Themepark worldwide

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all I am new on here and have been watching ThemeParkWorldwide on and off. I don't particularly enjoy the vlogs with Charlotte in I just find her annoying and she just repeats what Shawn says. She just stares and smiles vacantly into the camera in intros saying things like 'I don't know what to expect' etc. it just feels really unnatural and forced. Surely you would know a bit of what to expect as wouldn't you think to do some of your own research?

With regards to filming kids, in one of his Vienna vlogs he filmed a kid on this little kiddy coaster I asked did you get the permission from the parents he said 'yes I was talking to them about the ride' and then went on to say that as the theme park is a public place, he can pretty much film what he wants which I thought was a very arrogant response.

I always find it sort of funny when people give him weird looks on rides when he is yapping away to his future audience via the GoPro but it looks like he is talking to himself. I don't think he should be talking and screeching HELIX etc. on rides as it potentially spoil's other people's experience.

As for the engagement at Disneyland, the cynic in me thinks that was all a set up for the '10 years of the channel' and people typing in 'engagement Disneyland' will see it potentially click and then go on to potentially subscribe and watch further videos. Not to mention he is likely monetizing off of that vid as well. It's all done to further the channel, in a way I feel a bit sorry for Charlotte because of that as it should be a private moment really not something staged to get more views/engagement. But then again, I have always felt that their relationship is weird, without the channel, what would really hold them together? I doubt they spend much time together other than at theme parks filming for the channel as Shawn is rarely at home he's always off galivanting about throwing himself around on rollercoasters.

Reactions: 10
Hi all I am new on here and have been watching ThemeParkWorldwide on and off. I don't particularly enjoy the vlogs with Charlotte in I just find her annoying and she just repeats what Shawn says. She just stares and smiles vacantly into the camera in intros saying things like 'I don't know what to expect' etc. it just feels really unnatural and forced. Surely you would know a bit of what to expect as wouldn't you think to do some of your own research?

With regards to filming kids, in one of his Vienna vlogs he filmed a kid on this little kiddy coaster I asked did you get the permission from the parents he said 'yes I was talking to them about the ride' and then went on to say that as the theme park is a public place, he can pretty much film what he wants which I thought was a very arrogant response.

I always find it sort of funny when people give him weird looks on rides when he is yapping away to his future audience via the GoPro but it looks like he is talking to himself. I don't think he should be talking and screeching HELIX etc. on rides as it potentially spoil's other people's experience.

As for the engagement at Disneyland, the cynic in me thinks that was all a set up for the '10 years of the channel' and people typing in 'engagement Disneyland' will see it potentially click and then go on to potentially subscribe and watch further videos. Not to mention he is likely monetizing off of that vid as well. It's all done to further the channel, in a way I feel a bit sorry for Charlotte because of that as it should be a private moment really not something staged to get more views/engagement. But then again, I have always felt that their relationship is weird, without the channel, what would really hold them together? I doubt they spend much time together other than at theme parks filming for the channel as Shawn is rarely at home he's always off galivanting about throwing himself around on rollercoasters.
I found it so awkward that Charlotte was slagging off the castle at Disneyland saying it was too small etc just before he proposed 😂😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah I also found the engagement video weird to share with everyone on YouTube. It's not really a 'personality' channel if you know what I mean, didn't really fit and a bit cynical. I'm willing to bet Charlotte had no say at all in it being put in a video, or more likely the thought didn't cross her empty head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Watched the latest video. What's up with her over the top reactions to getting splashed on a water ride. A family sitting next to her trying to enjoy themselves while she screams n sulks. Must have thought, what the hell wrong with this stupid woman with the tusks sticking out her big gob.
She’s an immature brat!

Have literally only found this forum in last week, but had immense fun flicking back through 9 pages of TPW bashing, I just knew there had to be one somewhere, and rightly so, I don’t mind admitting I cut my teeth (no pun intended Charlotte) as a regular Youtube viewer with TPW but the more you watch, the more Charlotte grates, just repeating what Shaun says, never offering with little goes on in her head and just smiling (why !?) vacuously into the go-pro … and IF ever allegations were made towards others ‘related’ to Alex, you genuinely wouldn’t be surprised, nor if Charlotte ever broke free and said being part of that group was like abduction and induction into a cult !!! But from the outside looking in, that would require a pretty heavy duty brain and personality transplant

Charlotte brings absolutely nothing to the channel, her exaggerated reaction to getting wet and constantly just repeating what Shaun says is getting unbearable. When you compare her to someone like Sarah @ coaster studios for example in regards to Theme Park/ride knowledge and input it’s pretty embarrassing.

On a Shaun note, my boyfriend met him at work recently and was shocked because he was super nice and approachable, he stopped to have a 5 minute conversation and apparently seemed really interested in my boyfriends opinions on rides etc. That being said, he is mates with multiple massive creeps so I still think he’s a twit!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Charlotte brings absolutely nothing to the channel, her exaggerated reaction to getting wet and constantly just repeating what Shaun says is getting unbearable. When you compare her to someone like Sarah @ coaster studios for example in regards to Theme Park/ride knowledge and input it’s pretty embarrassing.

On a Shaun note, my boyfriend met him at work recently and was shocked because he was super nice and approachable, he stopped to have a 5 minute conversation and apparently seemed really interested in my boyfriends opinions on rides etc. That being said, he is mates with multiple massive creeps so I still think he’s a twit!
I had a similar experience! When I worked at Alton Towers, I had a decent chat with Shawn about the park and he was asking me about how I’m finding it etc. It was the same again when I bumped into him at Thorpe Park. You wouldn’t think he would be friends with the likes of Alex based on how nice he seems in these interactions!

Reactions: 6
We stayed at the Clarion a few years back and saw them waiting for their bus to go home; they chatted for a bit and seemed nice guys but then I read about Alex… 😬

Reactions: 3
We saw them at Alton towers not long ago and they looked miserable

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Don't know a lot about how this works but what is the estimate of what Shawn makes from this channel? 313k subs and views that seems to vary from 20k-50k on average.

Is that enough to make a comfortable living? He obviously does a lot of travel but always seems to go on a budget

Reactions: 1
Don't know a lot about how this works but what is the estimate of what Shawn makes from this channel? 313k subs and views that seems to vary from 20k-50k on average.

Is that enough to make a comfortable living? He obviously does a lot of travel but always seems to go on a budget
100% its comfortable for Shawn to live on. He lives with his parents still.. i think the car he drives will be paid for as he hasnt changed it for many years. Charlotte works full time also. I heard Shawns very tight with money and makes Charlotte pay for alot of things her self. He doesn't pay anyone to be on the channel i guess... also why would he stay any super posh places when he's on his own (with alex) when they spend most of the time in the parks and attractions i guess.. usually when Charlottes tagging along the hotels seem better. Also i believe alot of stuff he gets gifted or advertising.. not sure how much actually gets declared.

Yeah I thought they had to state if something is gifted or an Ad? Do remember him saying he got 'invited' down to the Fun Spot type places in Florida.

Pretty tit to not pay Charlotte anything as she's basically a co-host now. Just from a quick scroll through his channel and vlogs with Charlotte in the thumbnail get more views. Although could be because he goes to more interesting places with her.

How can he still live with his mum when he's engaged to be married now haha

Reactions: 2

I plugged the stats from the channel into a website and on average he is earning from the TTW channel about £29-33k a year. So a fairly good sum especially when he is living rent free at his parent's house.

BUT......

You then have to think about the fact that given he has over 300k subscribers, he only gets 20-50k like TheNortherner has mentioned AND you have to factor in the cost of the trips: Flights, season/annual passes, entry fees, hotels, food/drink, car overheads (insurance, tax MOT/service, wear and tear, petrol), tolls. Plus the good old taxman will take a chunk of tax and NI out of that plus I would hope he is paying into a private pension pot too.

So in reality, he will be relatively well off, but not that well off. I always think how can he have so much energy and how will he continue that for the next however many years travelling about left, right and centre with very little break in between. Also when he's not walking round theme parks, the rest of his time is taken up with editing, emailing places to try and get free entry etc. It is very telling that he is resurrecting his Adventure Shawn channel and posting more vlogs on there. That might earn him an extra 2-3k if he is lucky, and it is extra time spent having to film stuff which would have been leisure time and editing. Not really worth it in my opinion. It is eroding into his free time and also the time that he spends with Charlotte, so they are spending even more time doing stuff for the channels.

Once Shawn and Charlotte are married they will have to rent or buy somewhere which will affect how much money he has, we don't know how much she makes but I doubt it would support both of them should Youtube suddenly shut down or vloggers get banned from filming in parks. Or even worse, something happens to him and he physically can't do his job anymore.

Shawn is pretty good in saying that something was gifted like in Tenerife with the hire car and the water park entry. Also they were hosted at Phantasialand for the opening of the new area a few years ago and also more recently in Denmark and he always thanks the places for giving them free entry or for hosting them.

I am surprised he hasn't gone down the Patreon monetization route yet considering how long he has been around, maybe once he is paying a proper rent or mortgage he will!

It seems he has a big, regular audience who like him and would pay for exclusive/early videos and a discord or whatever. I find channels really go downhill once they start doing that

Just saw on Insta he was at the Hoppings today just after I left there myself! Could have had a look to see if he was with Alex the Beast

Reactions: 1
How nearly every video starts off. Imagine Charlotte grinning widely with a dead look in her eyes.

Shawn: Today we're at Europa Park in Germany!
Charlotte: We're in Germany
Shawn: We're hoping to get on some good rides today, aren't we Charlotte?
Charlotte: I like rides

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How nearly every video starts off. Imagine Charlotte grinning widely with a dead look in her eyes.

Shawn: Today we're at Europa Park in Germany!
Charlotte: We're in Germany
Shawn: We're hoping to get on some good rides today, aren't we Charlotte?
Charlotte: I like rides
I literally can’t stand her 🤬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.