The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What expansion packs would you recommend getting for The Sims 4? Fancy treating myself to one whilst they're on sale. I already have Go to Work (don't really use but it was fun playing detective for a bit), Cats & Dogs, Seasons and City Living. Quite fancying Dining Out as I always felt that was missing from the game (I think in The Sims 3 you could go to a couple of restaurants?)

What expansion packs would you recommend getting for The Sims 4? Fancy treating myself to one whilst they're on sale. I already have Go to Work (don't really use but it was fun playing detective for a bit), Cats & Dogs, Seasons and City Living. Quite fancying Dining Out as I always felt that was missing from the game (I think in The Sims 3 you could go to a couple of restaurants?)
Dine out is so buggy! Takes about 12 sims hours for a „dinner“ and they constantly get up from their seats to talk while standing etc.
I liked it a lot more in S3, yes it was a rabbit hole and sometimes it took a while but no where near as long as in S4.

Maybe Get together? It comes with cafes, so a little bit like restaurants

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I like the gameplay in the university one as I usually play sims as young adults

Reactions: 4
Island Living is one of my favourite expansion packs, the world is beautiful, the gameplay is decent and I really like the build mode/CAS items too ☺ The new interiors pack is good too if you like building, but I think it’s still quite buggy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really like Island Living, Seasons and Get Famous…wouldn’t really recommend dining out, strangerville, laundry day (it’s a fun quirk but overall meh). I do quite like Get to Work though!

Reactions: 2
Thanks all! I do like the look of Island Living but will check out Get Together. I enjoy City Living as you can visit places with different food trucks. I basically compensate for being on a diet when playing The Sims :D

Reactions: 3
Thanks all! I do like the look of Island Living but will check out Get Together. I enjoy City Living as you can visit places with different food trucks. I basically compensate for being on a diet when playing The Sims :D
I think island living lacks gameplay compared to get together. I mean gameplay isn't sims 4 strongest point anyway😅 but there's just more to do and the buildings are so pretty there 😍

Did anyone ever play the Sims Castaway game? I think it was only on the Playstation 2 but it was great!

Just wanted to echo Island Living. The mermaids are disappointing but the world is beautiful and I love building homes over the sea.
University is alright... gameplay is repetitive but the social events are good and the degrees help you earn a lot of money once you get a job.
I’d recommend Get Together as well. I’m not too fussed about being in a club but the world, Windenburg, that comes with it is gorgeous and has so many useable lots.

Reactions: 4
I am a massive Sims nerd, I am getting aquatinted with Sims 4, and I am enjoying it, but Sims 3 is my absolute favourite. Does anyone play The Sims Mobile? It’s a bit repetitive and Izzy and his fashion creations are a bit hit and miss. It’s nice to know that there’s other players out there.

I am a massive Sims nerd, I am getting aquatinted with Sims 4, and I am enjoying it, but Sims 3 is my absolute favourite. Does anyone play The Sims Mobile? It’s a bit repetitive and Izzy and his fashion creations are a bit hit and miss. It’s nice to know that there’s other players out there.
It’s weird I really didn’t enjoy sims3 but I loved 2 and really really enjoy 4.

One of my absolute favourite things to do! Cannot wait for the Country Living pack. Can I ask how you all play your games? Every laptop I’ve ever used it on has been SO slow! Would you recommend any particular laptop?

• Heart
Island Living is one of my favourite expansion packs, the world is beautiful, the gameplay is decent and I really like the build mode/CAS items too ☺ The new interiors pack is good too if you like building, but I think it’s still quite buggy.
I LOVE Island living too. I cannot wait for Cottage Living. I love playing the rags to riches type storylines and the farming and living off the land aspect with this and island living/eco living is so exciting to me. Especially if you've got seasons installed 🥰

One of my absolute favourite things to do! Cannot wait for the Country Living pack. Can I ask how you all play your games? Every laptop I’ve ever used it on has been SO slow! Would you recommend any particular laptop?
To be honest your best bet is a desktop computer. I don’t think laptops are powerful enough for the sims especially when you have expansion packs.

Windenburg and Sam Myshuno are my favourite worlds. Akira is always the father of my children in the game lmao.

Does anyone else use Wicked Whims for the realistic aspects of it like menstruation pregnancy chances and attraction? I can’t be too fussed about the sex part because I hate when I’m trying to get my sim to do something but they’d rather go off to the bathroom and ride Geoffrey Landgraab.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I play on a macbook pro 2018 with quite a lot of expansion packs and it works really well!

I have an ASUS gaming laptop. It’s a few years old now so you could probably get better ones but it runs good. I have all the expansion packs which doesn’t slow it down at all.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.