The Weather #2 Meteorology moaning 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in the north east where we are infamous for going out wearing next to nothing in winter... We are definitely not ready for this 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“The daily mail is going full on trying to annoy the boomer readers with this headline : "ambulances may burst into flames waiting outside hospitals"

Their readership no doubt used to work all day long in 40 degree heats and just got on with it 😆

Lived through the summer of 76 didn’t they @Yel 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why are they saying 1000s are going to die 😭🙄are we going to burst into flames. Isn’t it common sense to stay hydrated and in the shade

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was listening to Matt Frei on LBC earlier. He had a science expert on who said that the statisticians are mentioning how the worse case scenario could be upto 100k dying over Monday and Tuesday. He did say that there could well be thousands, possibly 10k. It does seem extreme, but who knows. He mentioned that the humidity in this country along with the high heat is a deadly combination.

Why are they saying 1000s are going to die 😭🙄are we going to burst into flames. Isn’t it common sense to stay hydrated and in the shade
You have to think of the vulnerable though, the elderly with pre existing health issues, those with learning disabilities etc. my uncle lives independently, but he would think nothing of baking in the sun all day. Burning, heatstroke etc

Then you have children, who parents don’t give two shits about their kid being out all day, severe sunburn is no joke

I have a brain condition that causes severe headaches. Heat exaggerates my symptoms to an extreme level

• Sad
Reactions: 13
You have to think of the vulnerable though, the elderly with pre existing health issues, those with learning disabilities etc. my uncle lived independently, but he would think m nothing of baking in the sun all day. Burning, heatstroke etc

Then you have children, who parents don’t give two shits about thei kid being out all day.

I have a brain condition that causes severe headaches. Heat exaggerates my symptoms to an extreme level
God I hope you will be ok. It’s really scary. I absolutely hate the heat. It’s 25 where I am right now and I hate it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You have to think of the vulnerable though, the elderly with pre existing health issues, those with learning disabilities etc. my uncle lives independently, but he would think nothing of baking in the sun all day. Burning, heatstroke etc

Then you have children, who parents don’t give two shits about their kid being out all day, serve sunburn is no joke

Yeah, I heard a science/climate expert mentioning how in Paris back in 2003 older people were going out to shop for a few things, but due to the heat they would be collapsing and dying. This is why it's important to pay attention to older people as they could easily deteriorate fast in this heat.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was listening to Matt Frei on LBC earlier. He had a science expert on who said that the statisticians are mentioning how the worse case scenario could be upto 100k dying over Monday and Tuesday. He did say that there could well be thousands, possibly 10k. It does seem extreme, but who knows. He mentioned that the humidity in this country along with the high heat is a deadly combination.
Humidity levels are actually forecast to be fairly low over the next few days, so it should be a drier heat. It will still be stiflingly hot, but at least not humid.

Reactions: 7
Humidity levels are actually forecast to be fairly low over the next few days, so it should be a drier heat. It will still be stiflingly hot, but at least not humid.
That's good to know, having low humidity will help a lot.

Interesting, thanks. I don't really follow the humidity, so didn't know that. Good to know, just hope it's not too unbearable. Gonna have 2 fans and cold flannels I think haha.

Reactions: 2
Iv got some important deadlines Monday and Tuesday at work. Already stressed on Friday in the heat trying to get it all done. Seriously considering doing some work tomorrow to make sure i can take some breaks Monday and Tuesday!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.