The Weather #2 Meteorology moaning 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen the gritters out today. We've been advised to wfh mon, tue. Kids at school still but attending in PE kits.

Had so many texts from the water company. Been using dish water on the fruit and veg and having super short showers but everywhere I drive people are filling up huge pools! (Just jealous tbf). 🏊‍♀️🐳⛵

Reactions: 2
I've seen the gritters out today. We've been advised to wfh mon, tue. Kids at school still but attending in PE kits.

Had so many texts from the water company. Been using dish water on the fruit and veg and having super short showers but everywhere I drive people are filling up huge pools! (Just jealous tbf). 🏊‍♀️🐳⛵
I've had an email from my water company, just a polite email to ask us to be careful with water.

Reactions: 3
I've had an email from my water company, just a polite email to ask us to be careful with water.
Ha, us locals have been asked to not use much water cos of the visitors!! Don't think so, I pay enough water rates, rather have water than tourists!!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
What I don't understand is why when there's a red weather alert in winter it means stay home, but a red weather alert in summer means have a solero!!!

Anyway, I'm in Scotland, the forecast is for showers tommorrow!!! It's been a pretty miserable summer so far here so some good weather will be appreciated.

Reactions: 1
My plan is to do school run but have the bottom on the pram filled with bottles of water , that way if someone is at school without i Can give them one, if not I’ll throw them to the kids and they can have a water fight on way home 😂😂.
filled a freezer with ice lollies and I’ll put some bottles in .

I got on the metro link in Manchester and they has announcements , try not to travel Monday and Tuesday , always carry water. Give up seats to anyone who is struggling , and if feeling dizzy or I’ll to get off at the first stop and press button for help

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s very warm in my flat already. Ive got a few bottles of water in the freezer aswell as the ice packs, I’m going to wrap one of the bottles in a tea towel and put my feet on it and I’m going to put an ice pack under my cats water bowl. Going to go out and put bowls of water out for the birds some shallow for bathing and bowls for others to drink (some birds gulp water like magpies and wood pigeons).
It’s the evenings that are really hard to manage as it gets awfully hot in here so I will be having a nice cold shower before bed.

It’s very warm in my flat already. Ive got a few bottles of water in the freezer aswell as the ice packs, I’m going to wrap one of the bottles in a tea towel and put my feet on it and I’m going to put an ice pack under my cats water bowl. Going to go out and put bowls of water out for the birds some shallow for bathing and bowls for others to drink (some birds gulp water like magpies and wood pigeons).
It’s the evenings that are really hard to manage as it gets awfully hot in here so I will be having a nice cold shower before bed.
Thanks for this .I forgot that we have a few cats who like to spend the day in our garden, we have huge trees so a lot of shaded areas. I will throw a few bowls of water out later and keep topped up x

Can’t wait to work in a stuffy hospital with no air conditioning in my heavy tunic, trousers and mask all day tomorrow and Tuesday 👍🏻🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Thanks for this .I forgot that we have a few cats who like to spend the day in our garden, we have huge trees so a lot of shaded areas. I will throw a few bowls of water out later and keep topped up x
yes definitely stick some more bowls out for them and the birds, they will appreciate it I’m sure!

Can’t wait to work in a stuffy hospital with no air conditioning in my heavy tunic, trousers and mask all day tomorrow and Tuesday 👍🏻🥲
oh man, I feel for you!

• Heart
We've been told that we can wear scrubs instead of uniform on Monday and Tuesday. So a slightly less heavy tunic, trousers and mask then 🙄

We've been told that we can wear scrubs instead of uniform on Monday and Tuesday. So a slightly less heavy tunic, trousers and mask then 🙄
We’re allowed to wear shorts… but only in our uniform colour (mine isn’t standard black or navy) and with our tunics still which looks bloody stupid and unprofessional. They won’t let us wear a plain white polo shirt despite the uniform previously including this. We’ve got a shortage of scrubs in the hospital so our department isn’t sanctioned for them.

We are allowed our water bottles on the ward though!

• Sad
Our forecast has changed for Monday and Tuesday to 35 degrees and I’m like ah only 35, “only” 😂 I’m still going to hate every minute of it but better than the 38 degrees that was forecast I guess.

My living room is already full of flies 😡 I’ve put the magnetic net curtain that goes across the back door up but finds it doesn’t let the breeze in so it’s heating up in here.

I'm all primed. I'm already hot and sweaty and we're still a few hours off the twenty-nine degree peak the online forecast tells us we've in store locally. However, I have just bought my secret weapons: chilli Pringles, mint and chocolate chip ice cream, vanilla ice cream and a bottle of Dandelion and Burdock to add to the Cola and orange juice I already have at home. There may be a very warm day ahead but it's going to be a tasty one as well!

I absolutely hate it. I currently live in a converted former Wesleyan church hall and my bedroom is in the attic and the windows are small. It is ridiculously warm during summer and freezing cold in winter.

I’ve currently got a car window shade over one of the windows which has made it the room dark and the air con is on. Tomorrow I may spend the whole day lying in a cold bath.

I’ve had two text messages over the last two days from my water company politely telling me to be careful with water and put the hosepipes and sprinklers away.

Are people sending their children to school? My sons school- secondary- is open but they say ‘Our current advice is that if parents feel that their child’s health will be compromised due to the extreme heat, please follow our normal absence procedure and keep your child at home if you feel you need to.’
To me this implies unless there is a health problem they expect them to attend. Other parents have said they are keeping them off anyway.
I’m not sure what the right thing to do is. No education will be lost as they were meant to be on trips which are cancelled.

Are people sending their children to school? My sons school- secondary- is open but they say ‘Our current advice is that if parents feel that their child’s health will be compromised due to the extreme heat, please follow our normal absence procedure and keep your child at home if you feel you need to.’
To me this implies unless there is a health problem they expect them to attend. Other parents have said they are keeping them off anyway.
I’m not sure what the right thing to do is. No education will be lost as they were meant to be on trips which are cancelled.
I’m sending my son to school because all the classrooms are air conditioned and it’s only a 5 minute walk to get there. If it wasn’t air conditioned / further away, I might reconsider if the school had sent a message saying they don’t have to go in.

Do you interpret my schools message as saying they don’t have to attend? That’s what I can’t figure out lol
Also school 30 min walk and no aircon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.