The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sims 2 followed by sims 3 are my favs.
Although my favourite expansion pack out of all is sims 4 tiny living - I hate building I usually move into prebuilt homes and instead of cleaning when they get too messy I just move to a new one. Tiny living is great though as it’s just easy builds and helps skills go up faster!
I loved sims 3 university but the sims 4 Uni I dislike.
I also love get sims 4 get famous and sims 3 pets with the horses. I miss the open world in sims 4. My perfect sims would be sims 2 with open world

Reactions: 4
One of my absolute favourite things to do! Cannot wait for the Country Living pack. Can I ask how you all play your games? Every laptop I’ve ever used it on has been SO slow! Would you recommend any particular laptop?
I bought a new laptop at the beginning of lockdown, I just checked the RAM etc you'd need for the sims and it works fine with a few expansion packs as well. It's never crashed/been too slow (touch wood!)

Reactions: 1
I have a 6 year old Acer Aspire V15 and luckily I've never had any issues running the game. It's not even laggy. I have a lot of packs as well, but I don't use any CC, just a few mods. It gets a bit hot so I try not to do super long sessions.

Cottage Living looks amazing, I literally dreamed about it last night. I'm still going to wait until it's on sale.

Reactions: 3
Our laptop is probably about 8 years old now and it still runs the Sims fine with the majority of the packs installed. It does lag a bit at times and the graphics settings aren’t very high, but it runs and it’s playable. It’s good that you don’t need the latest laptop to play even with all the packs you can get. Just a shame the sims can’t keep me hooked for longer than a week before I get bored with it.

I just got done with a week playing the sims. Tried to play it yesterday and just wasn’t feeling it at all yet a few days earlier I was all about it. Sims is a funny old game like that.

Reactions: 10
I’m back on the Sims train in the last couple of weeks but annoyed I missed the packs sale so patiently waiting for the next one. I think Get To Work or Tiny Living might be what I go for… the build/buy in TL is right up my street. Also really want the Dream Home Decorator and Cottage Living buuuuut there is no way I’m paying full price 😅

I’m back on the Sims train in the last couple of weeks but annoyed I missed the packs sale so patiently waiting for the next one. I think Get To Work or Tiny Living might be what I go for… the build/buy in TL is right up my street. Also really want the Dream Home Decorator and Cottage Living buuuuut there is no way I’m paying full price 😅
Humble Bundle has a sale on at the mo. Get to Work is 50% off.

Reactions: 2
I am so buzzing for Cottage Living especially as it’s inspired from the cotswolds which I love and only live an hour from 😭

I got excited and made an England style holiday cottage today, I’ll post a few screenshots below. But you just know when the pack comes out with cottage themed items I’ll end up changing it all. Or just building a new one 🤣

Excuse the last photo lol it’s a pic I took of my computer screen not an actual screenshot. Still more landscaping to do but happy with it so far!

17BADBA5-B298-46C8-B497-DDDF92A6E034.jpeg

FBC7D65E-407C-46FB-9C17-D3D29399C5BA.jpeg

4ED8B413-EA47-4486-8E7B-E26322D56968.jpeg

8197A75F-8384-43C5-8A05-21DD37C332E8.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm really looking forward to when this gets released. Am loving the overviews & lets plays of the pack so far.

Has anyone tried to get back into the sims 2 after years of playing the sims 3? I never had 4 but I recently had the urge to try sims 2 again but worried the lack of open world/customisation is a pain

I don’t play much anymore but the Cottage Living stuff really isn’t getting me that hyped to get back into the game and play

There just doesn’t seem to be an awful lot of gameplay… again. Doing the same tasks with all the animals gets repetitive awfully quickly and outside of that there just doesn’t seem to be a lot there? I remember in Sims 3 I wouldn’t know where to start from because the gameplay aspects had so much to it, and a fair bit of it was left to the player to figure out or otherwise explore. Instead, Sims 4 makes that stuff an aspiration and guides you towards it

Also, I really think that the Sims 4 art style does not suit bigger animals. The cow and llamas just don’t look very good, so I’m not that surprised that they chose not to include horses overall (though I’m sure art style is a very small part of it)

i spend all my time giving townies makeovers, there’s not a single townie in my game rn i haven’t messed with 😂 with the lack of gameplay i find myself in cas & build mode alot. cottage living looks good but it’s not making me want to play, just looks like another average pack everyone will forget about.

i wish they would update the sims 3 & even 2 to make it run on more computers, i miss it so much! the gameplay was amazing.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried to get back into the sims 2 after years of playing the sims 3? I never had 4 but I recently had the urge to try sims 2 again but worried the lack of open world/customisation is a pain
I’ve recently got back into 2 from finding my old copy of base game. I love it for the nostalgia and it has the best facial genetics which suits my gameplay style of keeping generations going but the thing that bugs me is the lack of story progression, so for the ‘story’ in my head to make sense I have to keep hopping between the households to make sure that siblings don’t become vastly different in age etc.

I haven’t tried to build a house on it from scratch either, only modified existing homes, and the ugly furniture and lack of wall/flooring choices did annoy me a bit!

So I tried to get to grips with Sims on the new Xbox.. nope. Given up. It’s not the same as using the Mac/laptop. The Sims is the sort of game you need to sit closely to the computer for, and have a proper mouse and keyboard.

This has been my longest Sims hiatus in a long time 😔

So I tried to get to grips with Sims on the new Xbox.. nope. Given up. It’s not the same as using the Mac/laptop. The Sims is the sort of game you need to sit closely to the computer for, and have a proper mouse and keyboard.

I feel you! I've tried to play it on my husbands Playstation and it's just not the same. Even with a mouse instead of the controller

Definitely not the same! I bought Sims 4 on ps4 ages ago when it was in a sale. Maybe 2 years ago actually! And I've played it maybe 2 or 3 times. It just isn't the same as on pc. That's what has put me off getting two point hospital on ps4 as well as I feel like thats also definitely a game to play on pc haha. I haven't played sims4 for ages on pc either though, I usually play Sims 3.

Reactions: 2
Is it today the Cottage Living pack comes out? I’m piss poor at the minute so I hope it goes on sale soon.

And that I find a big pile of money somewhere.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.