The Weather #4 Meteorology moaning

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hamza Yusef to visit Brechin :rolleyes: haven't they suffered enough?:unsure:
I think the king will pay an unofficial visit, you heard it here first 😉 not far from his Scottish home turf and the royals have family friends who live in Brechin castle.

I'm firmly team summer - absolutely hate this torrential rain. Scared about heating costs for winter & how I'm going to dry my clothes
this year we've had a mixture of heavy constant heavy rain, high winds, with exception of the last week in May a few weeks in June, 2 weeks in September, and were now starting our icy season, there is huge berries on the bushes here, My Aunt has said that seemingly it is a sign of a bad winter! so not looking forward to it!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
this year we've had a mixture of heavy constant heavy rain, high winds, with exception of the last week in May a few weeks in June, 2 weeks in September, and were now starting our icy season, there is huge berries on the bushes here, My Aunt has said that seemingly it is a sign of a bad winter! so not looking forward to it!
Omg yes berries! They are everywhere! Sick of trying to stop the dog eating them! We were just saying we don’t remember so many last year!

Pure moor grime where I am and various shifting banks of fog.
It's nice to be indoors with the heating on.
I like this type of weather tbh. It's the secret goth in me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is anybody experiencing this storm Ciaran?
It's been perma fog here for over a week.
Maybe somethings on fire and it's just smoke.

It's only affecting the South - so it's massive headline news on the BBC
I didn’t want to say because the Channel Islands looks badly affected, but I agree! People were having to use boats to travel around Chesterfield a few weeks ago, but this is big news because it affects the South!

Reactions: 3
I'm in the Midlands so so far it's been drizzly rain all day, road surface spray and wind, but not as bad as what I am seeing down south on the TV. This weather depresses me though. It went dark outside about 3pm, and I was in the office at work and it was that horrible bright office /dark windows contrast.

Theres only so much murk a person can take even by my standards.
I'm going to start necking this again. I've got a couple of bottles in reserve.

BetterYou D3000 + Vitamin D + K2 Spray 12ml

Sorry for lack of link. My home internets gone murky too.
The sprayer was wonky so I've just taken 9 doses. That should brighten me up.

Last edited:
Is anybody experiencing this storm Ciaran?
It's been perma fog here for over a week.
Maybe somethings on fire and it's just smoke.
I am down south and half my office couldn't get in as the roads were flooded, and we haven't even been badly hit really

Reactions: 1
This weather/storm is weird. Thursday was wet, windy, dark, but Friday was sunny and more or less dry, and now back to wet windy and dark on Saturday. Perhaps where I live was under a clear pocket in the sky, yesterday *shrugs*

It's back to murk here.
The sun came out yesterday and I could see everythings still there like it was before.
There's some sheep and cows appeared that wren't there last week pre murk.
The cows look a bit fed up. The sheep sanguine.
Another apt word would be dreich. Which I favour but have no idea how to pronounce tbh.
It's been an old school/retro October in many ways with mists, fog, drizzle, dank IMO.
I've been spamming the central heating.
Plus it's Bommy neet tomorrow which I'd totally forgotten about despite hearing various explosions all week.

Last edited:
I never leave my heating on overnight but it’s so cold I’m tempted to, just on low.

I have woken up to snow!. Today is my day in the office, I also have a boot full of presents, decorations and snacks as today is a team members big birthday and I have ended up collating everything... I hate driving in the snow 😭.

• Sad
I have woken up to snow!. Today is my day in the office, I also have a boot full of presents, decorations and snacks as today is a team members big birthday and I have ended up collating everything... I hate driving in the snow 😭.
Same, it’s meant to be snowing here all day and I’m taking my dog to daycare which is 15 miles away. I said I wasn’t going to take him cos I was worried about the snow but my boyfriend couldn’t understand it, so I’m taking him and he’s going to try and finish work early to pick him up incase it’s worse later. He doesn’t mind driving in snow so can’t understand why I’m so terrified!

• Heart
Same, it’s meant to be snowing here all day and I’m taking my dog to daycare which is 15 miles away. I said I wasn’t going to take him cos I was worried about the snow but my boyfriend couldn’t understand it, so I’m taking him and he’s going to try and finish work early to pick him up incase it’s worse later. He doesn’t mind driving in snow so can’t understand why I’m so terrified!
Best of luck, I feel the same, hoping by doing it I'll over come the fear*

* I really want to tell everyone they can wfh but don't want to spoil her day 😕.

Edit: I have given people the choice. If she doesn't come in I'll be fuming 😆. Off I go..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Best of luck, I feel the same, hoping by doing it I'll over come the fear*

* I really want to tell everyone they can wfh but don't want to spoil her day 😕.

Edit: I have given people the choice. If she doesn't come in I'll be fuming 😆. Off I go..
Hope you managed ok!
Today there’s more snow and I have to take the dog to the groomers which he is well overdue so can’t cancel. Why does it have to be the two days I need to drive 😭🤣