Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lreb88

VIP Member
That was the kind of twist people wanted in Line Of Duty, the Gran had him bumped off!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Libbylulu

VIP Member
The young girl who plays the pregnant character (sorry don’t remember her name) turned down her role in Line of Duty for this rubbish because the dates clashed. I bet she’s kicking herself now!

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Lreb88

VIP Member
Why too much use of flashbacks to info dump a load of back story that nobody cares about anyway! I’m almost hoping they don’t even get the money now.
Don’t get me started on the storyline of the girl who’s only purpose is to be ‘the fat one’ all she did in last episode was look at photos of food! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Lollypad

VIP Member
I'm on the fence whether I have enjoyed it or not. It's an interesting premise and I am glad that it hasn't followed the formula of they get the money and then focus each week on what the characters life has been like before and after. The problem is it's just been so poorly executed.

Colette has an interesting backstory, but when it went to the flashback when she was telling them why her name is different they didn't seem shocked at all. It was kind of like, oh? so you can't come to Monaco then? :unsure:

I can't work out whether Joe Sugg's accent is good or not.. probably because we haven't seen a lot of him. His acting isn't great - he looks like he is in pain in every scene.

Poor Georgina. Reduced down to being the butt of the fat jokes. Not okay for 2021 at all, it's really made me disgusted with how she has been written. So people who are bigger just think about food all the time and all they do is eat? Christ, you'd think this had come out in the 00's not now.

Oh and the pregnant girl? I can't remember her characters name but what is all this about the random fertility problem she has? Not very well explained at all.

I like Kayleigh and her story could be interesting with the gambling addiction if Mellor wasn't writing it as if she was writing for the CBBC - she is just too dizzyingly optimistic.

I think Frank is great and what Neil Morrisey is doing with him is fab - I just hate him every time he comes on the screen, but in a good way. It's boring to see Gaynor Fay in everything her mum does tbh.

I guess when they get the money they will all buy the kennels together and rescue it from that woman who is trying to franchise it (Four Paws is it?).
I’m really annoyed about the fat phobia. The lass’ only personality so far is about food, “chubby girl complains she’s hungry”, “chubby girl eats all the mini bar food, classic” like WHAT. I really like Kay Mellor’s writing but this is really poor.
Series 1&2 were great, I didn’t rate (or finish) s3 though.

Reactions: 10

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Past series have had strong well known cast members with strong side stories, like domestic abuse, benefit fraud, IVF. The majority of this cast isn’t known and are very young. Second episode I felt I was watching a drama on CBBC

Reactions: 10

CC1953

I enjoyed it. Nice and light-hearted, no confusion, after all the angst of Unforgiven and Line of duty it is welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I think Colette is the only one with a vaguely interesting back story.

The rest of the characters are so one dimensional it's unreal.

cherry198

VIP Member
This series would be so much better if the cut all the Monaco crap.It just doesn’t add to the story at all. It’s just four kids running around with a dog. I actually enjoy all the Yorkshire based stuff they should’ve just based the whole series there

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’m only watching now to see if they’ll actually get the money. I should get a life. The characters are so lifeless it’s like half the time they can’t be bothered. Especially the girl grumbling how hungry she is all the time. If I’d won and someone stole my ticket I’d be crazier for sure. These are acting like they’ve lost a a tin of peas in a tombola

• Haha

1001 others

VIP Member
Does anyone know when the latest series (that was given the green light in February 2020) will air?

Apparently this one revolves around a group of employees who work at a dog kennels.

(For anyone who isn't familiar with this series, it is so incredibly well written - there have been three series thus far, with each one focused on what happens when the players win big on the lottery. It's one of the best fictional dramas I've ever seen).

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Apparently Gemma's backstory is going to be in the next episode, but it's the last one (thankfully :LOL:) and everyone's storyline has to be wrapped up, so she probably won't get much screen time. I'm sure they'll manage to squeeze in a few fat jokes though :rolleyes:

Why have they been fannying about in Monaco for four episodes when all they needed was someone with an A* in GCSE IT (which makes you an expert hacker obvs) to recover the CCTV footage? Urgh, I'm basically hate-watching this series at this point :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
Apparently Gemma's backstory is going to be in the next episode, but it's the last one (thankfully :LOL:) and everyone's storyline has to be wrapped up, so she probably won't get much screen time. I'm sure they'll manage to squeeze in a few fat jokes though :rolleyes:

Why have they been fannying about in Monaco for four episodes when all they needed was someone with an A* in GCSE IT (which makes you an expert hacker obvs) to recover the CCTV footage? Urgh, I'm basically hate-watching this series at this point :ROFLMAO:
Why was that stupid gambling addict girl gambling money that wasn’t even the shop owners. Why were her friends letting her. Why does the guy think that stupid bet with no contract and the fact he’s already broken the law stands, what’s with the pointless storyline of the Geordie girl and older bloke, why have the police not wondered why the man faked his own death, where’s joe sugg who got rolled out as the spokesperson of the show and has had about 3 minutes air time, where has the lady who writes it talent gone. I’ve got so many questions 😂

• Haha

Idontknowwhatimdoing

Joe is a supporting character I think, he's not one of the syndicate, and Tanya probably has her usual two lines :LOL:
I know Neil Morrissey, Gaynor Faye and Kym Marsh are in it, and it should be out in the next month or so 🙂
Gaynor Faye is in everything her mum does, stage, screen. Job for life

Reactions: 8

Misssj80

VIP Member
I quite liked the last episode, some of it was over done, but I liked seeing more of their stories. I always liked seeing in the previous series the winners stories. They should have spent less time on the Monaco stuff and more time on the winners back stories!!

Reactions: 8

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I think this series is really shite, but I feel I have to watch till the end now! Please tell me next week is the last episode!

I thought that was just odd
It was a massive leap from her just being there complaining about being hungry all the time to randomly trying to buy a gun with virtually no insight into her back story!

This show is absolutely bonkers and completely unrealistic but I love it!

Reactions: 7

Hevs75

Just watched Tuesday's night episode on catch up, it's just so silly, like others have said it does feel like a teen drama rather than a gritty prime time BBC 1 drama. What was with the two characters being taken away in a van then down to the harbourside, as if you would do that, if you were threatened with the police being called, surely you would say, ok fine call the police, if you hadn't done anything wrong. Lots of holes in the storyline and I found myself not caring whereas in previous series, I liked the characters and wanted them to do well. Obviously the girl helping out in the shop/post office will say something and they will get their money but it's just not very good sadly.

Reactions: 7