TheLongMum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø Itā€™s car crash Telly šŸ¤£
It really is. Sheā€™s such a bleeping try hard. So desperate and pathetic!! In fact, is she off her head? Genuine question. Thereā€™s just something not right about her

Reactions: 1
Well she's just a boring unemployed 40 year old who spends most of her life in her slippers and dressing gown who inexplicably has 16k followers (all arse lickers judging by the comments on the orange hair post) so she's desperately trying to stay relevant by talking about wanking and making weird videos of herself dancing. Not even particularly an "instamummy" any more especially since she revealed her 4 year old still walks about with a dummy in her gob so what exactly is her USP?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well she's just a boring unemployed 40 year old who spends most of her life in her slippers and dressing gown who inexplicably has 16k followers (all arse lickers judging by the comments on the orange hair post) so she's desperately trying to stay relevant by talking about wanking and making weird videos of herself dancing. Not even particularly an "instamummy" any more especially since she revealed her 4 year old still walks about with a dummy in her gob so what exactly is her USP?
I was surprised about the dummy

Whether he's an arse or not, I think he has a right to not have his personal life blasted over the Internet. I wouldn't be very happy if my ex was talking about me/our kids online.

Reactions: 6
I used to like her and found her very witty and dry which I really enjoyed but now itā€™s just moan moan moan, it feels so draining. I donā€™t agree with her putting the stuff about her ex on insta, her girls will probably be able to access it all at some point in the future.

Whether he's an arse or not, I think he has a right to not have his personal life blasted over the Internet. I wouldn't be very happy if my ex was talking about me/our kids online.
I agree although I do think people in her situation would benefit from others talking about it.

I agree although I do think people in her situation would benefit from others talking about it.
I've referenced in past posts that I was in her exact situation, but I started to find her too unrelatable. Its a tough one, where to draw the line between speaking out to help others and then broadcasting your personal family life to total randoms.

Well the "hello spies" bit was obviously because every time she says something horrible about her ex it gets back to him largely because it's usually lies and his friends don't like seeing him bad mouthed on the internet when he A) hasn't done anything wrong and B) can't defend himself.

Well the "hello spies" bit was obviously because every time she says something horrible about her ex it gets back to him largely because it's usually lies and his friends don't like seeing him bad mouthed on the internet when he A) hasn't done anything wrong and B) can't defend himself.
Or it could possibly be because he/his girlfriend is commenting on it anonymously on the internet šŸ¤­šŸ˜‚

I've referenced in past posts that I was in her exact situation, but I started to find her too unrelatable. Its a tough one, where to draw the line between speaking out to help others and then broadcasting your personal family life to total randoms.
Very similar situation here also. Yeah I get your point absolutely. Especially when the person in question has a few thousand followers itā€™s a tough one to know whatā€™s ok and what isnā€™t.

What do we reckon the mediation is for ?
Having been there it could be any and everything. Abusive behaviour, money, general lack of communication re kids. Even the relationship itself. Itā€™s almost impossible to coparent well if you havenā€™t dealt with the issues within the relationship and had closure

She has complained before about her ex reducing the amount of maintenance he was paying so I think it's to do with money. Especially as she was making a point about "we will see whether he pays his half of the mediation"

I do sometimes think some of the criticisms of her and her attitude towards her struggles have been kind of callous, but she doesnā€™t help herself sometimes. That story the other day about how a couple of boys of 10 or 11 were standing too near her elder girl on a walk or something was a prime example. One of them said that the little girl ā€œshould move out of the wayā€ or w/e and TLM says she yelled ā€œsheā€™s 4 years old headā€ and when one of them said ā€œso whatā€ or something back she claims to have responded ā€œduck off!ā€.

It would be weird and unpleasant enough for an adult to be verbally abusive to pre-pubescent kids if those kids had been verbally abusive themselves. Like... as an adult, youā€™re not really in control of yourself if you canā€™t even slightly take the high road when some kids gob off. But if her account was accurate then these kids barely did anything at all, the worst they could be accused of was being a bit petulant and sulky.

Itā€™s completely mental to respond to the harmless backchat of children you donā€™t know with screamed obscenities. I really hope that story was embroidered, because wtf.

I definitely think there's something else going on with her and the way she seems to be so unable to cope. (This is not a criticism at all and being a single parent is so hard - I know myself). But there's so many of us that manage it, and some parents manage it in really destitute circumstances, without having all these meltdowns.
I just feel like she's holding back on some of the facts (which she is totally within her right to do) but I feel like that's why there seems to be something off.

Reactions: 6
I definitely think there's something else going on with her and the way she seems to be so unable to cope. (This is not a criticism at all and being a single parent is so hard - I know myself). But there's so many of us that manage it, and some parents manage it in really destitute circumstances, without having all these meltdowns.
I just feel like she's holding back on some of the facts (which she is totally within her right to do) but I feel like that's why there seems to be something off.
You mean like how she doesnā€™t work and has a couple of kid free days a week yet is still exhausted and canā€™t cope with them in the time she does have?
No some people are just bone idle and donā€™t want to be parents - but itā€™s too late now because the kids are already here, theyā€™re real people who need looked after. My friend is one of them, sheā€™s a single mum but her ex has her kids 3 nights a week. And the days she has her kids her mum and dad have them half of that time. But yet she constantly talks about how difficult her life is.

Reactions: 5
You mean like how she doesnā€™t work and has a couple of kid free days a week yet is still exhausted and canā€™t cope with them in the time she does have?
No some people are just bone idle and donā€™t want to be parents - but itā€™s too late now because the kids are already here, theyā€™re real people who need looked after. My friend is one of them, sheā€™s a single mum but her ex has her kids 3 nights a week. And the days she has her kids her mum and dad have them half of that time. But yet she constantly talks about how difficult her life is.
Well when you put it like that šŸ˜‚

I agree completely. Itā€™s difficult, because as you say, she has every right to keep whatever she wants to from public view. The problem is that when you sell your account as a warts n all, I-hide-nothing, dgaf free-for-all type deal, then your audience will inevitably make judgments on the basis of what they can see, since they wonā€™t be automatically allowing for all the missing info as they might with a more boundary-having, less chaotic account. And obviously missing puzzle pieces can completely change the overall picture.

To me it seems obvious sheā€™s suffering, and while viewers are obviously only getting her side of the story about the problems with her ex, obviously thereā€™s every possibility her account of it all is fair. I really do feel though that she would benefit from reigning in some of the let-it-all-hang-out type vibe. It must be tiring enough having to perform on Insta even as a glossier, more professional enterprise but when your brand is so peppered and intertwined with your vulnerabilities it must be incredibly difficult to keep a level head about it all. She sounds so down on her herself since her breakup, and honestly who can blame her, to be left alone when your eldest is in the thick of the threenage years and your youngest is days old must be petrifying and overwhelming beyond belief. And hell, Iā€™d be bitter as duck too. I just think sheā€™s kind of using Insta as a way to exorcise some stuff, and because 1) the communication see-saw is so unbalanced (her vs 15,000 followers) and 2) validation seeking is such a bleeping tenuous way to get dopamine hits - and sheā€™s as good as admitted how vain she is - itā€™s just making her sink further and further into the pit. You know what I mean?

Reactions: 7