"The Syndicate"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the last series her real life sister (Daisy) and Anthony Head were both in it
Just realised it wasn't the syndicate they were both in together it was another equally bad Kay Mellor programme on ITV called girlfriends

I agree with the above posters about the storyline being weak and the acting very ‘stage school’ that scene when they were looking for the lost dog was painful, far too much squealing. Such a shame as the previous series were so good!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
In the last series her real life sister (Daisy) and Anthony Head were both in it

Each week the storyline and acting seems to get worse its like its a childrens show now! I wonder if Kay Mellor uses a lot of same actress/actor as a few people in this series were also in the Kay Mellor show In the Club a few years ago
milly Johnson wrote a book called The Yorkshire Pudding Club, before Kay Mellor did the Club the stories are so similar

Reactions: 4
It’s absolutely atrocious. As if it wasn’t awful enough we now have the potential miscarriage next week. It’s such a great idea and I’ve loved previous seasons but this is really bad. Completely unbelievable

Reactions: 3
milly Johnson wrote a book called The Yorkshire Pudding Club, before Kay Mellor did the Club the stories are so similar
I enjoyed that book, it would of been a better storyline than Kay Mellor's version, the second series was even worse, i dont know how she manages to convince decent well known actors/actresses into the roles, she either pays well or is a very nice person!

Just watched Tuesday's night episode on catch up, it's just so silly, like others have said it does feel like a teen drama rather than a gritty prime time BBC 1 drama. What was with the two characters being taken away in a van then down to the harbourside, as if you would do that, if you were threatened with the police being called, surely you would say, ok fine call the police, if you hadn't done anything wrong. Lots of holes in the storyline and I found myself not caring whereas in previous series, I liked the characters and wanted them to do well. Obviously the girl helping out in the shop/post office will say something and they will get their money but it's just not very good sadly.

Reactions: 7
Just watched Tuesday's night episode on catch up, it's just so silly, like others have said it does feel like a teen drama rather than a gritty prime time BBC 1 drama. What was with the two characters being taken away in a van then down to the harbourside, as if you would do that, if you were threatened with the police being called, surely you would say, ok fine call the police, if you hadn't done anything wrong. Lots of holes in the storyline and I found myself not caring whereas in previous series, I liked the characters and wanted them to do well. Obviously the girl helping out in the shop/post office will say something and they will get their money but it's just not very good sadly.
This is shite. Flashbacks that have no bearing on the main story ... just awful and a complete waste of time. Off to find something else.

Reactions: 4
Normally the show focuses on the aftermath of winning and what they do with the money.

They haven't even got the money yet this series. It's just boring!

Why too much use of flashbacks to info dump a load of back story that nobody cares about anyway! I’m almost hoping they don’t even get the money now.
Don’t get me started on the storyline of the girl who’s only purpose is to be ‘the fat one’ all she did in last episode was look at photos of food! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m only watching now to see if they’ll actually get the money. I should get a life. The characters are so lifeless it’s like half the time they can’t be bothered. Especially the girl grumbling how hungry she is all the time. If I’d won and someone stole my ticket I’d be crazier for sure. These are acting like they’ve lost a a tin of peas in a tombola

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I actually really like this series but I think I’ve got so used to LOD and other similar programmes it’s nice to have something a bit different.
Ive been watching since the syndicate first started and although it’s not as good as 1-2 I much prefer it to series 3. I really want them to get the money back, I’m hoping they do and the last episode is them getting it back and living well. I’m a sucker for a happy ending

It feels like budget screenplay for an Enid Blyton book. I want to know what happens at the end but can't really be bothered watching any more episodes.

Reactions: 6
I dont think Kay Mellor has ever seen real life, does her whole world consist of just nonsense, thats what she writes about

Reactions: 2
Why was that girl randomly buying a gun? Also why would she question whether she was allowed to have it in the luggage on the plane? Surely she’s aware of what the rules are

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think this series is really shite, but I feel I have to watch till the end now! Please tell me next week is the last episode!

Why was that girl randomly buying a gun? Also why would she question whether she was allowed to have it in the luggage on the plane? Surely she’s aware of what the rules are
I thought that was just odd

Reactions: 5
I think this series is really shite, but I feel I have to watch till the end now! Please tell me next week is the last episode!

I thought that was just odd
It was a massive leap from her just being there complaining about being hungry all the time to randomly trying to buy a gun with virtually no insight into her back story!

This show is absolutely bonkers and completely unrealistic but I love it!

It was a massive leap from her just being there complaining about being hungry all the time to randomly trying to buy a gun with virtually no insight into her back story!

This show is absolutely bonkers and completely unrealistic but I love it!
Maybe they’ll do a flashback into her story next week. Regardless of what her backstory is I still cannot see justification for having her trying to buy a gun to fly back to England with as a gift for her dad. Why not just get him some duty free aftershave like everybody else?

• Haha
It's absolutely awful, I was sat there last night, thinking why am I watching this absolute tosh and I'm going to have to see it through to the end.

Reactions: 5