The Tim Tracker #58 Mirror Mirror on the wall Jenn’s the one we like least of all!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t comment on the overpacking…since I’m a chronic overpacker myself 😂

But I do have a question. Is NOT wearing shoes inside atypical? Like. We take out shoes off at the door and put on house shoes or are barefoot, whatever. But we don’t wear shoes inside. I thought that was pretty usual behavior, but I question it when I see Timmy aghast at having to take off his shoes inside.
I’m still at least 6 pages behind…but we take our shoes off at the door whether it’s home, someone else’s home or even the hotel room we’re in now.

I grew up camping each summer weekend from 6 weeks old to when I was 21. I don’t remember ever getting takeout for meals. We cooked in the camper or on the fire. And then maybe ice cream or candy from the camp store. On rare occasions we’d go in town to one of the local restaurants, but it was a mom & pop kind of place that made real food…not limited to fried food.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I’m still at least 6 pages behind…but we take our shoes off at the door whether it’s home, someone else’s home or even the hotel room we’re in now.

I grew up camping each summer weekend from 6 weeks old to when I was 21. I don’t remember ever getting takeout for meals. We cooked in the camper or on the fire. And then maybe ice cream or candy from the camp store. On rare occasions we’d go in town to one of the local restaurants, but it was a mom & pop kind of place that made real food…not limited to fried food.
I also take my shoes off whenever I enter a house or hotel etc, to me it would be rude to go into someone else's home an expect they would be OK with me having shoes on that could be dirty, most homes I go in have cream carpets, I'd be mortified if I left a muddy footprint on a cream carpet

Also we were the same with never getting takeout when on holiday unless it was a hotel that actually supplied the meals but that was rare an I was much older when it come to going to hotels for a holiday, I grew up going to a caravan site an we always stopped by the local grocery store to pick up things for meals, I always remember getting impatient at waiting for dinner an having it because I wanted into the entertainment complex lol

Those two are honestly not going give their son any good homey memories, he will never grow up with memories of sitting round camp fires cooking meals, or going to a different store to pick up food to cook where ever they are with his parents, all he's going remember is being dragged round different places an ordering the same bland food all the time, my dad's a head chef so it was him that got me into cooking from age 2, I have tons of memories of us making a giant mess with flour or pastry etc because he gave me those an now I can cook amazing meals from scratch thanks to him, J will never have that, what he will have is being plonked beside one of them to "cook" for the 5 mins they need to record him "helping out" then thrown to the side so they can order take out

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.