Theonlygirlinthehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know where you end up with Hugo - if he’s defiant and lashes out with authority now then how on earth will he hold down a job or have a relationship when he’s older?
As a parent to a child with additional needs, you hope with every fibre of your being that you can do enough to help them control their emotions. That they find a different outlet for that anger that they just don't know how to deal with whilst being so young.

ETA - I thought I'd answered this before and I have, 3 times on this thread you've asked a similar question.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t know where you end up with Hugo - if he’s defiant and lashes out with authority now then how on earth will he hold down a job or have a relationship when he’s older?
Sounded from a recent post like they’re pushing for a diagnosis which I guess would give him access to help and support.

Reactions: 3
She might notice a positive change in him seperating from mrog as kids pick up on emotions and if he has a negative attitude toward him it can't help his behaviour. Also I think she mentioned before there dad just decided to stop seeing them. This must all contribute to his anger at the world.

As he grows older and understands whatever condition (asd, pda) he will learning coping skills and how to manage his condition. He is still a young teenager who isn't in control of his emotions etc. Parenting doesn't finish at 18 especially for children with additional needs. I have a son with asd and the constant criticism and suggestions on how to handle his behaviour are so infuriating! I am in it for the long haul with the hope that one day it will click into place and he can be independent.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She might notice a positive change in him seperating from mrog as kids pick up on emotions and if he has a negative attitude toward him it can't help his behaviour. Also I think she mentioned before there dad just decided to stop seeing them. This must all contribute to his anger at the world.

As he grows older and understands whatever condition (asd, pda) he will learning coping skills and how to manage his condition. He is still a young teenager who isn't in control of his emotions etc. Parenting doesn't finish at 18 especially for children with additional needs. I have a son with asd and the constant criticism and suggestions on how to handle his behaviour are so infuriating! I am in it for the long haul with the hope that one day it will click into place and he can be independent.
Yes of course. It’s such a hard situation. In my experience (which is of a family member with additional needs, not parenting), people are far less supportive and inclusive of an adult with additional needs as opposed to a child so I suppose I was thinking aloud.

Reactions: 1
Sad that they’ve broken up, I really like Jess & her mum! But if just shows you how false social media is.. selfie on the beach with mr OG on Xmas eve when she knew she was moving out. I don’t know how she could take a happy family photo in those circumstances.

Was the house Mr OGs then? I always assumed it was hers but I remember he saying that her mum currently lived in her old house.
I feel so sorry for her, she was obviously trying to hold everything together, it's a shame it hasn't worked out. Tho maybe they'll stay together but live apart? I'm assuming she's still living in the same village so it wouldnt be too hard. My parents are happily married but live seperately

I'm not sure who owns the house but I'm sure I remember reading that Mr OG's parents funded (or loaned the ££ for?) their extension.

I wonder if she's bought her new place or if she's renting it?

I wonder how she and the boys felt about living in 'his house'. Its very unfortunate that she has been the one to move because she is the main caretaker of the boys and that is their home. I imagine her new home will be nice with all the ads shes been doing.

I do love her interior design, it's half the reason I follow her. Her mum's house is amazing too so I guess that's where she gets it from. They have such a lovely, close relationship.

I also like that she normalises buying things second hand - and from bootsales or FB marketplace rather than expensive "vintage" items that other instagrammers covet.

Reactions: 9
Ah that's lousy news, I was rooting for them. I hope that the new start is everything that she needs, she spends so much time tending to everyone else that she probably needs to tend to herself a bit now too.

Reactions: 6
Sad about the break up, but how does she remain so smug even now. I find it too much. Especially when she got the campervan. Vomit inducing smugness.

• Haha
I'd never thought of her as smug, I think because she often posts about negative experiences too and doesn't try to make life sound perfect but maybe you're right. Tattle enlightens me again!!

Reactions: 5
I felt like she didn’t want to say they had broken up for good and that’s why she showed the inbox message and reply at the end

Her new house seems bigger than her last one and in a more desirable area. I'm happy for her its a nice house but eye rolling at how much she must be on now she has turned into QVC.

I’m glad she’s doing well enough to be able to rent a lovely house for her and the kids. I think she’s really transparent with ads and it’s very easy to avoid her advertising if you want to on her Instagram.

Reactions: 6
I’m glad she’s doing well enough to be able to rent a lovely house for her and the kids. I think she’s really transparent with ads and it’s very easy to avoid her advertising if you want to on her Instagram.
Yeah I have to agree, she's one of the few that seem to make a bit of effort with ads.

Her landlords have left her two teatowels that retail at £39 EACH!? Most landlords wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire 😂

Reactions: 7
Maybe they'll sell their old house? I'm sure I read that only one of Mr OGs boys is living there full time so it must be pretty empty now

Maybe they'll sell their old house? I'm sure I read that only one of Mr OGs boys is living there full time so it must be pretty empty now
I'm pretty sure that they only stay at weekends? That was always Russ' house, her mum has her old house. I doubt he'll sell it because I doubt hes paying a big mortgage on it as its just a bog standard semi. They did the work on it to make it gorgeous. So it will be great value for money.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.