Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
I'm going to pause series 3 and go back and watch 1 and 2, there's so much I can't remember. I agree about Christie, he's looking the shadow of his series 1 self although I went off him when I saw his real name was Barry Atsma. Barry is bad enough but it sounds like Barry Asthma.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

armywife119

VIP Member
I also found the first season while bored during lockdown and really enjoyed it. I’m fascinated by the actress who plays Hannah’s face. She really is very odd looking. I’ve never seen such hooded eyes and the mouth is weird and she keeps kind of twitching and grinning with teeth bared when she’s cross. The eldest daughter also has strange under eye bags for someone so young.
I love the dark haired sister, I think she’s stunning and love her outfits. Sorry I don’t mean to be bitchy but couldn’t help but notice those things. Really enjoying this series, I’m about half way through.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Tublet83

VIP Member
Got to the end - I liked it especially because she didn’t seem to end up with Christy, loved Rose and the vicar ❤

Reactions: 10

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I'm intrigued by your preferred ending, i would of liked a certain someone to knock at the door or appear!
I wouldn’t as he was selfish really. Didn’t think of her kids he just wanted her to himself as he suggested them living in New York, he didn’t suggest he move back to London to make it easier on her.

• Heart

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Love the scene with Meera Syal and Nicola Walker - then I remembered that she’s of course married to Sanjeev Bhaskar - Nicola’s co-star in Unforgotten, another fave🥰

Multi-21

VIP Member
I don’t think Christie and Hannah would have worked together. Like she said she wanted someone to fit in with her family and I think Christie would have resented that and wanted more time just the two of them.

petitspois

VIP Member
Yeah I was going to say, it’s not a spin off it’s just set in the legal world. No indication there is any link to any of the original characters. Hopefully it will still be as good though. There’s only so far you can take the original characters without it becoming ridiculous what they are going through
Maybe the team behind The Split regret creating the storylines that kind of meant it ran it's course so are going to plan it differently this time. I think a good 20% of my enjoyment came from looking at their houses and outfits to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
I think poor Christie was doomed from series 1, when Nina said he just gets better with age. The poor guy has looked worse and less attractive/appealing each series :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Although we may not have been through all the experiences within The Split, we can resonate with it because we see a little of us in some of the characters/storylines. Whether it’s the divorce, loss, betrayal, the one that got away…when you reach a certain age you will have lived through some of these experiences. And of course, it was so well put together and acted out. The one programme that has got me somewhere inside that no other has yet do.

Disneylover

VIP Member
Just finished the last episode, I found it so emotional and very well written. I’m absolutely gutted thats it now 😭😭.
I just love Nicola Walker, what an actress. I was hoping Christie would turn up at the end 🥺

TinaTree

Chatty Member
I've binged it all, was going to try keep one a week but i never stood a chance! 6 Episodes just wasn't enough

I really wanted Christie to come back right at the end but I guess that's the whole point of him, he's always just a fantasy to take her away from her life

Also liked that Goldie came back in the later episode, her husband in real life whose name escapes me is the actor who played alongside Nicola Walker in Unforgotten and i've read they are all friends in real life, so it was a nice reappearance from her.
Also in the background of one episode Melanie is been interviewed by Dermot o Leary on some fictional breakfast tv show and Dermot O Learys wife is the director of The Split, so you can bet she roped him in!

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Boring trivia!:

I’m on episode 6 but just noticed placement of some Eve Lom creams on Hannah’s dressing table! Bit odd for the BBC as I thought they didn’t allow advertising?!

Did people know Dermot O’Leary’s wife is the Director? Thought it funny that Dermot appeared interviewing one of the characters as if she was on This Morning when this is BBC! We also got mention of Davina McCall!

Anyone else find the timeline confusing ? A lot is happening in a very short space of time but there’s hints at a new relationship for Rose yet her husband has only been dead a matter of weeks going by the timeline!

Reactions: 8

petitspois

VIP Member
I really enjoyed this, more so this series than 1 and 2. It was less far fetched and much more relatable. I agree with previous posters that Christie seemed to have the opposite of a glow up as the series progressed. Nice twist too with Tyler.

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I find Nicola Walker’s long pauses and odd facial expressions distracting.
She seems to do does this with every character she plays - and it stops me from following the storyline as I find it so strange.

• Heart