"The Syndicate"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cheryl will do the dirty on Frank so the character played by the daughter of the writer looks like the star of the series.

Gaynor Faye is in everything her mum does, stage, screen. Job for life
Yes thats what my Mum says, I cant watch anything Kaye Mellor has done as I think its same old, same old etc. I knew someone who lived on their street when they all lived together and he said their house was disgusting, really dirty inside.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I love this show so much.

One of the storylines is not so far-fetched - the same thing happened in NZ some years ago (the amount wasn't as much, but even so ...):

From https://www.lotterypost.com/news/122727:

A New Zealand lottery winner who double-checked his jackpot found he had been shortchanged thousands of dollars by a storeowner.

TVNZ reports the owner of a Lotto shop in Kapiti Coast told the man he had won $642 New Zealand ($440 U.S.). It turns out when the lucky winner checked with the Lottery Commission the actual payoff on his $6 ticket was 50 times that amount, or about $20,000 U.S. dollars.

The commission said Lotto shops are required to have computer screens visible to customers and to return winning tickets to their owners.

The Lotto shop owner is no longer in business and is scheduled to appear in court next week.

Here was the outcome for those who are interested:

Defence lawyer Chris Lillie told Porirua District Court that Patel gave the second division ticket to a man whose relative was dying of cancer.

However Judge Michael Behrens said Patel's excuse was "bizarre" and he did not believe compassion was the motivation behind his offending.

He fined Patel $2000 for failing to inform the Lotteries Commission of three previous theft convictions when applying for his franchise license, and $5000 for obtaining the prize by deception, and ordered him to repay the commission's investigation costs of $1336.84.

(From https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/lotto-shop-owner-fined-for-cheating-winner/3MBUHI7FWHF54SEWQVEHYSQ4FY/)
Same here in the UK:

Moral of the story: always have your ticket returned, check online, buy ticket online and they notify you.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Like the others before it, this season is really well-written; it's just a shame that the characters are a bit silly ... I get that they're young, but constant squealing is annoying. The lead character (I guess - the young lady from the kennels) is very charming though.

This is appalling its tries to be a childrens tv drama and a bit edgy at the same time, someone should tell Kay Mellor to never write anymore of her drama's, it might be an excuse for her Daughter to get paid but her writing is dreadful

Reactions: 4
This series is dire. Compared to series 1/2 it’s like it’s written for teens.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s hard to believe that this is a Kay Mellor drama, I’m usually a big fan of her work. The writing is dire and the plot seems to be going nowhere. I do like the cast and have enjoyed them in previous projects I’ve seen but you can only work with what you’re given.

Saying all that I’m still watching every Tuesday and waiting to see how it all pans out. It’s sucked me in and now I can’t switch it off😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think Colette is the only one with a vaguely interesting back story.

The rest of the characters are so one dimensional it's unreal.

Reactions: 9
I think Colette is the only one with a vaguely interesting back story.

The rest of the characters are so one dimensional it's unreal.
Yeah I agree, she is the only interesting character.
On another note, I didn’t realise the woman who plays her is Anthony Head’s daughter!

Reactions: 4
On another note, I didn’t realise the woman who plays her is Anthony Head’s daughter!
I didn't know that either.

Must be why she is about the only decent actress in the show then. She's picked up a few tips from her dad.

Reactions: 1
In the last series her real life sister (Daisy) and Anthony Head were both in it

Each week the storyline and acting seems to get worse its like its a childrens show now! I wonder if Kay Mellor uses a lot of same actress/actor as a few people in this series were also in the Kay Mellor show In the Club a few years ago

Reactions: 5
i only knew who she was from her days in the Inbetweeners , she was in Emmerdale and i bet thats where she got the Geordie accent from , the characters Amy and Kerry have probably coached her :D

The young girl who plays the pregnant character (sorry don’t remember her name) turned down her role in Line of Duty for this rubbish because the dates clashed. I bet she’s kicking herself now!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I was really excited for another chapter in this series but this is a huge let-down. I think the writer is run out of great ideas. If it does return for a fifth series, hopefully they'll get new (or at least additional) writers.

this program is so dumb, im starting to not care what happens to them. im less than half way through episode 3 is it worth watching the rest of the ep?

i only knew who she was from her days in the Inbetweeners , she was in Emmerdale and i bet thats where she got the Geordie accent from , the characters Amy and Kerry have probably coached her :D
I can’t stand her accent lol. I’m a Geordie and I hate hearing the Geordie accent on tv, especially when it’s put on lol. I can stand listening to Vera either 😂

Reactions: 5
this program is so dumb, im starting to not care what happens to them. im less than half way through episode 3 is it worth watching the rest of the ep?
I gave up after 10 mins, liked the previous series, but this series is really awful!

She was in Emmerdale for a while, I really liked her.

Reactions: 1