The Witt Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doubt she can be a keyworker. I know she is working in retail but what retailer allows 2 weeks off at xmas?? Not an essential one surely?

Reactions: 1
Doubt she can be a keyworker. I know she is working in retail but what retailer allows 2 weeks off at xmas?? Not an essential one surely?
Tesco do anyway I watch an influencer that works in Tesco and she's just had two weeks off.

9DE70156-57A7-4AE7-813D-2EA18368D5ED.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if they would get a place though, I know a lot of schools ask for 2 key workers (or one of a single parent family).

Would Claire not be classed as a keyworker ?
Yes she is, but some schools want both parents to be before they give a child a place in school during closures. Is Graham classed as one? I’m not up to date on who is and isn’t.

Yes she is, but some schools want both parents to be before they give a child a place in school during closures. Is Graham classed as one? I’m not up to date on who is and isn’t.
Yes Graham would deff be one he's a farmer ,any profession the public relies on is a key worker.

Yes Graham would deff be one he's a farmer ,any profession the public relies on is a key worker.
Oh of course, for some reason I was thinking because he works at home, but he doesn’t really, it’s a bloody farm. I’m obviously having a dumb moment 😫

• Haha
think they've changed it from 'key worker' to 'critical worker' now. so it's a bit different this time around. they'd both be classed as critical workers so if the school is open then she could send them in.
but then she only works part-time anyway, so she'd still have to do part-time homeschooling.

Reactions: 2
think they've changed it from 'key worker' to 'critical worker' now. so it's a bit different this time around. they'd both be classed as critical workers so if the school is open then she could send them in, but i know a lot of schools who have chosen to shut (as opposed to being told to shut), aren't opening at all, even for critical workers.
Our schools are open it will depend what's available in her area,but I think most will have to open or how will healthworkers manage.

Waiting for Rugratz to moan about Claire sending the kids to school instead of home schooling 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You can only send them when your working though so she would still have to part time homeschool .

Although (speaking from experience as a teacher who has covered the key worker kids) they are LONG days for the kids so they could potentially get all their work for the week done and dusted during that time. leaving their other days free.

That’s interesting cause when our schools were open for keyworkers It was just for childcare they didnt follow the curriculum at all .

That’s interesting cause when our schools were open for keyworkers It was just for childcare they didnt follow the curriculum at all .
No we don’t teach during that time, just supervise. But if Claire was to download the work for the kids and send it with them they could do it. We provided help if kids asked, didn’t just let them struggle on or anything! Also provide lots of time off work, outdoors where possible because oh good lord, those days are long. This is secondary btw, I’m not sure how it goes in primary but I know in my own kids’ school the teachers helped the wee ones with the work set

Reactions: 3
She was at work yesterday Graham cleaned the carpets and furniture while she was out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.