doing and why she uses social media. I especially like her long form videos and the way she tells stories / expresses emotional processing. I’ve found myself learning quite a bit from her.

I totally disagree with her ‘exploitation’ of the kids, that is entirely unjustified and thoughtless. You can’t apply what is true of the worst ‘family accounts’ to all accounts that feature children. Africa’s kids barely even seem like a secondary element to her instagram ... absolutely absurd to suggest she’ll have another baby solely for what? Publicity? Ad profit? Lmao she only shows the back of their heads most of the time.

That being said, I’m not surprised there’s a thread about her. She clearly doesn’t prioritise being likeable but you can’t fault her for that.

Pretty much the only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is that her kids names seem inconveniently similar to each other. In my opinion. And what is that worth lol.
No you can't fault her for not prioritising being likeable, I really respected how she refused to move/stop speaking about the Palestinian cause, even though she got backlash for it and lost a lot of followers. FWIW, I don't find her unlikeable at all, I thought she was a very authentic person (so I'm very surprised about the decs issue) but for me her change between being 'normal' to being catty and using mocking voices was out of my comfort zone. It is entirely her perogative of course, but I use insta to relax and it just wasn't my bag anymore.
She used to share a lot more of the kids and her early family life, she seems to have scrubbed a fair bit from her blog/website, but on reflection I was more interested in that (I started following her because she introduced herself as having 15 siblings and I was intrigued!) than the interior stuff.

I find her constant drive to be "authentic" and her self-righteousness so irritating as having followed her for a couple of years she's actually quite hypocritical. She went on forever about being priced out of London as a black person (who isn't!?) and that she'd never afford to buy as she doesn't have that privilege, and that she'd never move out of London because of the lack of diversity. She's now a homeowner, outside of London in a very white area, doing a very expensive renovation. Think she just likes to be a victim, shout her judgemental opinions and throw sharp comments if anyone dare question her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think when she holds a view she's very passionate about it and comes across very defensive at the time. One example was she felt that generational wealth was very problematic, and seemed very bitter about anyone who had benefitted from it. Then obviously she did a complete U turn on that. Personally I think it's much better to put your money into creating wealth and in turn privilege for the next generation so I think she made a good decision there. I think she has a lot of issues from her own upbringing, but she really can't stand to be questioned or have her conflicting ideas raised.

I think when she holds a view she's very passionate about it and comes across very defensive at the time. One example was she felt that generational wealth was very problematic, and seemed very bitter about anyone who had benefitted from it. Then obviously she did a complete U turn on that. Personally I think it's much better to put your money into creating wealth and in turn privilege for the next generation so I think she made a good decision there. I think she has a lot of issues from her own upbringing, but she really can't stand to be questioned or have her conflicting ideas raised.
I think you might have crossed wires here as I thought she always made it clear her stance on generational wealth was that it was a good thing (or something that everyone would aspire to have, why wouldn't they)? but that unfortunately it was something that people from marginalised communities were not able to accrue as easily which is the problematic part, wouldnt exactly say bitter, it's just a crappy system because not everyone benefits from it. Now shes in a position to create that for her children and rightly so. Wouldnt call it a "u-turn", just more of what many of us would love to work towards and be in the same position to do.