The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m desperate for a holiday, two of our UK breaks were cancelled during lockdown, but there’s no way I’d take my kids on an aeroplane yet. It’s not worth the risk.

A friend of mine was due to go to Spain on Wednesday, his holiday has been cancelled and a full refund all ready issued, so I’m sure Tom will get his money back.

They can just go and then quarantine when they get back.. but he wouldn’t want to quarantine because he hasn’t followed any of the guidelines so far and obv Kai is such a special snowflake that the rules wouldn’t apply to them
I was thinking this. Kai off school anyway, hubby works in a school so I’m assuming he’s off, and Tom’s been working from home so what’s another two weeks? A bit of a pain yes, but a better situation than some are in.

Reactions: 1
I’m desperate for a holiday, two of our UK breaks were cancelled during lockdown, but there’s no way I’d take my kids on an aeroplane yet. It’s not worth the risk.

A friend of mine was due to go to Spain on Wednesday, his holiday has been cancelled and a full refund all ready issued, so I’m sure Tom will get his money back.

I was thinking this. Kai off school anyway, hubby works in a school so I’m assuming he’s off, and Tom’s been working from home so what’s another two weeks? A bit of a pain yes, but a better situation than some are in.
Agreed. I was meant to visit my home country in March but obviously got cancelled. Haven’t seen my mother since October last year but that’s life isn’t it? It’s tit, yeah, but I just don’t see how it’s worth the risk yet. I honestly liked Tom before all this but COVID has made me really dislike him lol.

You NEED this holiday do you?!

I mean poor you having to work from the comfort of your own home, with a husband cooking all your meals and sending your child back to school....I mean it sounds positively ghastly....

duck off!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am so glad someone else has posted this. I thought I was going mad as hubby was saying how he was a good follow (turns out he’s actually unfollowed him since as he was getting on his nerves!) Seriously all they seem to do is shop, like now going round everywhere for a bike, and then saying ‘oh well’ it’ll have to be marketplace, like having a secondhand bike is an awful thing to have to endure.

I am so glad someone else has posted this. I thought I was going mad as hubby was saying how he was a good follow (turns out he’s actually unfollowed him since as he was getting on his nerves!) Seriously all they seem to do is shop, like now going round everywhere for a bike, and then saying ‘oh well’ it’ll have to be marketplace, like having a secondhand bike is an awful thing to have to endure.
Think I’m being a bit harsh as realise watching back he didn’t actually say anything negative about getting the bike from market place.

It’s not hard to see where Kai gets being a spoilt brat from is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s not hard to see where Kai gets being a spoilt brat from is it?
Definitely, I’ve always thought Tom has an attitude too, he’s very entitled and also seems to think the world owes him something at times. I think he gets that from being with Danny though, having him pander to his every need... 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
Definitely, I’ve always thought Tom has an attitude too, he’s very entitled and also seems to think the world owes him something at times. I think he gets that from being with Danny though, having him pander to his every need... 🙄🙄
He just seems a bit whiny. Especially with all this holiday stuff. And then yesterday when the neighbour took Kai for a walk and he acted as if it was the only reprieve he’s had...

He just seems a bit whiny. Especially with all this holiday stuff. And then yesterday when the neighbour took Kai for a walk and he acted as if it was the only reprieve he’s had...
You want to read some of the stuff he puts on Twitter, I feel like he’s not on the same wave length as most people right now.

Reactions: 3
You want to read some of the stuff he puts on Twitter, I feel like he’s not on the same wave length as most people right now.
I’m off for a look. I defo get the impression he’s thinks COVID is no big deal... I think he’s scared to say that outright on insta in case he lost his freebies

I think he feels like he’s had Kai a lot over the lockdown....I mean he went to school, I’ve been home with my kids since 16th March, the ONLY time I’m not with them is when I go food shopping or when I go to work once a week, that’s it, no time to myself in nearly 5 months....

I think he feels like he’s had Kai a lot over the lockdown....I mean he went to school, I’ve been home with my kids since 16th March, the ONLY time I’m not with them is when I go food shopping or when I go to work once a week, that’s it, no time to myself in nearly 5 months....
Yes this! And they throw the iPad at Kai so much... I can’t help but feel Kai was a bit of an accessory and then the reality of having a young kid is hitting. I mean, omg it’s tough I’ve got two boys under 5 and it’s full on, and I understand it must be a bit of an adjustment if you’re not used to it, but, come on!

Scuttles off to Twitter to have a look

Yes this! And they throw the iPad at Kai so much... I can’t help but feel Kai was a bit of an accessory and then the reality of having a young kid is hitting. I mean, omg it’s tough I’ve got two boys under 5 and it’s full on, and I understand it must be a bit of an adjustment if you’re not used to it, but, come on!
Exactly, I’m at home alone with 3 kids 5 and under everyday, then I go out to work three evenings a week. I love them but I’m at the end of my tether.

They’ve got 1 child at home between 2 adults!?

I’m off for a look. I defo get the impression he’s thinks COVID is no big deal... I think he’s scared to say that outright on insta in case he lost his freebies
Tweets are private... reckon Tom is a tattle lurker?

Yeah definitely. He quite often retweets posts about covid not being a huge deal, he just refuses to accept that it’s as big as a problem as it is because it hasn’t affected his family directly. He is very much a person that worries about himself and his own, but nothing else.

Yeah definitely. He quite often retweets posts about covid not being a huge deal, he just refuses to accept that it’s as big as a problem as it is because it hasn’t affected his family directly. He is very much a person that worries about himself and his own, but nothing else.
do you follow him on Twitter? Sounds like his account there is private (unlike him to keep anything private)

Scuttles off to Twitter to have a look
I agree, Tom has said before that it took him a long time to even want children. I don’t think he realised how much hard work it would be. I think he thought he could have a similar relationship with him that he does with his nephews, playing the friend rather than the father, but has now realised that he has dug himself a hole as Kai is rather hard work.

do you follow him on Twitter? Sounds like his account there is private (unlike him to keep anything private)
Yeah I follow him, i started following him ages back, only just realised his account is now private.

I saw he’d retweeted some stuff from the pretty shady professor Karol Sikora- which is all well and good, but when you’ve got a platform and flaunt safety guidelines and spread misinformation it’s dangerous!

This is recent, it was an open account yestersay

I agree, Tom has said before that it took him a long time to even want children. I don’t think he realised how much hard work it would be. I think he thought he could have a similar relationship with him that he does with his nephews, playing the friend rather than the father, but has now realised that he has dug himself a hole as Kai is rather hard work.

Yeah I follow him, i started following him ages back, only just realised his account is now private.
Kai is like a living doll- I mean some of his outfits are gorgeous, but I would love to see him in old second hand baggy trousers and T-shirt’s covered in mud....

I think they adopted because it was the ‘next thing to do’. It would be much better if people would just accept / make peace with the fact not everyone should be a parent

Reactions: 2
This is recent, it was an open account yestersay
interesting! Clearly he is reading here then! Tom - you’re doing that child a disservice with your disney dad approach. He needs less pandering and spoiling and more discipline and boundaries. And quite frankly so do you. It won’t be ‘cute’ when he’s older, he’ll be the kid other parents don’t let their children be friends with. Nip it in the bud now and you’ll all have a much happier life

Reactions: 3
He did a post the other day about brummymummy and he did mention this site, he said he knows what is said on here, but he chooses to ignore it.