The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lucky, I didn't even mean to kill her or notice her hunger was so low 😭

Haha classic. Were the kids orphaned? I forget what happens then does it just end the game?
Yeah the game just ended. I’m sure I’ve had elderly sims die from woohooing before as well

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They really need to bring back a lot, sims 3 had so much an they keep saying that the sims 4 will be just as much but it never seems like they will do it

Am going wait till they have fixed the age thing, am onto the 7th generation of my family an I've never used cheats cause am trying get the achievements but I'd be disappointed if my sims all aged up especially cause I max out all toddler an child skills before they age

They really need to bring back a lot, sims 3 had so much an they keep saying that the sims 4 will be just as much but it never seems like they will do it

Am going wait till they have fixed the age thing, am onto the 7th generation of my family an I've never used cheats cause am trying get the achievements but I'd be disappointed if my sims all aged up especially cause I max out all toddler an child skills before they age
The Sims 3 definitely had more depth. They just seemed more rounded and I was actually fond of some of them and got sad when they died, whereas in The Sims 4 I am not as attached. There seemed to be just so much more you could do with them too. I would go back to playing it but wonder if I have grown too used to The Sims 4 graphics.

What does everyone think of the new wants / fears update. It does add depth to the characters I think and they seem to be more shaped by the world around them now. It was quite a good update I think.

Reactions: 6
The Sims 3 definitely had more depth. They just seemed more rounded and I was actually fond of some of them and got sad when they died, whereas in The Sims 4 I am not as attached. There seemed to be just so much more you could do with them too. I would go back to playing it but wonder if I have grown too used to The Sims 4 graphics.

What does everyone think of the new wants / fears update. It does add depth to the characters I think and they seem to be more shaped by the world around them now. It was quite a good update I think.
Can you add them to current sims or would I have to restart with a new family?

The Sims 3 was a lot better in the sense that anything could happen. Burglars, random deaths, pregnancy etc. The Sims 4 lacks these
I really miss burglars, seeing one sneak in to steal something random like your toilet and being unable to do anything about it.

Reactions: 6
I haven't tried it yet, too scared to update incase my sims all age up when am not ready, still working on skills for the child sims

When sims 4 was coming out I thought maybe they would have added more realistic features like taking the baby a walk in a pram, taking toddlers out in strollers, couples holding hands etc as well as having all sims 3 stuff

It also surprises me teens can have "woohoo" as well 😂 although I think it's called messing around rather than woohoo, only knew because my last teen had a bf an it gave me the option to mess around when I clicked on the shower but the animations are all the same as when adults woohoo sooooo 😂

Wish we had more news on sims 5 as well, so far it seems maybe a multiplayer mode or a leader board they are adding since they were looking for game designers experienced in multiplaying

Reactions: 1
I loved the wants and fears in Sims 2 (still the best game!) where it really impacted on their experience if something bad happened. I find that when my family get to a certain wealth level and reward trait status where they have a nice job/nice house/high needs they just end up being happy or inspired all the time because their positive moodlets outweigh any sad/uncomfortable/embarrassed ones.

So far the wants are a huge improvement over whims. They aren’t as in depth as say wants and wishes from the previous games though. They only added wants to the base game and I presume the new HS pack. Some of the wants repeat a lot. For example, I have a sim who likes New Age music. Several times a day she rolls a want to listen to that music. Unlike sims 3 wishes though you can’t click the wish away. I believe there is an aspiration reward that lets you wipe it. I found out the hard way she has to fulfill this want by listening to the stereo only. So ear buds don’t count. My Sim gets the wish daily to spend at least 8 hours outdoors as she has the loves outdoors trait. Which makes sense but sometimes it not possible to fulfill as she’s a university student. She did get a want to be friendly to a roommate, I fulfilled that and because they had been mean to each other as the roommate was a pain in the butt, she then got a want to be disliked by the roommate. This made me happy. A sim day later she rolled a want to be friends with him.

The problem with the above in particular the roommate scenario is if you don’t fulfill your sims wants they get a fear of unfulfilled dreams. I’ve had this three times now as I haven’t fulfilled all her wants In any given day. I think the wants are an improvement over whims as they were awful and whilst I feel this gives sims a wee bit more personality it feels kinda rail roading. I see people complain sims 2 wants and fears were restricting but I don’t agree. Yes there were consequences if long term they were fulfilling too many fears and not enough wants but their wants made sense as did their fears. Their fears were logical and related to that sim. I can see all my sims having the same fear of unfulfilled dreams in case I don’t achieve their wants every day. And I know I can turn it off but I don’t want to. I like wants and fears to guide my sim. It’s just right now they are very repetitive.

Reactions: 2
I did an engagement party on Sims 4 yesterday and it had all the wants appear over their heads:

Sim A - Wanted to go on a date with his fiancé.

Sim B - Wanted to give her fiancé a massage.

Sim C - Wanted to go on a date with someone else 😂 and not the guy she’s engaged to.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I updated mine last night and my sims didn't age up but I have aging off so I assume that's why mine was okay!

So far the wants are a huge improvement over whims. They aren’t as in depth as say wants and wishes from the previous games though. They only added wants to the base game and I presume the new HS pack. Some of the wants repeat a lot. For example, I have a sim who likes New Age music. Several times a day she rolls a want to listen to that music. Unlike sims 3 wishes though you can’t click the wish away. I believe there is an aspiration reward that lets you wipe it. I found out the hard way she has to fulfill this want by listening to the stereo only. So ear buds don’t count. My Sim gets the wish daily to spend at least 8 hours outdoors as she has the loves outdoors trait. Which makes sense but sometimes it not possible to fulfill as she’s a university student. She did get a want to be friendly to a roommate, I fulfilled that and because they had been mean to each other as the roommate was a pain in the butt, she then got a want to be disliked by the roommate. This made me happy. A sim day later she rolled a want to be friends with him.

The problem with the above in particular the roommate scenario is if you don’t fulfill your sims wants they get a fear of unfulfilled dreams. I’ve had this three times now as I haven’t fulfilled all her wants In any given day. I think the wants are an improvement over whims as they were awful and whilst I feel this gives sims a wee bit more personality it feels kinda rail roading. I see people complain sims 2 wants and fears were restricting but I don’t agree. Yes there were consequences if long term they were fulfilling too many fears and not enough wants but their wants made sense as did their fears. Their fears were logical and related to that sim. I can see all my sims having the same fear of unfulfilled dreams in case I don’t achieve their wants every day. And I know I can turn it off but I don’t want to. I like wants and fears to guide my sim. It’s just right now they are very repetitive.
I just read if you turn wants/fears on and off it’ll reset them, don’t know how easy it is to do that though

I updated mine yesterday and I haven’t had an issue with ageing up…thank goodness! But, now one of my Sims hates her (level 9!) job and the other just wants to talk about his fears constantly!

I love the fact more is happening with unplayed households, except my Sims mother keeps ringing him to ask if he thinks she should have a baby and his dad has had about 3 more children in the space of a few days with his new wife. I keep having to go to their house to create extra bedrooms for these children

• Haha
I really want to play but don’t want my sims to age up 😭

I thought I had all the expansions but I don’t.
Is cottage living worth it?? I also thought eco living was tiny living - is ex living worth it? As I’ve said before tiny living is my favourite I didn’t realise it was only a stuffs pack, thought it was an expansion.
I’ve just bought the high school pack.
Also forgot sims 4 seasons doesn’t have snow days I miss that from sims 3

Last edited:
So excited to find this thread 😂 31 years old and still living my best Sim life.

Is cottage living worth it?? I also thought eco living was tiny living - is ex living worth it? As I’ve said before tiny living is my favourite I didn’t realise it was only a stuffs pack, thought it was an expansion.
I really rate both Cottage and Eco Living. Love the build/buy mode items and the added gameplay is really decent in my opinion.

Reactions: 5
So excited to find this thread 😂 31 years old and still living my best Sim life.

I really rate both Cottage and Eco Living. Love the build/buy mode items and the added gameplay is really decent in my opinion.
I love them both too.

Reactions: 2

i really like cottage living!
Eco living is okay. I like the candle making and juice fizzing. I don’t use the world Though.

I updated yesterday and mine didn’t age up! Just luck of the draw I guess. I’m so tempted to buy the high school pack, but I want to wait for some reviews first 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.