The Weather #4 Meteorology moaning

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I hate this extreme level of humidity and have had a miserable week because my eczema has had a field day, I’m grateful that I can live without having my heating on.
Last Winter was miserable trying to keep warm under a blanket and feeling anxious every time I put my heating on. The people who refer to Autumn and Winter as ‘cosy’ clearly have money to burn!

Reactions: 6
I've honestly had enough now. Haven't posted for a while because thankfully the last 6 weeks have been ok(for summer anyway) thought we had got away without anymore hot weather but no. I had 3 hours sleep last night so this had better be the last warm night as I'm knackered and fed up. And yes to those who think they have SAD but in the summer. I'm fairly convinced I have it, my whole mood is totally dependant on if the sun is out or not. I could cry with happiness that it's going to be 16 and rainy where I am on Tuesday!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My favorite (not) combo of hot yet rainy all next week..frizz city population me, hair in a bun all week.

Also forgot how much I hate drying clothes inside 😑.

Reactions: 1
I am looking forward to being able to have the duvet over me again. Usually I would be completely underneath it. Even my head. I feel quite vulnerable at night not being able to hide underneath it. A hangover from my childhood experiencing sleep paralysis.

Reactions: 4
After today the temps in my area are meant to drop a bit which I'm so pleased about. Still too warm for my liking, but anything is better than this horrible muggy heat we've got now. It's got me feeling so rough

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Finally much cooler here today after a huge rainstorm yesterday. Managed to get a good sleep too 😌

I’m going to Florida in three weeks where it’ll be soooo humid and hot, so hoping for a bit of a reprieve these next couple of weeks. 🥵

I like having seasons, but the UK just seems to lurch from lows to highs without warning, and we’re not equipped to deal with extremes.

Reactions: 11
It was supposed to rain here today but it didn’t - not only is it still too hot, I could’ve put the washing out! Why is the weather mocking me? 😭

Good grief, the temperature has come down but it's biblical rain here - there was a brief lull about 10 minutes ago, now it's at it again. I would like to go out, but I'm going to wait for a bit!

I'm glad it's cooled down tbh.

I'm ok with hot weather but I found that mini heatwave thing a bit oppressive up my way.

Maybe because the nights had started drawing in made it feel odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm firmly team summer - absolutely hate this torrential rain. Scared about heating costs for winter & how I'm going to dry my clothes

Reactions: 5
Thoroughly pissed off right now. All I see over SM and the news is “lovely warm October” “dried 5 loads on the line”. Where TF is that then? Yes, it’s slightly warm up here in the NE but it’s also rainy AF which means it’s humid AF, everything is damp, the roads are slimy and I feel gross as soon as I get out out of the shower. The dog is muddy and I hate the world.

I am stressing so much about humidity. How is is 92% here yet 56% in London? How? How?

(give me a month and I will be stressing about wind, ice, rain, snow)

Thoroughly pissed off right now. All I see over SM and the news is “lovely warm October” “dried 5 loads on the line”. Where TF is that then? Yes, it’s slightly warm up here in the NE but it’s also rainy AF which means it’s humid AF, everything is damp, the roads are slimy and I feel gross as soon as I get out out of the shower. The dog is muddy and I hate the world.

I am stressing so much about humidity. How is is 92% here yet 56% in London? How? How?

I think humidity is relative to temperature. London was probably warmer than the NE and warmer air can hold more moisture.

tell me about it! I looked at the forecast for Saturday just gone at the beginning of last week and it said lovely sunny skies and 20 degrees! Lovely I thought, will have a nice day in the garden before winter comes! Reality was grey murky skies, muggy but not 20 degrees, and rain later on and all night 🙈

Reactions: 3
I don’t care if I’m the only one posting on this thread. This weather is awful. I feel for everyone really suffering ❤. We had 3 days of proper crisp autumn after muggy tit and now there’s going to be a month of rain before winter sets in.

Sick of this tit.

(Something awful happened when I was younger regarding weather that my mum and I only just really realised was probably making us hate weather so much. Won’t mention it as it’s horrid but it’s kind of validates why I can’t sleep and go into a blue funk any time it’s awful). I’ll write again soon with another moan x

• Heart
Reactions: 2