The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He doesn’t seem to have much to say about his Susie’s tweets, he was a follower and am certain had commented in her posts.

Yeah I don’t get why they have him in the shops all the time, fair enough if you’re a single parent, struggle with childcare ect, but they are none of those, they just aren’t bothered so they take him.

I really want to know why he’s hidden the message on the award, genuine question?

also, why does he always have to get him a treat for everything? He was talking originally about getting him a magazine and a treat for his first day back, not sure if he did, but obviously he has now. Can he not just allow Kai to have self satisfaction? Why does going to school or getting an award have to equate to a treat? The award itself should be enough of a reward for good behaviour.

Reactions: 1
1 thing that bugs me is when parents let their kids open presents that aren’t for them, you know you always get that one kid at a party who has to try and ‘help’ open the birthday child’s presents....teach your kids that they aren’t for them!!

Don’t use age as an excuse either my son is the same age as Kai and has been taught from a young age that his brothers presents are not for him to open!!

Reactions: 5
1 thing that bugs me is when parents let their kids open presents that aren’t for them, you know you always get that one kid at a party who has to try and ‘help’ open the birthday child’s presents....teach your kids that they aren’t for them!!

Don’t use age as an excuse either my son is the same age as Kai and has been taught from a young age that his brothers presents are not for him to open!!
This is one thing that always annoys me, I’m so glad someone else said it. People need to teach their children that life isn’t all about them and teach them not to be selfish. They even allow him to open his grandparents presents too, there was an insta clip of him once practically snatching his grandad’s present from his hands. He’s going to be very selfish when he grows up from everything I’ve seen.

Reactions: 2
TUD lives in Reading where 3 gay men were killed in a terrorist attack last weekend. There was a vigil tonight where residents were urged to light a candle and share with #ReadingTogether but obviously he’d rather chat shite about what he’s bought and how he doesn’t like McDonald’s. He’s so far up his own ass it’s a wonder he needs a husband

Reactions: 4
That makes sense. I just wish he wouldn’t over share so much. Considering most people I know of who have adopted children don’t even post pics of their face on social media, but he’s sharing so much personal info!
I asked this once in one of his Q&A things, and he replied saying it was something that they knew for sure wasn’t an issue, it wasn’t something they needed to worry about.

By no means am I a fan but I do genuinely believe some adopted children cannot legally be allowed on social media (forgive my reference point but Carly from Teen Mom). I doubt he has such restrictions.

I've always found him and his husband an odd coupling.
That’s different though, the adopted parents have decided they don’t want her shown, Cate and Tyler don’t have parental responsibility anymore so it’s not up to them.

Tom (unlikelydad) and his husband are the adopted parents, so they parental responsibility and make the descions.

I don’t see how he could possibly know it’s not a risk for Kais birth parents to know where he is? Unless they’re both dead / in prison? In which case they could still have family members who might be even more likely to want to find Kai!

I don’t see how he could possibly know it’s not a risk for Kais birth parents to know where he is? Unless they’re both dead / in prison? In which case they could still have family members who might be even more likely to want to find Kai!
He was very young, so chances are they wouldn’t recognise him now, and wouldn’t know who had adopted him or know where he was. I’m sure they’ll have weighed up the risk, and if they think It’s safe then... 🤷‍♀️

He was very young, so chances are they wouldn’t recognise him now, and wouldn’t know who had adopted him or know where he was. I’m sure they’ll have weighed up the risk, and if they think It’s safe then... 🤷‍♀️
The same could be said for thousands of adopted kids and you don’t see their parents pimping them out all over social media do you?

TUD lives in Reading where 3 gay men were killed in a terrorist attack last weekend. There was a vigil tonight where residents were urged to light a candle and share with #ReadingTogether but obviously he’d rather chat shite about what he’s bought and how he doesn’t like McDonald’s. He’s so far up his own ass it’s a wonder he needs a husband
I agree, he is very up himself and always seems to have an attitude about him, as though him and his own are more important than anything or anyone else.

Like with them flouting lock down rules, it doesn’t matter to him as long as they’re safe and happy. Same as he doesn’t mind Kai being unruly and disruptive in public places, he just thinks other people should put up with it.

Each to their own if he doesn’t like McDonald’s, but there’s no need to go on about it like a snob, not everyone can afford 5 Guys and, shock horror, some people like McDonald’s. He needs to open his eyes and realise that there are more important things going on in the world.

Reactions: 2
This sums him up for me, he whinged earlier in the day that today was his last day alone until September and then posted this as well. How can you be *that* out of touch with what’s going on in the world. He infuriates me.
Then let’s his kid on the play equipment, I mean I know it’s only a day early but you know follow the bloody rules! Mine are desperate to go to the play park x

Then let’s his kid on the play equipment, I mean I know it’s only a day early but you know follow the bloody rules! Mine are desperate to go to the play park x
Didn't you hear? Rules don’t apply to Kai hun 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do usually like following him..... but he went to town today, expecting it to be business as normal!? Shopping and brunch? Has he had his head in the sand?! Oh my 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I remember right at the beginning he said he might let Kai into the play park anyway and they’d see how he gets on without it. Obviously Kai is an exception to the rules...You always get the one parent in each class who thinks their child is the most important and that the rules can be adapted for them, that is definitely him!🙄🙄

Or you just get him out of the house, because you know, your the parent and he’s the child.
Completely agree! It’s always the same, constant bribes to get him to do this and that, maybe just tell him what he has to do because you’re the parent and you should be in control!

When Kai is older he’s going to be a complete nightmare because they’ve just let him walk all over them. Completely over indulgent parenting. I like treating my daughter and she is a very lucky little girl but still put my foot down because I don’t want her to grow up to be a little shitbag - and she’s only 2! I wouldn’t put up with that kind of behaviour from her never mind a child Kai’s age.

When Kai is older he’s going to be a complete nightmare because they’ve just let him walk all over them. Completely over indulgent parenting. I like treating my daughter and she is a very lucky little girl but still put my foot down because I don’t want her to grow up to be a little shitbag - and she’s only 2! I wouldn’t put up with that kind of behaviour from her never mind a child Kai’s age.
Totally agree, nothing wrong with wanting your children to have treats every now and then, but they have to earn it. If they behaved like he does then the treats would be taken back and stopped until he learnt respect and manners.
like with the football thing, he said he had to stop Kai from playing football because he got angry when the ball didn’t do what he wants and he’s said before he has hit them, what’s it gong to be like when he’s bigger and stronger?
i do genuinely feel sorry for Kai, he is going to be very unhappy with unhappy relationships when he grows up if this isn’t sorted.