Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Is anyone going struggling with the clocks going forward? It's nearly been a week but I still feel so tired all the time like I can't adjust
Yep. It’s really knocked me. It’s also really annoying as I’m an avid MAFS watcher and I’m having to eat my tea when I’m not feeling hungry to be sorted for the 7.30 start time. First world problems.
I’m really hoping that by me joining this thread Spring might decide to actually start Springing. I nearly put the heating back on last night I was frozen.

Reactions: 4
I love this thread, it makes me feel so happy!

Would anyone have any advice on how to start growing a rose bush in the garden? I’m thinking some kind of small trellis type thing (🤷🏻‍♀️) and then do I just plant the rose plants and encourage them to grow up the trellis or are there actual rose bushes I can buy and plant…? Complete novice here if you hadn’t guessed 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Magee

VIP Member
Absolutely loving this weather and the start of my gardening journey (newish home owner) however my water butt is empty and my outdoor tap is currently broken! My compost is so dry, I’m added in mulch to help retain some water but it’s still dry.

Can’t believe I’m actually wanting a dash of rain 😂

Reactions: 3

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
I think they are flowering early as I had bought it because it is usually in bloom for her birthday in April, hope it lasts until then 🤞

• Heart

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
Going out for lunch with friends tomorrow. Do I go with short dress with tights, boots and leather jacket? Or maxi dress with trainers and denim jacket? Help! It’s that inbetween kind of weather where dressing is kinda tricky. I’m not really a big jeans fan, so would rather avoid those.
Maxi dress, trainers, and denim jacket !

• Heart
Is there a summer thread? I’m already loving the sunshine and lack of jacket wearing. Can’t beat reading a book outside with a cold drink without a cloud in the sky.

• Heart

xbxbx

Chatty Member
It’s been gorgeous here this past week. Sun shining and clear blue skies from sunrise to sunset. I love seeing bright yellow daffodils against blue skies💕

As always though, I’m due to come off on annual leave at the end of next week and the temperatures plummet with rain and clouds coming my way🙄

bamboo98

VIP Member
It’s only 9° here right now but it feels nice, I’ve got my windows open and for a change I am not freezing cold 😂
I haven’t had to put my heating on for warmth since mid March but I did put it on low a few times to dry some laundry. It feels good saving that little bit (technically not a little bit these days) money

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I got out of my car today, once I had parked at work. I had a long coat on, unzipped, and the wind nearly blew it off , I got a huge gust to the face🤭 :eek:
Sick of the cold.

• Sad
As predicted, it’s now pouring down with rain.

If anyone wants this weekends lottery numbers, give me a shout 🔮
I put my washing out when I got home from work at 3!! A tiny corner of the garden still had sun so put my bedding out. It’s windy as well so should dry

it’s been so nice and sunny today. Windy but still nice.

Rainbow1

VIP Member
It was 18 here yesterday. Now it’s raining and meant to rain all day 😟😭. Typical bank holiday weather. I put my cushions out on the rattan set in the garden for the first time yesterday. Bloody typical
same! It’s the inconsistency I can’t deal with, one minute I’m sitting out in garden in shorts, next I need winter coat boots and umbrella out

How's everyone and their spring garden's and pots doing?

I've potted and planted all mine so looking forward to seeing huge bursts of colour in the next few weeks 🥰

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, warm and bright. Today has been miserable rain and I’m back in the Oodie

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
Do any of you have a spring clean of the house?
Yes we usually do it two weeks before Nowruz (which is probably going to creep up on me like it does every year lol). It represents us saying goodbye to the previous year to welcome in the new one

I bloody love spring 🌸
I treated myself to some tulips and daffodils today and put them in a vase together in my bedroom and they’re making me smile ❤
Oh they're such happy flowers! What colour are the tulips?