The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another post about how he can’t wait for the break of Kai going back to school.... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Another post about how he can’t wait for the break of Kai going back to school.... 🙄
Can’t say I’d blame him though, Kai seems to be very hard work, not just in a hyper way, but also with how he has to have his own way or he gets very angry, but I get what you mean.

tom’s latest blog post is rather eye opening, he kind of says in there that he’s often let Kai have his own way because he wanted him to love him and accept him, he also mentions about pandering to him and giving in.

I am curious about what Kai might have been diagnosed with though.
Nothing up to now according to his recent tweets. They’ve said he’s developmentally delayed and that they were going to test for ADHD before covid happened. Not sure if he still does now, but kai used to have a lot of sugary snacks, so if they really do think he has adhd, I’d be surprised if they haven’t told them to stop those first.

Can’t say I’d blame him though, Kai seems to be very hard work, not just in a hyper way, but also with how he has to have his own way or he gets very angry, but I get what you mean.

tom’s latest blog post is rather eye opening, he kind of says in there that he’s often let Kai have his own way because he wanted him to love him and accept him, he also mentions about pandering to him and giving in.
He had a lot of breaks from him tho....I’ve solidly had my children (apart from when I’ve been to the shop!) for 6 months...have they driven me mad....yes obviously but I don’t keep saying it, he’s been in a pretty privileged position, working from home?m, his husband being home (mine has worked throughout so I’ve been on my own!) Kai went back to school, Kai has had play dates/sleepovers/a holiday mine have had none! I think he needs to remember that he has been in a very good position throughout this and there are a lot of others who have really struggled!

Reactions: 4
He’s had so much help from people, even when he shouldn’t have due to guidelines, Kai does look hard work, but, perhaps a bit of perspective, I have two boys, it was my choice to have them, and they are hard work, I am going to miss them terribly when they go back to school. They’ve had one sleepover since it’s been allowed so that I and hubby could work, and we were pleased to get them back. There’s a sense that he finds being a dad hard, as soon as Kai needs something other than snacks..... 🤷🏼‍♀️ Perhaps he just isn’t giving a very balanced view on his SM and therefore it seems like he wants to palm him off....

Nothing up to now according to his recent tweets. They’ve said he’s developmentally delayed and that they were going to test for ADHD before covid happened. Not sure if he still does now, but kai used to have a lot of sugary snacks, so if they really do think he has adhd, I’d be surprised if they haven’t told them to stop those first.
Probably too many tantrums if they suggest he doesn’t have them.... he was giving him sweets for breakfast the other day.... it’s like Tom has no ability to see the long term goals, he’ll give Kai snacks and sweets as a short term fix, then complain later that’s he being hard work...

He had a lot of breaks from him tho....I’ve solidly had my children (apart from when I’ve been to the shop!) for 6 months...have they driven me mad....yes obviously but I don’t keep saying it, he’s been in a pretty privileged position, working from home?m, his husband being home (mine has worked throughout so I’ve been on my own!) Kai went back to school, Kai has had play dates/sleepovers/a holiday mine have had none! I think he needs to remember that he has been in a very good position throughout this and there are a lot of others who have really struggled!
Yeah I wasn’t agreeing with him, i said that before...I was just making a comment on how I don’t think I could cope with Kai either...

He’s had so much help from people, even when he shouldn’t have due to guidelines, Kai does look hard work, but, perhaps a bit of perspective, I have two boys, it was my choice to have them, and they are hard work, I am going to miss them terribly when they go back to school. They’ve had one sleepover since it’s been allowed so that I and hubby could work, and we were pleased to get them back. There’s a sense that he finds being a dad hard, as soon as Kai needs something other than snacks..... 🤷🏼‍♀️ Perhaps he just isn’t giving a very balanced view on his SM and therefore it seems like he wants to palm him off....

Probably too many tantrums if they suggest he doesn’t have them.... he was giving him sweets for breakfast the other day.... it’s like Tom has no ability to see the long term goals, he’ll give Kai snacks and sweets as a short term fix, then complain later that’s he being hard work...
Wow, wow guys, hold on a minute, my comment about “I couldn’t cope with Kai either was more of a joke or a sarcastic comment, I wasn’t defending Tom, it was his choice to have Kai, I’m aware he’s had loads of breaks! I think my comment was seriously misunderstood here! I literally just meant if my child was that bratty I’d want a permanent break as well!

agree with the snacks things, I remember that post when Kai wanted a lollypop for breakfast and Tom said no, but let him hold the lolly, to which Kai just ate it anyway... he struggles to say no to him and then when he has to say no Kai erupts because hes not used to being told no.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yeah I wasn’t agreeing with him, i said that before...I was just making a comment on how I don’t think I could cope with Kai either...

Wow, wow guys, hold on a minute, my comment about “I couldn’t cope with Kai either was more of a joke or a sarcastic comment, I wasn’t defending Tom, it was his choice to have Kai, I’m aware he’s had loads of breaks! I think my comment was seriously misunderstood here! I literally just meant if my child was that bratty I’d want a permanent break as well!

agree with the snacks things, I remember that post when Kai wanted a lollypop for breakfast and Tom said no, but let him hold the lolly, to which Kai just ate it anyway... he struggles to say no to him and then when he has to say no Kai erupts because hes not used to being told no.
Ah I missed the sarcasm, it’s too early in the morning and I’m off caffeine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
And yet they talk about adopting another child. Would be a disaster! But then Kai is going to be even more spoilt as an only child

And yet they talk about adopting another child. Would be a disaster! But then Kai is going to be even more spoilt as an only child
Yeah I agree! You can see in his latest blog post that now Kai is getting bigger he is starting to realise that some of their decisions, especially with his behaviour, probably weren’t the best. I think now Kai is getting bigger and stronger, they’re probably finding him harder to manage, he hits harder, shouts louder. Most parents now at 6 are starting to see the light as toddler tantrums and anger fades, but with them its getting worse.

Did anyone watch Unlikely chat with his husband? I actually felt a bit sorry for Tom, he was like an came across as real and heartfelt, but I didn’t feel like his hubby had the same love towards him.

Did anyone watch Unlikely chat with his husband? I actually felt a bit sorry for Tom, he was like an came across as real and heartfelt, but I didn’t feel like his hubby had the same love towards him.
Ooo no, might have to have a look at that later... they seem quite an odd pairing tbh. But obviously you don’t see the full picture with this stuff.
Yeah I agree! You can see in his latest blog post that now Kai is getting bigger he is starting to realise that some of their decisions, especially with his behaviour, probably weren’t the best. I think now Kai is getting bigger and stronger, they’re probably finding him harder to manage, he hits harder, shouts louder. Most parents now at 6 are starting to see the light as toddler tantrums and anger fades, but with them its getting worse.
I wonder how aware Kai is of all the SM stuff as well... and if he knows if he plays up he’ll get his way as Tom wants him
Happy for the content

Ooo no, might have to have a look at that later... they seem quite an odd pairing tbh. But obviously you don’t see the full picture with this stuff.
I wonder how aware Kai is of all the SM stuff as well... and if he knows if he plays up he’ll get his way as Tom wants him
Happy for the content
I think Kai is quite delayed for his age, so I don’t think he actually knows or understands any of the social media stuff really, he seems more aged 4 than 6, which is something Tom said too. Although I don’t doubt he does know how to play up to get what he wants, even very young children are capable of that and it does come across that way, he definitely has them wrapped around his little finger!

I just tried to watch it but it felt so forced and uncomfortable, and so many cuts in it it just didn’t flow at all?

I felt a bit sorry for Danny actually - Tom was talking over him so much I found it really frustrating.