Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

laughing

VIP Member
No series 4 please.

Leave it how it ended.

Too many programmes add another series and it just spoils the whole thing

Reactions: 7

coconochanel

VIP Member
Okay, I bawled. I'm really emotional at the moment anyway so I knew it was going to happen :cry:

I think Hannah is better off on her own. Everyone's forgotten that Nathan met up with what, four women off that site? And that he went on there deliberately with the intention of looking for someone whereas Hannah and Christie just sort of happened.
That said, I think Christie is a complete shit too. The way he kept threatening to tell Nathan if Hannah didn't :mad:

I wasn't overly surprised with 'that kiss' either. The fact that they were thrown together so much in the series was obviously lining up for something to happen.

I don't think Rose and her husband add anything to the show, especially her husband. He just comes across as the most boring guy ever. SO boring in fact that I can't actually remember his name. Is he called James?

The Mum and Prof Ronnie are freaking me out because I just keep seeing the Grandad from 'Derry Girls'. Same with 'Duckface' from 4 weddings every time Richie Hanson's lawyer popped up 😂

Speaking of Richie Hanson, SO glad he got his comeuppance. He was an absolute asshole.
Yes kill rose off in the next series shes a bloody wet blanket. I LOVE the mum though shes so chic.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
I am 5 in….I don’t know how this is going to wrap.

Just looked up the actress who plays the matriarch - she’s 74. Looks good on it.

Last edited:

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
Love The Split and really enjoying season 3, just got episode 6 to watch, thoughts so far are, Kate is deliberately written to be unlikable, and Nina, is it normal to have 250k in savings??

House of Tea

VIP Member
I am two in. Nothing much happens in this series, but everything happens. It’s so watchable- I am at a loss to explain why!

Stan

Chatty Member
I’m a controversial viewer because I love Christie - didn’t get why she loves Nathan so much other than that I can see they had a family together. I love the series and the drama but tbh, i think Hannah ended up making a shit choice. She and Christie slept together night before her wedding, she was considering running away with him but her mum could tell and so intervened, she spends 20 years probably wondering if she’ll see him again, he comes back into her life and is still gorgeous! And basically Christie is hopelessly in love with her and always has been. There’s an episode in series 1 where his ex wife comes into it as a barrister for the husband of someone they’re representing and she tells Hannah that basically they split not because he didn’t want children, but because he wanted them with Hannah and basically couldn’t move on from her. He finds out she possibly aborted his child and yet when her and Nathan split he’s still stood there willing to be second best - and basically says that . And he didn’t go to Chicago when she asked and missed a big opportunity in series one.
She 100% should have chosen Christie!

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
only on episode 3 - I appreciate all the spoiler tags that have been used on the thread so far!

why on Earth was anyone okay with Nathan and Kate staying over at Hannah’s house?! Particularly in her bedroom?! I appreciate that he’s still contributing to the house but isn’t it the norm that when you move out of the martial home, you move out of the martial home. It’s just odd!
It's a thing with divorces nowadays apparently. The spouses share the marital home, so that there is less upheaval for the kids. I know, just bizarre. Especially her getting the shopping delivered. THE CHEEK OF IT.

• Wow

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
I watched the first episode of the new series last night

Omg I was not emotionally prepared for the ending 🥺 I was an absolute mess.

I watched it on my own while my husband was out on a work night out and I was immediately texting him being like you ok, make sure you get home safe, don't drink too much so you can get yourself home ok etc 😂

As other have said I love all the clothes/fashion and I want Hannah's house!

• Heart

Horatio

VIP Member
Anyone else watch this show? Kind of ridiculous but also kind of addictive. Love Nicola Walker she’s super! The dude that plays Christie is waaaaay hot too 🥰

series two started the other night and the entire series is already on iPlayer! I know what I’m binge watching tonight.
Completely agree that it’s both ridiculous and addictive. It’s got plenty of those cringey bits of dialogue or acting you often see in bbc dramas but certainly has something strangely compelling too. I found that after watching the first series almost by accident - and then almost forgetting about it - and the same thing with first two episodes of s2 last night.

There is some substance to it, I suppose, that keeps me coming back as opposed to similar shows. I like how the storyline with the controlling husband is playing out - Hannah posing as a friend and giving her advice on the sly. He’s a terrible actor though- most of the cringey bits are with him now
(Two episodes in)

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Hannah’s house is amazing!! Must be worth a fortune, that sort of place in London.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I watched the first episode of the new series last night

Omg I was not emotionally prepared for the ending 🥺 I was an absolute mess.

I watched it on my own while my husband was out on a work night out and I was immediately texting him being like you ok, make sure you get home safe, don't drink too much so you can get yourself home ok etc 😂

As other have said I love all the clothes/fashion and I want Hannah's house!
I love the house too! Here's the info on where it is!

FilmFixer director Karen Everett revealed that Hannah lives in a home on Macaulay Road in Lambeth and her family home where she grew up is filmed at a home located in Sydenham Hill, Lewisham.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
On episode 3. Wish my toddler would nap longer, I only get to watch one ep at a time 😭
It's so good.

Kate is thoroughly awful isn't she. That restaurant conversation in Ep 1 :mad:
Despite knowing that she was the one who cheated, I find myself rooting for Hannah every time. Nicola Walker is sublime isn't she? The little quirks of her face, the looks, the smirk when she saw Christie again and he invited her back to his room, I found totally believable, that she was experiencing that giddy rush you get when flirting with someone you fancy. I have already surmised that she won't get her happy ending with him though. Also feel sorry for Zander, but again the relationship between Tyler and Nina is spot on in terms of mannerisms and I find it really enthralling. Ian McElhinney is underused, I want more Prof Ron 😭
Actually Nathan cheated first!

I agree about Nicola..a very good actress and I enjoy all her mannerisms and little quirks! I find it hard to take Stephen Mangan serious as I can't forget him as Guy Secretan in the superb Green Wing!

• Heart
  • Haha

Tublet83

VIP Member
It’s Christie’s beard for me I feel he needs to go full silver fox or get the just for men out 😂

Reactions: 6

Ladsladslads666

I love how they show her fiddling with things in her hands and her phone etc, her acting is so good. In fact they all are 😍 I’m halfway through already, it better have a happy ending 😂

I don’t fancy Christie at all though 😂
It’s the pen for me! Think I might have to buy myself a nice shiny pen rather than using a chewed biro 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6