Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I can only imagine the pressure Nicola has felt over the years to ‘fix’ her face - thank god she hasn’t because her subtle facial movements are just wonderful and the character would not be half as captivating without it. I think she’s beautiful.

Sadly we are very used to seeing actresses (and celebs generally) fillered and botoxed to the heavens. Not to mention it’s still not that common to see women aged 50+ in that sort of protagonist role (as in not fitting neatly into the maiden, mother, crone tropes). Although it is starting to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I thought the"Ruth" actor was incredibly wooden in Series One but grew into the part really well. How often do you get to see a woman in her 70s still at the top of her profession on TV? I found that very inspiring. I also thought her wardrobe was really excellent too, it was lovely to see her dressed so nicely to suit her age and figure. The wardrobe department are brilliant!

Reactions: 26

littleladyv

I love this series but have to admit this was like a long therapy session for me, I am divorced, the story was very similar to mine ( although neither of us cheated) I cried for my lost marriage, a marriage that wasn’t good but I know how it feels to have that history, my ex also went on to get his GF pregnant and that feeling was the worst. I honestly found it all heartbreaking and totally understand you can divorce someone but they still feel like ‘home’. anyway I enjoyed it and agree that we shouldn’t normally cheer the person who cheated but Nicola plays it so well you can’t help but do so. …..maybe us slightly older women deserve out happy ending after all?

• Heart
Reactions: 21

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone else watch this show? Kind of ridiculous but also kind of addictive. Love Nicola Walker she’s super! The dude that plays Christie is waaaaay hot too 🥰

series two started the other night and the entire series is already on iPlayer! I know what I’m binge watching tonight.

Reactions: 20

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I love this program. I normally go for crime stuff, but I'd watched all that. I find Rose a bit annoying, the character, but she makes sense within the story. Christie certainly has something about him, though I find Nathan more facially attractive. All strong actors.
I found Christie progressively less attractive through the series. He was seriously hot at the beginning of series one but that tailed off for me. The more needy he became the less attractive I found him!

Reactions: 20

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
Just seen the trailer for a new bbc drama Marriage with Nicole Walker starter alongside Sean Bean, she always get decent co-stars to act alongside!

Reactions: 14

Rubyred97

I know it’s corny but I wanted a flash forward to a few years or so later. I am invested in these characters and sad we won’t see them again 😭.

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Season 4 suggestion. Christie comes back to London. Hannah and Christie move in together. Eventually she finds she can't stand him despite the sex, he is nowhere near as nice as Nathan who she realises was "the one". But too late. She moves out and is so depressed at what she has done to her life. Serves her right! Ends up as a miserable, lonely, old women. Nathan lives happily ever after with a woman he can trust.
Didn’t like Nathan’s new bird either - how rude ordering the shopping to be delivered. I wouldn’t have chucked it on the street 😂

The vicar and rose was my favourite relationship at the end, loved how it carried on from the earlier series

House of Tea

VIP Member
I love the clothes in this series. The wardrobe department did a great job. I have only seen one of the new series, but basing my view on the previous series.

I used to find Stephen Mangan striking to look at. Now I think he is sexy as he has aged.

• Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I found Christie progressively less attractive through the series. He was seriously hot at the beginning of series one but that tailed off for me. The more needy he became the less attractive I found him!
This and he reminded me of Noel Edmonds 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
It always makes me laugh how much of a social life they all have after work even when they have kids! Hannah is barely at home!

Curly Top

VIP Member
I thoroughly enjoyed this last series and like everyone else, I loved the clothes, hairstyles and beautiful homes.

The actors all did a brilliant job with the script and of course, Nicola Walker nails every scene. I have a huge soft spot for Stephen Mangan ever since he was in Green Wing. He is a bit goofy looking, which is appealing e.g. he looked absolutely terrible running out of the camper van after Kate when found in there with Hannah.

I particularly liked the sharp dialogue between Hannah and Kate. Wonderfully pointed.

I thought the actress who played Lenny had the most fantastic voice.

I did find it a bit corny and sententious in parts - Hannah's mum dancing with her bloke by his camper van etc and all the lovely dovey bits i.e. Christie hanging around so many times for Hannah. Maybe I'm just a bit hardened :sneaky:

Overall though, a really good watch.

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Loved, loved, loved this series and so sad it’s the end. I want to know what happens next for them all. I don’t know if I’m just hormonal at the moment but ep 6 had me 😭😭 at multiple parts. The wardrobes and accessories as always are 🤌🏻 Brilliant soundtrack too - I found myself Shazam-ing every song that came on.

I really wanted Tyler to actually get caught and get his comeuppance, but I guess thats just the way it goes for a professional conman. Liked the pantomine villain-ness of Melanie. Loved the way NW/Hannah looked straight into our eyes at the end and gave that little smile

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Dizzy

VIP Member
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that whilst I watch it, I almost hate watch it! 😂 It's so far fetched (yeah I know it's TV) but some of it is ridiculous. I love the fashion in it and think NW looks fabulous but it irrationally bugs me that we're meant to believe she's always in the highest of heels going from location to location around London, doing 16 hour days, stomping over cobbles and around parks - I know I know! 😂 The house is incredible, I love that it's such a strong woman based drama, some of the interweaving stories are thought provoking but I just feel it takes itself a bit too seriously. And much as I do enjoy NW acting generally, all the jerky facial expressions, half said words and repressed emotions grate after a while. That said, obviously I'll watch to the end 😂

• Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I also found the first season while bored during lockdown and really enjoyed it. I’m fascinated by the actress who plays Hannah’s face. She really is very odd looking. I’ve never seen such hooded eyes and the mouth is weird and she keeps kind of twitching and grinning with teeth bared when she’s cross. The eldest daughter also has strange under eye bags for someone so young.
I love the dark haired sister, I think she’s stunning and love her outfits. Sorry I don’t mean to be bitchy but couldn’t help but notice those things. Really enjoying this series, I’m about half way through.
Well, I never! 😧😧😧

Screenshot_20220408-220830_Chrome.jpg

• Haha

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
On episode 3. Wish my toddler would nap longer, I only get to watch one ep at a time 😭
It's so good.

Kate is thoroughly awful isn't she. That restaurant conversation in Ep 1 :mad:
Despite knowing that she was the one who cheated, I find myself rooting for Hannah every time. Nicola Walker is sublime isn't she? The little quirks of her face, the looks, the smirk when she saw Christie again and he invited her back to his room, I found totally believable, that she was experiencing that giddy rush you get when flirting with someone you fancy. I have already surmised that she won't get her happy ending with him though. Also feel sorry for Zander, but again the relationship between Tyler and Nina is spot on in terms of mannerisms and I find it really enthralling. Ian McElhinney is underused, I want more Prof Ron 😭

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I love how they show her fiddling with things in her hands and her phone etc, her acting is so good. In fact they all are 😍 I’m halfway through already, it better have a happy ending 😂

I don’t fancy Christie at all though 😂
She steals every scene in every programme she has been in. I don’t know why.

• Heart

LucyEyelesbarrow

VIP Member
Only on episode four so far, but loving it. I still like Christie, but the beard needs reigning back. I do also like Stephen Mangan and love everything Nicola Walker is in. I like how many older women there are in key roles in it. The clothes are amazing too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11