The Weather #2 Meteorology moaning 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel guilty sometimes for not being outside and enjoying the weather at all times! It was lovely earlier, I’ve sat in the shade outside most of the day, but had to come in at about 4ish because it was so uncomfortable 🥵

I don’t know about you, but closing the blinds and windows had made a massive difference in my house. Upstairs looks like a dark cave but it is definitely cool! There’s plenty of cool spots inside for my cats but they insist on lying in the sun or under the bush in the garden 🙄

Reactions: 5
My friend is from a hot country but says when it's hot here it's a different kind of hot and she finds it hard. I thought maybe she was referring to the lack of AC etc nope she thinks the sun is lower in the sky here. I'm not a scientist, is she right?

Reactions: 4
I’ve stayed in all day infront of the fan which has been comfortable but it’s starting to get very warm in here now, always does get warmer in the evenings in my flat. I won’t be going out in the hot weather, I don’t cope well in it. The sweat alone gets to me as I hate the feeling of it and then it makes my mood worse. I’m going to go out early tomorrow morning to get some bits from the local shop as it’s 24hr and then I’ll be in and doing nothing but watching crap tv 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve stayed in all day infront of the fan which has been comfortable but it’s starting to get very warm in here now, always does get warmer in the evenings in my flat. I won’t be going out in the hot weather, I don’t cope well in it. The sweat alone gets to me as I hate the feeling of it and then it makes my mood worse. I’m going to go out early tomorrow morning to get some bits from the local shop as it’s 24hr and then I’ll be in and doing nothing but watching crap tv 😂
Oh my lord I absolutely hate sweating. It’s horrible isn’t it

Reactions: 1
I don’t know about you, but closing the blinds and windows had made a massive difference in my house. Upstairs looks like a dark cave but it is definitely cool!
All my windows are closed and curtains drawn and my house feels quite cool. It’s a bit weird being sat here with a light on, but I don’t care if it keeps it cooler 😂 I’m always shocked by how many people have windows wide open when it’s hot outside. Surely it’s common sense that if it’s say 20 degrees in your house and 30 degrees outside, all you’re going to do opening your windows is bring that warmer air inside?

Reactions: 7
My friend is from a hot country but says when it's hot here it's a different kind of hot and she finds it hard. I thought maybe she was referring to the lack of AC etc nope she thinks the sun is lower in the sky here. I'm not a scientist, is she right?
I don't know, but I'm from Australia and I found London to be so uncomfortably hot. It's so humid, there's no breeze, and millions more people. I never want to go on the tube in summer ever again in my life.

Reactions: 5
I don’t understand how schools can be open Monday when red weather warning advises people not to drive in the afternoon!

Reactions: 8
I don't know, but I'm from Australia and I found London to be so uncomfortably hot. It's so humid, there's no breeze, and millions more people. I never want to go on the tube in summer ever again in my life.
The tube is a different type of heat, even when its not hot. Interesting that my friend says the same and she's used to 30 plus in July. Must be something to this.

The tube is a different type of heat, even when its not hot. Interesting that my friend says the same and she's used to 30 plus in July. Must be something to this.
Even in southern italy they are not used to 40 degree heat but at least their buildings are designed to be cooler in the summer.

Reactions: 1
My sons school have finally cancelled sports day for Tuesday. I was hoping they would otherwise I would have kept him off.
I’m going to put his water bottle in the freezer (half full) at night then top it up the next day, so he’ll have colder water for maybe an hour max 😂

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand how schools can be open Monday when red weather warning advises people not to drive in the afternoon!
My kids classroom has air con, my house does not. I’m happy for him to go tbh. Mind you it’s a 5 min walk for us not a drive 😊

Reactions: 6
Our school has texted to say they will authorise absence if a student would not be able to cope with the extreme temperatures. Basically a get out of jail free card for if we want to keep our kids off.

Reactions: 6
Our school has texted to say they will authorise absence if a student would not be able to cope with the extreme temperatures. Basically a get out of jail free card for if we want to keep our kids off.
That sounds like a sensible approach to me to give individuals the choice.

Hmm. I’m in the office Monday. I’m gonna log in tomorrow to see if they have advised to stay home fingers crossed!! My car a/c is broke!

I wonder if it's because UK is quite densely packed together as well?
Our infrastructure and buildings are really geared towards insulation too

I live in a flat and we're absolutely ROASTING already 😓
I'm trying to write down all my revision notes for this professional qual. I'm trying to get (and have paid for!) and I think my brain has melted, I'm forgetting everything. One of my kids school's has said to not worry about uniform, which is new 😬

Keep trying to think of being qualified and getting a deposit for a house so I can piss off up North!

Reactions: 3
My anxiety about the heat is currently heading towards prep mode. Ann Russell has been sharing some good tips on TikTok such as putting sheets in the fridge (not freezer especially if you're doing it for baby/toddlers bedding) or putting towels against windows to absorb the sun. Our utility room has a glass door that gets the sun all day and can get really hot. Never felt like an issue until now but I'm popping a towel over the glass, with plans to fit a small curtain by next summer. I strongly believe that these days of extreme heat are merely previews for when this happens for weeks at a time 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 9
We'll all be moaning in a few weeks about how cold and rainy it is!! God bless the weather!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.