Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
I have a job interview at 15:30 They contacted me yesterday and said we could do it by Teams instead of me attending the office.
I'm tempted to wear a nice blouse on the top half as that will be on screen but just my knickers on the bottom half.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

1x2x3x4x

Does it stress anyone else out all these people who simply cannot grasp that late 30s temps in the uk just aren’t the same as abroad? Our country is built for keeping heat in, plus air con is rare and pools almost non existent. People are deliberately obtuse about this on purpose I swear!

I worry for all the animals in this heat😥

• Sad
Reactions: 26

PumpkinKing

Chatty Member
The walk to school wasnt to bad. Was more like early morning when your abroad and its just getting warm, shame i wasnt on my way to a pool 🤣
It’s the pick up I’m dreading. It’s uphill, I’m fat and don’t cope with heat well. I’ll resemble daddy pig doing his fun run 😂
C208B35C-8434-4278-84D8-3BAF16AC699E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

JohnLewis

I swear if I see one more comment about how we are whiners and people abroad manage I will scream!

Having lived and worked abroad I can tell you houses are built to keep the heat out unlike here, infrastructure is different, more heat resistant materials are used and we are not going to rip up runways for possibly a few days heat. Locals live and adapt to the heat (siestas, late meals etc) schools are already out, most locals move inland over the peak months when the heat on the coast is extreme. It takes weeks for your body to acclimatize, I remember being by a pool working wearing a jumper feeling chilly whilst holiday makers were sunbathing in October 😂 This isn’t like when we go on holiday and we have a cool pool to dip in, drinks to hand, no work, no school, no chores.

I’ve kept my child home today, kids fainted at their school yesterday, I’m sat in my home office all day working - it’s already 30.c in here and I feel sick so there’s no way I’m making them endure the same in a shoddy built 70’s era school to prove a point.

This isn’t a British summer, the weather we have coming up after this is what we are as a country are used to. This isn’t Spain, Greece or Italy. We’re a tiny island in the North Sea which should be wet and lush whether we like it or not. And Europe isn’t having a great time of it in the heat either with all the fires 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

NeverEnough

VIP Member
The part of me that does things just for shits and giggles is considering bookmarking this thread to post it in the inevitable thread moaning about the five feet of snow in January.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
There is definitely two types of people in this heat. My neighbours are sat outside in the garden behaving like they're on holiday. Then there's me and hubby shut in a room with the curtains closed, fans on the go and a mobile AC unit blasting away 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23

judsmum

Chatty Member
This is wank.

That’s all I have to say about it. I fucking hate summer and light nights and heat.

It’s wank.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

StatusWoe

VIP Member
The thermostat in the living room has stopped showing a reading. 😂 It says 'H' which I'm assuming means 'Hot'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

whoops!

My husband is obsessed with hot weather, he loves it. He came home in such a good mood as went straight into the garden to sunbathe. I don't get it. Its horrible.
My god, I’m the exact opposite, I love for the cold. Give me a winter freezimg walk anyday.
im currently in a cold bath, highly recommend, practically orgasmic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

WilmaHun

VIP Member
It's so humid here :( I went to bed super early last night with a stinking headache feeling rotten. Just got to work and my office is still showing as 32 degrees it's hideous :(

Someone I know owns a farm and some idiot thought it would be funny to set fire to their hay bales last night :( Fire service have confirmed arson, luckily they managed to put it out without it spreading too much but it's just awful :( how can people be so stupid

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

FoksiOska

VIP Member
I'm gutted. My firefighter partner, who's currently on leave, has just been called back to duty several days early to be deployed to support with some of the wildfires.
I haven't stopped crying since he left a while ago and I know I sound like such a selfish bitch right now because people are losing their homes and livelihoods. It's just... I already miss him like crazy and won't see him for a week now😢
(I blame the heat and pregnancy hormones! Ill be fine in the morning...)

• Heart
  • Sad

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Last night I went onto the balcony to get some cool air (I don't usually do this because there are flies and dangly spiders that gather around the lights). It was such a relief. Can't believe I never noticed the neighbour's glow in the dark gnomes before, though. That was a bit of a shock. 😂 🤣

• Haha

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I’ve got the windows shut, shades on the windows and the fan on. This is probably me right now.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Hahah yes I did. Sorry I always get confused between them. That would make it hotter than the surface of the sun 😂But it’s definitely hotter here than it is in Dubai currently, but then it’s late evening there.

• Haha