The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well thats strange because ive seen many 7 year olds and around that age and not seen any major shift in their behaviour, usually its preexisting bad behaviour that worsens the longer it isnt addressed.
Nope. My daughter was the dream child, it’s a shift in hormones or something. I watched her friends and my nephew go through the same thing and it was talked about on a parenting forum I used to use.

Reactions: 5
No I mean those who are working or financially well off ... not all of them neglect their childrens psychological wellbeing. And those who dont have much money will still make sure their children have what they need
Please google childhood poverty to understand why this statement is insufferable.

Reactions: 6
Nope. My daughter was the dream child, it’s a shift in hormones or something. I watched her friends and my nephew go through the same thing and it was talked about on a parenting forum I used to use.
Oh yes I’ve heard that thing about hormones before now you mention it

Well thats strange because ive seen many 7 year olds and around that age and not seen any major shift in their behaviour, usually its preexisting bad behaviour that worsens the longer it isnt addressed.
You don’t always see the bad behaviour from other people’s kids though. Just because you have seen other people’s 7yos be “good” doesn’t mean you have any real understanding of how they are in a home setting with just their parents(when children feel most safe and therefore usually act the worst). Also at least 4 people have said they have or have had a child that age and it’s their experience. So are they all wrong because you’ve never seen it in other kids?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My 3rd child is now nearly 7 and she is the hardest of all my 4 right now!

Oh yes I’ve heard that thing about hormones before now you mention it

You don’t always see the bad behaviour from other people’s kids though. Just because you have seen other people’s 7yos be “good” doesn’t mean you have any real understanding of how they are in a home setting with just their parents(when children feel most safe and therefore usually act the worst).
I agree. My eldest was the dream child. So well behaved. I could have taken her anywhere and known she’d behave. It was around 7 she started with the teenage attitude too. And the “I hate you” which really does sting the first time you hear it. Now I’ve had 4 it’s water off a duck’s back! I think that’s what had upset Claire so much in that vlog.

I agree. My eldest was the dream child. So well behaved. I could have taken her anywhere and known she’d behave. It was around 7 she started with the teenage attitude too. And the “I hate you” which really does sting the first time you hear it. Now I’ve had 4 it’s water off a duck’s back! I think that’s what had upset Claire so much in that vlog.
My kids are younger, but are always best behaved around others (thank heavens. Save their devilment for home!)
I haven’t watched these vlogs of Claire’s but I can see why she’s be so upset if there seemed to be such a sudden shift in Alister’s behaviour. Going through it for the first time must be tough.

Nope. Not true at all, sorry rugratarino, but you’re clearly no expert when it comes to bambino’s.

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe how big Myles is in her recent videos :oops:
does anyone else think the food portion sizes for Alister and violet are tiny? I’ve got a 15 year old boy who eats more than I do and I’m sure by Alister’s age he was eating almost adult sized portions

My 10 year old daughter eats an adult portion and her height and weight is spot on for her age.

Reactions: 2
I suppose it depends on each child though. Maybe he hasn’t a big appetite. My (perfectly formed!) 8yo nephew doesn’t eat huge portions, smaller than my own kids who are younger. He just isn’t a big eater

Reactions: 1
does anyone else think the food portion sizes for Alister and violet are tiny? I’ve got a 15 year old boy who eats more than I do and I’m sure by Alister’s age he was eating almost adult sized portions
I think this too she made one cheese toastie and gave them half each . He is 10 surely half a cheese toastie one slice of bread isn’t enough .

• Wow
I think this too she made one cheese toastie and gave them half each . He is 10 surely half a cheese toastie one slice of bread isn’t enough .
She will half a packet of crisps too. I can’t decide if shes tight or hasn’t realised they are growing up.

Reactions: 3
I think Grahams is tiny also for a hard working man of his size.

All of mine age that are 7-15 would eat both halves of that toastie.

It’s sad that she feels lonely. Didn’t one of her close friends have a baby just before her?

Yes it’s just a guideline but if a professional tells you doing something will reduce the risk of your baby suddenly stopping breathing I as a parent would do all in my power to reduce the risks. Yes it might be all right and the chances are it will be but I wouldn’t take any risks when it comes to my children. It’s not the law to wear helmets on bikes either but does that mean I just send my kids out without helmets? No of course I want to reduce the risk of any harm coming to them so they wear helmets . Why take the chance . But then she lets them jump on a trampoline without net and also has no safety around the pool. She also sits the baby unstrapped in a bouncer on the kitchen worktop. She also publicises that she leaves them alone in the house while she runs her boot camp in the field next to her house . But yes the risks are hers to take and it’s her who would have to live with it.
I bet you're fun at parties

• Haha
I bet you're fun at parties
Nothing like keeping kids safe to ruin a party, eh? 🙄🙄🙄

I can see why she feels lonely, it’s been such a long time since she had a newborn, and it can be lonely, especially if you’re used to having your days to yourself. It is sad though

Nothing like keeping kids safe to ruin a party, eh? 🙄🙄🙄

I can see why she feels lonely, it’s been such a long time since she had a newborn, and it can be lonely, especially if you’re used to having your days to yourself. It is sad though
There's keeping them safe and then there's wrapping them up in cotton wool.

One thing I really like about Claire is that she doesn’t shy away from talking about things openly and being honest. Saying how she feels lonely and also talking about quite a taboo subject of incontinence after childbirth in her recent update is great, I think. Especially in comparison to other insta/YouTube mums who would have you think everything is rainbows and butterflies all the time. Yes she has her flaws like everyone but I do like how ‘normal’ she is. She doesn’t have an insta-perfect home or is jetting off on gifted Disney trips all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.