The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Post today about Kai going back to school next week, after 6months!? Kai went back to school before summer, it has not been 6 months for them.....

Reactions: 3
He’s so deluded! He’s not even followed the government guidelines for months yet makes out they’re all so hard done by. We’ve had to sheild as a family since March. We have been fortunate enough to have our food shop delivered each week so we haven’t been into a shop since before lockdown, we’ve briefly seen family and friends at a distance ( 5-6 metres plus) outside, no park visits and no visiting garden centres and pawing every item available. I have literally been with my 2 young children 24/7 since the start of lockdown. I’m not complaining as I’m so grateful that touch wood we’re all healthy, and what an experience and privilege to have been able to spend all this time together as a family. Yes there’s been times it’s been tough but we’ve got through it as a family - and with limited screen time believe it or not! One of my children hasn’t seen another child his age since March. We spend hours cleaning every single item of food in the garden each week before we bring it into the house, I’ve had panic attacks and nightmares about all this. Tom has got no idea what some of us have been through that have had to sheild and that have actually followed the guidelines. It’s selfish turnips like him that have prolonged all this by not following guidelines from the start, he seems to think he’s above everyone else and will unfortunately probably bring his child up to think the same.

Reactions: 2
This man is just completely delusional. He has no idea about the real world, he’s talking about Kai being finally back to school when he WAS back for a long time before the summer holidays. Also Kai’s ‘summer holiday diary’ is the most depressing thing I’ve seen, it’s just a list of things they spent money on...
Kitchen (that Tom whinged about being fitted)
Holiday (that Tom whinged about being changed)
Bike (that Tom whinged about not being able to get hold of).

Does he seriously not know what so many families have gone through in the last 6 months? Redundancy? Losing loved ones? Budgeting down to the last penny to make sure kids have 3 meals a day? The majority of people have had their children home since March 20th, I don’t think the 6 or 7 weeks he’s had to endure with another adult around the whole time is really anything to complain about.

Reactions: 9
This man is just completely delusional. He has no idea about the real world, he’s talking about Kai being finally back to school when he WAS back for a long time before the summer holidays. Also Kai’s ‘summer holiday diary’ is the most depressing thing I’ve seen, it’s just a list of things they spent money on...
Kitchen (that Tom whinged about being fitted)
Holiday (that Tom whinged about being changed)
Bike (that Tom whinged about not being able to get hold of).

Does he seriously not know what so many families have gone through in the last 6 months? Redundancy? Losing loved ones? Budgeting down to the last penny to make sure kids have 3 meals a day? The majority of people have had their children home since March 20th, I don’t think the 6 or 7 weeks he’s had to endure with another adult around the whole time is really anything to complain about.
Yeah he is, kai wasn’t off that long before he went back, yes it wasn’t full time and yes it wasn’t the same as normal school, but he still went back.
I agree about the holiday diary too, full of material stuff, including a bike that he seems to have only used once...

Reactions: 1
Yeah he is, kai wasn’t off that long before he went back, yes it wasn’t full time and yes it wasn’t the same as normal school, but he still went back.
I agree about the holiday diary too, full of material stuff, including a bike that he seems to have only used once...
I actually lol’d at the stories earlier, he’s so deluded. And has no self awareness.

I can’t cope with the haircut. Please for the love of god, accept the receding hairline. It looks ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
I’ve actually never known someone go on so much about how they hate shouting/moaning at their kids... Tom, it’s a part of life, all children get shouted at (unless they’re mega brats), all children need boundaries and all children need to be said no to. We can’t always be there for their every whim and demand, sometimes when they ask you to play or they ask you for something, it’s okay to say no...

Who is he trying to kid though? He wasn’t being “the instructional dad” when his son was touching every item in every shop he visited weeks ago when we were being told to only touch what you intend to buy, or when he was meeting family well before we were supposed to and Kai was holding hands with them. He shared an account earlier and mentioned something about mental health and all I could think about was the cheek of the man to even mention mental health when it’s the likes oh him and his selfish actions that are prolonging this virus and causing countless numbers of people to suffer for longer with mental heath - the ones of us that have been actually following the guidance.

It’s been something I’ve talked about with my (whispers) therapist- it’s so hard to know if you’re the person who’s being paranoid and over cautious when you see and hear about others who don’t seem to apply the same rules. I have had to step back from a few people I used to follow because it was making me feel more and more stressed out. Whilst I’m here- again on about how well Kai has adjusted blah blah blah.... as if he’s not been in school at all since it started. And does the man not know about social distancing (reference to the story photo of him having coffee with a friend(?) head to head cuddled up for a selfie...

Oh and the bloody karaoke posts 😖

Who is he trying to kid though? He wasn’t being “the instructional dad” when his son was touching every item in every shop he visited weeks ago when we were being told to only touch what you intend to buy, or when he was meeting family well before we were supposed to and Kai was holding hands with them. He shared an account earlier and mentioned something about mental health and all I could think about was the cheek of the man to even mention mental health when it’s the likes oh him and his selfish actions that are prolonging this virus and causing countless numbers of people to suffer for longer with mental heath - the ones of us that have been actually following the guidance.
Yeah exactly! Not to mention that post on his insta with his friend in his house when we weren’t actually allowed other people in our homes...
Anyone can see from kai’s behaviour that boundaries are rarely set and that he pretty much never hears the word “no”. Tom must say no once a month and then feel “guilt” over it... 🙄🙄

Dropped his ipad and it’s smashed, so he’s getting a new one straight away... I get that it was an accident, but what lesson does that teach children? That if they break something they will get a new one straight away? Personally I’d make him wait until Christmas, although to be fair I wouldn’t pay out for an iPad for a child anyway.

Dropped his ipad and it’s smashed, so he’s getting a new one straight away... I get that it was an accident, but what lesson does that teach children? That if they break something they will get a new one straight away? Personally I’d make him wait until Christmas, although to be fair I wouldn’t pay out for an iPad for a child anyway.
I just think he wants to be gifted one....he didn’t actually need to tell anyone he broke it did he?!

Reactions: 3
My son has an iPad. But it has a screen protector and a child friendly case on it. Because kids drop things, it can’t be a surprise to him that it’s broken. He’s so out of touch with reality, didn’t think to replace the screen. Just jumped straight to a £400 replacement 🙄

My son has an iPad. But it has a screen protector and a child friendly case on it. Because kids drop things, it can’t be a surprise to him that it’s broken. He’s so out of touch with reality, didn’t think to replace the screen. Just jumped straight to a £400 replacement 🙄
And then dismissed that option anyway because a new shiny one is obviously much more tempting.... “he does lots of learning on it” you could get a lot of workbooks for the cost of an ipad... just saying

I just think he wants to be gifted one....he didn’t actually need to tell anyone he broke it did he?!
Possibly, although I’m sure he would still buy Kai a new one anyway, it’s an electronic babysitter.

And then dismissed that option anyway because a new shiny one is obviously much more tempting.... “he does lots of learning on it” you could get a lot of workbooks for the cost of an ipad... just saying
Exactly, for a child that apparently is undergoing tests for ADHD, how does him being glued to screens help that when screen time has been proven to shorten attention span? Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they can’t be useful and I’m not trying to judge too much, but we are a generation that is far too reliant on screens to do the hard work for us. As you say, yeah they can be educational, but so are workbooks and other educational resources.

It’s just crazy, I just think sometimes he likes to show off his disposable income, he is very materialistic.