The Tim Tracker #142 The Bojan Horse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @Quasimodo for another hilarious title which refers to the Trackers nanny wanted listing. Someone else can do a more extensive recap please!

Reactions: 29
Not a Floridian, but I thought the roof of the new cage was supposed to block the sun. It looks clear to me.

Watch Tim start going to the parks early after he gets Buddy ready for school and drops him off. To be back in time to sit in the pickup line. While Jenn sits at home on her ass “editing” with Nanny #463 watching Big Babe.

Reactions: 28
Uhhhh in a bizarre turn of events that I attempted to unravel, it appears I was Facebook friends with Marie? I cannot for the life of me place how I would know her, and we had no mutual friends in common. I unfriended her for those reasons😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Uhhhh in a bizarre turn of events that I attempted to unravel, it appears I was Facebook friends with Marie? I cannot for the life of me place how I would know her, and we had no mutual friends in common. I unfriended her for those reasons😂
You should have waited to unfriend her until after you dug up some dirt!! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Recap photos:

Realtor
D5296057-6631-4D65-B547-30463F42BA8C.jpeg

Current renovations:
4F34992C-A1F8-458D-AF2E-F8FD9757BBDE.png
98E42221-3F2F-425F-8007-D8A6D077267B.png
33EE1E86-B3F1-489C-B60A-08CBC3B115C0.png
8093BD85-8341-4A9B-8B28-39516C3F55D1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Not a Floridian, but I thought the roof of the new cage was supposed to block the sun. It looks clear to me.

Watch Tim start going to the parks early after he gets Buddy ready for school and drops him off. To be back in time to sit in the pickup line. While Jenn sits at home on her ass “editing” with Nanny #463 watching Big Babe.
It doesn't block the sun outright (as in wholly darken the area above the pool), but it does help to reduce the heat within the enclosure via the filtered sunlight, reduce the harm of UV rays (I think I read somewhere up to anywhere from 30 to 80%?) and also keep the pool temp down. I don't think I've seen any pool birdcages ever that completely block the sun.

Reactions: 10
So what is the cage made of? The realtor pictures look like glass but the renovation pics look like a mesh like on screen doors.

Reactions: 9
What an egregious waste of money! The only difference I see is the square space of screening above the kitchen area. It's darker because they have a special screening material that does *somewhat* reduce the sun you'll get and they can keep you dry during showers, but when it's pouring rain, that screen ain't doing a damn thing to keep you dry. Burning money for literally nothing.

Reactions: 14
Looking at the part that is circled, wouldn't the grill cause massive marks on the ceiling from the heat and smoke? They should have put in some form of an exhaust fan to suck it all out. A regular fan, like what he purchased, will still cause the heat and smoke to hit the ceiling. Add this with what everyone else has said, the grill should not be that close to the house. I think they should have made this outdoor kitchen area into an "L" shape, which would provide more room and they could have put the grill away from the house. I don't see this ending well.

1691511135896.png

Reactions: 16
So what is the cage made of? The realtor pictures look like glass but the renovation pics look like a mesh like on screen doors.
It's never glass in a residential area (ok, maybe rarely but that's really not the norm and would probably be a multimillion-dollar home).

One hailstorm or hurricane... or even a bad storm blowing a big branch into it and you'd be up tit's creek.

It's mesh screening (and / or fiberglass screen mesh... which is not glass even though that's the name) and it's held in place by metal beams.

Their original birdcage was mesh too.

She’s going to sit out there to edit😂😂. The only thing she needed to do that before was a chair and she never did. They will never spend time out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The brown part is aluminum. Most cages are either brown or white, although you see the white less and less because it gets moldy/gross quickly. The rest is screen panels, like you'd see in a window. There are finer screens available where you can barely even tell that there is a screen there.

IMG_3619.png

The space they created is no way big enough for all the things they want. If you put stools at the island, then there needs to be clearance behind them. They want a table and a seating area and a fire pit. It won’t fit.

Also notice that this is the same as the nursery. It’s almost finished! Except for the new light, and the fans, and the furniture, and the pool pump, and 5 other things.
Oh yeah…what about that nursery anyway…

Reactions: 20
Looking at the part that is circled, wouldn't the grill cause massive marks on the ceiling from the heat and smoke? They should have put in some form of an exhaust fan to suck it all out. A regular fan, like what he purchased, will still cause the heat and smoke to hit the ceiling. Add this with what everyone else has said, the grill should not be that close to the house. I think they should have made this outdoor kitchen area into an "L" shape, which would provide more room and they could have put the grill away from the house. I don't see this ending well.

View attachment 2366152
Yes. Even more so without a vent hood. The ceiling is going to get all full of soot and grease. And no one is going to clean it. Ever. We have a half wall of granite behind our similar grill and it gets nasty, but I'm capable of cleaning it.

I personally think the outdoor kitchen should not have been under the section with the roof because where's the smoke going to go if it doesn't go up/out the top? It's going to get trapped and fill the entire cage. Fans or no fans.

I also think the island was a bad idea, from this angle it looks ridiculous with how much space it takes up. The children aren't going to be able to sit up there for a while. They would have been better off with a relatively inexpensive outdoor dining table where everyone can sit and eat.

Reactions: 20
I think it looked better before. It looks completely off to me now and a horrible design. If it were my house, I would’ve kept the pool area as is and then added an area outside of the enclosure for kitchen/grill/firepit. I’ve never in my life seen an enclosed grill and firepit. Maybe it’s a Florida thing. But here in the Midwest, this isn’t a thing. We put pergolas over outdoor kitchen/entertainment areas to provide shade. And fire pits are not covered by any shade-reducing structures.

Reactions: 15
Doing a quick search about having an outdoor grill inside a screened area and I came across this:

1691512675802.png

1691512754243.png

These are from 2 different websites. Do they really not do any research on this? How is it we are so concerned over the safety of this, yet they don't seem to care.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
This backyard reno is just....a waste of money. The only part I like as a Floridian is the overhang coming out the back door. Having a place to stand outside and watch storms and not get soaked are a plus for me. But having a grill along the house is just gonna turn the wall black, as will the ceiling overhang. There is ABSOLUTELY no where for the kids to run around an play. My kids used to play in our porch area all the time at our old house. And how often are they even out there. Its so damned hot in Florida right now, even at night, I have minimal interest in being outside. I go out to use my smoker, and that's it. There is absolutely no way in hell that area is gonna get used much.

I do love Jackson and his car obsession. I do believe he is a smart kid, but he hasn't been nurtured properly. My son is 7 and is obsessed with blocks and building intricate designs. You know what I did...I took pictures of all his builds, and bought him more blocks for bigger builds. You know...I parent...🙄🤣

I think it looked better before. It looks completely off to me now and a horrible design. If it were my house, I would’ve kept the pool area as is and then added an area outside of the enclosure for kitchen/grill/firepit. I’ve never in my life seen an enclosed grill and firepit. Maybe it’s a Florida thing. But here in the Midwest, this isn’t a thing. We put pergolas over outdoor kitchen/entertainment areas to provide shade. And fire pits are not covered by any shade-reducing structures.
You can't really sit outside the cage though, especially around dusk or after dark. You'd get eaten alive. Not the Trackers case, but we have water in our yard and I wouldn't sit out there after dark because I'd want a clear view of the gator coming out to eat me. 😂

Most people have huge screen enclosures with kitchens, grills, fire pits, seating areas around their pools. I've never seen a roof like that on a screen enclosure. It still doesn't make sense to me because you wouldn't want to be outside in the rain anyway and if you were looking to block the sun, why not just get an umbrella? It seems like it's an over the top ridiculous money spend with some "cool" things that just aren't really practical for a family with two small children.

• Wow
I wonder what would happen if someone posted Tim's video calling out Paradise Grills to the Paradise Grills social media/Facebook? I feel like the comments section would eat him alive for his placement of the grill.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
It's never glass in a residential area (ok, maybe rarely but that's really not the norm and would probably be a multimillion-dollar home).

One hailstorm or hurricane... or even a bad storm blowing a big branch into it and you'd be up tit's creek.

It's mesh screening (and / or fiberglass screen mesh... which is not glass even though that's the name) and it's held in place by metal beams.

Their original birdcage was mesh too.
The brown part is aluminum. Most cages are either brown or white, although you see the white less and less because it gets moldy/gross quickly. The rest is screen panels, like you'd see in a window. There are finer screens available where you can barely even tell that there is a screen there.
Thank you both :)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.