Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Edit: sorry this one got long. So tldr: they addressed the wrong problem (Jackson their perceived problem not the channel issues/Jenn) and they got a nanny for selfish reasons, even if it’s better for Jackson in the long run.

Finally getting around to the nanny situation. I’m coming at this from the perspective of someone that was a nanny in my early 20s, a stay-at-home-mom-by-choice that also has income independent of my husband.

I totally understand not wanting to have your young unvaxed kid in daycare. I don’t. I kept my now kindergartner home from preschool and homeschooled. We also were a part of a group/covid bubble that got together for kid socializing so I never felt like she missed out on anything. We made the decision to have her attend school after they took as many precautions as possible and have had their students and staff’s a safety in mind. With that said, you can’t blame covid if you drag him around everywhere, go on trips and cruises and don’t let him play with children.

As a former nanny, I have nothing against families that choose that route. I was more a house manager, personal assistant, chauffeur, play mate, friend. I made sure there was balance between free play and activities. They paid me accordingly. Bottom line my job was to take some of the burden of running a house for 2 very successful people and create time for them as parents. They loved their kids and were wonderful and available to their kids as a result. Time with their children was number one and the whole reason for hiring me, so they could focus on their important jobs and their family. I have friends currently that have nannies. Again, it’s to open time for work and family. None ever blamed their children for their work/life balance struggles or for dropping the ball many working parents struggle to juggle. They created systems or if they had the means, they hired someone to help occasionally (maid, nanny/babysitter, etc)
I’m not seeing this as the same at all. It seems like they created time for themselves to be a child less couple considering their “job” is on a schedule they create. I’m happy that Jackson will have someone qualified to take care of him and guiding him but that’s not a substitute for parents that keep their child as priority in decision making. There was no need for Jenn to have to go with. Their channel reached its height because of Tim’s personality and his park vlogs and she was only occasionally in the videos. She was a side character. Best in small doses. Her need for attention and to escape domestic life is why she is always there now.

I get being a mom and working from home is hard. I do both. And it can feel claustrophobic and frustrating. You’re raising people that have their own minds. But I get my kids out on daily excursions, walks around the neighborhood, the park, the zoo (I’ve taken my own 3 plus other kids for friends and family on my own. I couldn’t imagine a nanny for that). They have been in activities. Tinkergarten and mom groups are lifesavers. I carved out time for myself and whatever else I need. My husband travels a lot. I manage. Not everyone is equipped to do that, fine.

But it is crazy to see 2 people flounder so much with one child and need help in the most flexible, create your own hours self employed job ever that they need help. AND THEN, the have the gall to say they want another child! Learn how to plan and schedule your life and handle the variables in your life you currently have before you add another huge variable. The next child might not be as easy going and naturally good natured as Jackson. They could get a “high spirited” child. They could get a child that needs a lot of social/emotional love. Or a child that needs lots of stimulation because they are insatiably curious. How will they accommodate that? Pass that kid off to the nanny as well?

They really need to sit back and evaluate how their “profession” fits in with family life. Don’t add a kid until you can figure out how to create a life plan, not a list of life wants that you flit from one excess to the next, depending on a nanny to provide stability. The people that pass their kids off to nannies to have them be raised are the same people that wonder why their kids love their real caretaker more than them and don’t have a good relationship with their kids when older. I can’t see this working out for them. They focused on fixing their “Jackson problem” rather than their “channel/Jenn problem”. Until they see the real root cause, it won’t go well for them.
I couldn't have put this better 👏👏👏

Reactions: 3
Finally caught up on live show, aulani q and a, and DimyGiny/Nanny zoo collab video. It took me longer to catch up on this thread. That is all.

Dillon21

VIP Member
If I had that same situation today I would never buy in at these prices. I could save money by staying in those mods and the newer Universal resorts.
I was tempted to stay at one of the Universal resorts in 2018. We opted to stay at a Hilton Hampton Inn near Universal. What did you like about the Universal ones I might have missed out on? Besides being on location?

CoolWhip

VIP Member
That’s what we have. We also have a mobile as well. We don’t vlog, just hate shakey video. I edit together our photos and videos every year. Image stabilization isn’t for correcting wild camera movements. Especially when Jenn has the camera. But he thinks he looks more professional with a bigger camera.
we have one too. My husband has a YouTube channel, ultra nerdy niche shit but I love the camera.

Hangininthere

So to be clear, the item they're giving away is a t-shirt that they bought the wrong size for Tim on? or Jenn?

That's not a give away in my book. That's finding a dumping ground for their garbage while attempting to make it look like they're so generous to their stans.

And as a giveaway they'll now be able to justify that $1000 in merchandise expenses they'll be adding to their write-offs in the 2021 tax year.
That checks out. (y)
Yeppers, there's always a silver lining.

Evil David Letterman

My oldest and I did Epcot today. We saw so many people with their gimbals and fuzzy mikes but didn’t know any of them except we did see Jackie, Nate and Tom Corless. unbelievable to me the people that waited for hours and hours for a plastic popcorn bucket. When we got home I looked on eBay and saw tons going for over $150 with multiple bids. seeing people walking with 2 around their neck I just knew they were gonna eBay them. Oh well….less people in food booth lines then! It was a beautiful day. I wear lightweight skorts to the parks. Jenn really needs to back away from the leggings and move to skorts as well If she had any sense about her. But we know she thinks she’s hot shit….sad she can’t see what a dumpster fire she has become.
Tom "I have hair like a Chia Pet" Corless is a punk jabroni! This guy's so ugly, he couldn't get a date on a Tombstone and I couldn't warm up to the guy even if we were cremated together!!!

• Haha

ashden91

The mortgage shows as paid off as of late November 2021. So they started spending tons of money way before that. I don't think they will announce the paid off mortgage in their vlogs but they could prove me wrong.

Either their income is much higher than what we assume or they saved a ton of money at their peak when their views were more than double what they are today. I was just saying if I was considering a large monthly expense like a nanny and I had the savings to pay off my mortgage I could see doing that to balance things out a bit. No way their payment was enough to equal a nanny cost. Is any of it a sound financial move on their part? Probably not.

There are 2 mortgages listed for their house on the comptroller's website for the same amount but they both have the same loan number so I believe that is some sort of duplication error. Unless someone else shows otherwise pretty sure they paid it off. No evidence of them moving it to the LLC which in Florida would be beyond dumb.
This is just me making assumptions since I know nothing about their families but I wonder if it's also possible they may have came up on some money from family or something...Maybe I'm just doubtful that these two dimwits were smart enough to save any significant amount of money, and if they did I don't believe it would've been enough to last this long with all of the splurging they've done in the past two years or so

Firefly03-K64

VIP Member
Loving the fact that after 24 hours FRE's video of the live stream has nearly 4k views while the actual live stream on a channel with 850k subs has only 40k. If we assume that most of FRE's audience probably at least watched the actual live stream for a few seconds that means the actual views on the Trackers video from 'fans' was probably only 35K
I'm not sure but I don't think YT combines those numbers? I was watching another YTuber that has millions of views and was saying something about live stream numbers aren't counted in the view count after the live? I could be wrong?

Hangininthere

I can’t imagine he needed long sleeves in Hawaii. Rash guards are not long sleeved so he doesn’t get cold, we usually put my son in one when we’re in the pool for a lengthy amount of time at resorts because he’s fair skinned and they keep him from getting sunburned.
Yes but don't have long sleeves on him from Hawaii to Orlando... oh look, snow, gosh it's cold ... LOL

Hangininthere

I'll be down at WDW starting next Sunday.

I'll be on the lookout for the Slackers and Nanny.

Lucked into a great rate using my AP Discount. Were staying at the All Star Music Sunday to Saturday for a little over $85 a night.

Should I strong arm a poor CM into a free breakfast like Dimbo did last time he stayed at a Value Resort?
You get us some good pictures, ya hear, and have a fantastic time!!!!

It’s a shame they couldn’t make a healthy wrap when J was with them instead of feeding him nothing but beige.
or from a box at home.

The nanny made it for them 😂 I have a feeling she is more Jenns nanny than JPs.
and if you have time today, Lynn, please do the laundry..

• Haha

peteykirch

VIP Member
New thread time.

Reactions: 2