The Split - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that whilst I watch it, I almost hate watch it! 😂 It's so far fetched (yeah I know it's TV) but some of it is ridiculous. I love the fashion in it and think NW looks fabulous but it irrationally bugs me that we're meant to believe she's always in the highest of heels going from location to location around London, doing 16 hour days, stomping over cobbles and around parks - I know I know! 😂 The house is incredible, I love that it's such a strong woman based drama, some of the interweaving stories are thought provoking but I just feel it takes itself a bit too seriously. And much as I do enjoy NW acting generally, all the jerky facial expressions, half said words and repressed emotions grate after a while. That said, obviously I'll watch to the end 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't think its excessively far fetched in the main serious areas. Especially series 1. Having seen family go through divorce from a female point of view, many of the emotions and words spoken ring very true to what I witnessed and heard, while also giving me a deeper understanding of what I thought I already knew about the women in my family.

Reactions: 5
I find Nicola Walker’s long pauses and odd facial expressions distracting.
She seems to do does this with every character she plays - and it stops me from following the storyline as I find it so strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How much do we reckon Hannah and Nathan's house is worth? It's bloody huge and gorgeous ❤
I quoted the street and location it’s on above and looked on right move. A lot of them are flats but there was one (no pics) that sold in 2020 for over 6 million!

• Wow
Love The Split and really enjoying season 3, just got episode 6 to watch, thoughts so far are, Kate is deliberately written to be unlikable, and Nina, is it normal to have 250k in savings??

Reactions: 7
only on episode 3 - I appreciate all the spoiler tags that have been used on the thread so far!

why on Earth was anyone okay with Nathan and Kate staying over at Hannah’s house?! Particularly in her bedroom?! I appreciate that he’s still contributing to the house but isn’t it the norm that when you move out of the martial home, you move out of the martial home. It’s just odd!

Reactions: 6
only on episode 3 - I appreciate all the spoiler tags that have been used on the thread so far!

why on Earth was anyone okay with Nathan and Kate staying over at Hannah’s house?! Particularly in her bedroom?! I appreciate that he’s still contributing to the house but isn’t it the norm that when you move out of the martial home, you move out of the martial home. It’s just odd!
Yes I found that very odd!

Reactions: 4

It's a thing with divorces nowadays apparently. The spouses share the marital home, so that there is less upheaval for the kids. I know, just bizarre. Especially her getting the shopping delivered. THE CHEEK OF IT.

• Wow
I found it hard to believe when I first heard about 'nesting' but its apparently becoming more common. An ITV drama also had a separated couple doing this, it made the 2nd home appear a shag pad for both of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I found it hard to believe when I first heard about 'nesting' but its apparently becoming more common. An ITV drama also had a separated couple doing this, it made the 2nd home appear a shag pad for both of them.
Yes! ‘Our House’

Reactions: 3
I am two in. Nothing much happens in this series, but everything happens. It’s so watchable- I am at a loss to explain why!

I know it’s corny but I wanted a flash forward to a few years or so later. I am invested in these characters and sad we won’t see them again 😭.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh my goodness, I love, Love, LOVED it! (Found all the episodes on Daily Motion).

I absolutely loved every single character's acting in this - it was so, SO good! Nicola, especially. The "Nina" character was so unlikable and the actress who played her nailed it.

I really wanted Christie to turn up at the end! ... Or that lawyer chap who invited Hannah out for dinner. Why was Hannah's mum secretly poking around in her boss's financial affairs / investigating Tyler - who gave her that directive?

I also found the first season while bored during lockdown and really enjoyed it. I’m fascinated by the actress who plays Hannah’s face. She really is very odd looking. I’ve never seen such hooded eyes and the mouth is weird and she keeps kind of twitching and grinning with teeth bared when she’s cross. The eldest daughter also has strange under eye bags for someone so young.
I love the dark haired sister, I think she’s stunning and love her outfits. Sorry I don’t mean to be bitchy but couldn’t help but notice those things. Really enjoying this series, I’m about half way through.
She does have unusual eyes. I think she looks quite odd (pretty-odd in my opinion - I love her with the blonde hair!), is because she's naturally a brunette. Her face also has a lot of character.

1649731300418.png

The actress who plays "Nina" is very pretty. She reminds me a lot of Kym Marsh.

I’ve watched it all now. I didn’t mind the ending. It’s a shame there won’t be anymore series as it’s not just about Hannah for me, I like her sisters too and want to see more of their endings.

Just checked something before posting and see the writer is hoping to write a spin off series so hopefully it’s about the sisters?
That would be wonderful! I wonder why they closed the door to another series of this though? There could/would be a lot of material to play with for another few seasons at least.

Of all the sisters, I feel that Nina probably has the most potential to have a spin-off ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

I really wanted Christie to turn up at the end! ... Or that lawyer chap who invited Hannah out for dinner. Why was Hannah's mum secretly poking around in her boss's financial affairs / investigating Tyler - who gave her that directive?
Christie had a client - who turned out to be Tyler’s husband, and had Ruth assist him. Ruth was digging around to protect Xander

• Wow