The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im 30 and bloody love sims. I still play sims 2 and love that one. I never got into sims 3 as the sims dont look right at all. Sims 4 is a weird one, I like the looks of the sims and the worlds but hate how you cant make your own worlds and put lots of any size down where ever you want like in sims 2. The worlds have a small amount of space for new lots and I get bored easily with sims 4 in general. I might start trying it again (I have a few extra packs but can never get into it as much as I have with the sims 2)

Reactions: 7
I feel like with strangerville once you’ve done the quest you’re kind of done, snowy escape I also snowboarded a couple of times but that was it. I LOVE Brindleton bay, the aesthetic is gorgeous, I also really like Britechester, I just wish we were more able to build new lots and worlds - Sims 2 you could do way more decorating of the worlds and changing them.
Brindleton Bay is my favourite world to play in. It’s so pretty! I really wish we could build more on the lots too. Strangerville has a quirky aesthetic but there’s not enough lots to keep it interesting after you’ve completed the quest.

Has anyone done anything with Newcrest? I’ve built a bowling alley there in one of my saves. It would be good if you could build and save that world so it was permanent for every new game rather than going through the same save file every time.

Reactions: 3
38 here and love it. But I didnt play for a week and hubby deleted it to make more memory space for the kid's games 😡😡

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Brindleton Bay is my favourite world to play in. It’s so pretty! I really wish we could build more on the lots too. Strangerville has a quirky aesthetic but there’s not enough lots to keep it interesting after you’ve completed the quest.

Has anyone done anything with Newcrest? I’ve built a bowling alley there in one of my saves. It would be good if you could build and save that world so it was permanent for every new game rather than going through the same save file every time.
I always seem to fill it with restaurant and spas, etc. But I too wish that newcrest would save for every save file

Reactions: 2
I can’t bring myself to buy packs for The Sims anymore, non of them ever seem worth it when you add up the total cost of the base game + expansions. It’s astronomical, EA purposely cut content from the base game only to sell them to us in a pack later on and I’ve had it😂. I use other means 😇
38 here and love it. But I didnt play for a week and hubby deleted it to make more memory space for the kid's games 😡😡
Dump his ass (half joking).

Last edited:
With the sale on at the moment, are there any packs that are (slightly) more worth it with a discount? I’m always wary of the spend…

With the sale on at the moment, are there any packs that are (slightly) more worth it with a discount? I’m always wary of the spend…
I've got cats and dogs which I'd always say get cause dogs are the best 😂

Seasons is good, City Living is different as you can rent apartments rather than buy and the neighbourhoods have events going on and I like the University one for game play but it does get repetitive after a while

Reactions: 2
I've got cats and dogs which I'd always say get cause dogs are the best 😂

Seasons is good, City Living is different as you can rent apartments rather than buy and the neighbourhoods have events going on and I like the University one for game play but it does get repetitive after a while
I think we must be very similar players because these are all the ones I already have! Plus Dine Out which was gifted to me and I neeeeever use.

I don’t find University repetitive as such, more… slow paced? It proportionally takes up so much of a sim’s life to get through their degree!

I think we must be very similar players because these are all the ones I already have! Plus Dine Out which was gifted to me and I neeeeever use.

I don’t find University repetitive as such, more… slow paced? It proportionally takes up so much of a sim’s life to get through their degree!
Ahh great minds 😂 yeah it takes up a lot of time, I will end up cheating a bit and stop aging until they've got their degree and a good job. I do really like it though and felt I got my moneys worth!

I have all the Expansions except Get to Work and Snowy Escapes, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Bowling Night, Laundry Day and Tiny Living. Except University and Dream home I got them all on sale or as a bundle though.

I love watching different youtubers ranking the pack when deciding which ones to get next! 😌

I just watched the trailer for cottage living, it looks lovely! I can see why it wouldn’t be many peoples cups of tea though.
I really wish I had more time to play and get into the expansion packs

Reactions: 1
New user here so hi all, been browsing for a week or so and this thread just drew me in.. used to be a huge simmer, I dip in now and again these days and still when stressed I love building or redecorating existing lots, currently playing sims 4 but was huge into 2 and loved the open world in 3 even co ran a Forum for simscontent for a while. These days I intermittently play, and shockingly, I play vanilla which is a huge switch when in sims 2 my whole game was heavily modded like everything was custom lol

Reactions: 4
Lifelong (well best part of 20 years?) simmer here. I love the game so so much. Recently converted to Sims 4 after a looooot after persuasion as there were things about it I didn’t like but I love it now. Sims 3 was my love for a long time but I don’t think I’d go back to it. Back in the day the pop music radio station on the first game had some great songs! Anyone else remember the Katy Perry pop star pack for Sims 3? That was a good one.

I have the Sims 4 - with Vampires and Career and Get Famous (?) extension packs. But there’s just something about the Sims 4 that makes me not too keen about the game. Maybe I should seriously consider going back to the Sims 3. How are the graphics on your eyes once you’ve played the Sims 4 and returned?

I must admit that I majorly cheat for my sims to have that the best life and I can’t be mean to them or I feel bad 😂😂 I once tried to have a young male sim impregnate all the random townies and have kids but then I had to have him move all his kids in with him to bring em up right lol also always use cheats to makeover the fugly townies and make them stylish. Play in the longest life setting too but move the old folks out so they age and die out of sight 😂😂 I often wonder what my game play style says about me as a human

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love the clothes and furniture in Snowy Escapes. I wish you could lock sims from certain worlds. In my head cannon we’ve moved to Japan but my mum is still knocking on the door every day!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm 37 and only started playing sims 2 years ago 😳 we didn't have a computer when I was a teenager, I feel like I've totally missed out! I have sims 4 with quite a lot of packs but after reading this thread I'm contemplating getting sims 2.

Also looking forward to cottage living.

I have most of the expansions, copious amounts of CC, multiple mods yet play it obsessively for 5 days every 6 months and forget about it.

Anyone else the same?

I'm 37 and only started playing sims 2 years ago 😳 we didn't have a computer when I was a teenager, I feel like I've totally missed out! I have sims 4 with quite a lot of packs but after reading this thread I'm contemplating getting sims 2.

Also looking forward to cottage living.
As sims 2 is nearly two decades old. It more than likely won’t work on your computer. If you do get it to work it will more than likely crash.

• Sad
I have most of the expansions, copious amounts of CC, multiple mods yet play it obsessively for 5 days every 6 months and forget about it.

Anyone else the same?

As sims 2 is nearly two decades old. It more than likely won’t work on your computer. If you do get it to work it will more than likely crash.
theres actually a big sims 2 community online still. You can get a graphics file to replace the one in the game folder that makes it run on new pcs and lots of guides on youtube on how to get it to work well on new pcs. Iv been playing it for years on different laptops/pcs and not had any issues. Only issue is you cant really get it "officially" nowadays. SO its either buy copies on ebay or find them online digitally

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.