The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has a update added more interactions between sims? I’m sure there’s new ones I’ve not seen before like ‘encourage sim to do for their dream job’ or ‘discuss life goals’. Also sims are calling more often? Asking me if they should hang out with another sim or go on a date with another, then a few days later they’ll phone like ‘thanks for suggesting I hang out with (name) they are so funny’ or ‘thanks for saying I should go on a date with (name) I think I’m in love’. My sim also got engaged by the woman phoning his kid saying ‘I found a ring in his bag I think he is going to propose should I say yes?’. Also he cheated on her so many times in front of her and she was still best friends with him, they lost their romance but I quickly built it back each time. Annoying thing is I was going to get him to marry her but then he became besties with a global superstar celeb so I ended up getting them two married thinking he’d get famous but he didn’t get any stars. They are divorced now and I don’t know how I move her out

Reactions: 5
My sims never leave the house because I cannot be bothered with the loading screen.
Plus they all have to go to the same location because I can‘t leave them alone without them doing some tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It does my head in on sims 4 when you go to a community lot then you come back and all the other sims are all over the place with their needs all over the place

Reactions: 3
Has a update added more interactions between sims? I’m sure there’s new ones I’ve not seen before like ‘encourage sim to do for their dream job’ or ‘discuss life goals’. Also sims are calling more often? Asking me if they should hang out with another sim or go on a date with another, then a few days later they’ll phone like ‘thanks for suggesting I hang out with (name) they are so funny’ or ‘thanks for saying I should go on a date with (name) I think I’m in love’. My sim also got engaged by the woman phoning his kid saying ‘I found a ring in his bag I think he is going to propose should I say yes?’. Also he cheated on her so many times in front of her and she was still best friends with him, they lost their romance but I quickly built it back each time. Annoying thing is I was going to get him to marry her but then he became besties with a global superstar celeb so I ended up getting them two married thinking he’d get famous but he didn’t get any stars. They are divorced now and I don’t know how I move her out
That came in a couple of months ago, I think they need to sort it out though because you get situations like someone ringing the child, or calling their current spouse to ask if they should marry someone else ... oh dear! They also added stuff so that Sims will autonomously have things going on like deaths, births, marriages, house moves, career changes etc unless you disable it manually

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Omg how do you turn them off for good?!
On reflection I think maybe I’m confusing it with Sims 3 where you could turn the occults and celebrity system off… I probably just don’t do the interactions that turn occults and I haven’t bought the packs that focus on them 😅

I loved Sims 3 open world and the job/school/life missions that you could complete by talking to certain people etc. They have tried to do it with Cottage Living but it just doesn’t work when you have to find the person through visiting other lots/going through the load screen and some of them you have to basically spend days away from home waiting for stupid mushrooms to grow. World Adventures was great for that too, I loved exploring the lots and solving puzzles. I would be happy not to have the colour wheel/unlimited swatches back if it meant we could have open world

Sims 2 genetics will never be beaten, you could really see features that carried through families and the storytelling was so strong. Sims 4 I find their faces do that a bit but something goes really off with the body proportions after a couple of generations and especially if there is a townie involved.

Intrigued by the new pack but will never pay full price. It’s a shame they are so money grabbing and split out basically everything Generations added to TS3 between Wedding Stories, Parenthood and this Teen one.

• Heart
I had my tonsils out recently so decided whilst recovering, I was going to do what I had wanted to do for a while and redo every lot and town in the sims!! I own every game but starwars and thought this was a great time to do it!. I've spent hours playing it and deleting every family and lot, then redoing it from scratch with help of the gallery obvs lol! So far it's looking good but now I just wanna play 😆

Hit a brick wall though as says my sim limit is 200 and if I go to unlimited it may lag the game - I'm only like 8 worlds in too, I don't know whether to risk it or not!!!

Anyway thought I'd share here as I'm just really proud of myself for nearly doing it all (how sad am i) and no one in the real world understands!!! 🥲 anyway happy simming everyone! Looking forward to the highschool pack, seems were getting a load of new base game features too, mobiles, sexual and romantic preferences, rounded walls etc! Can't bloody wait

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Don’t know if anyone has noticed this option, but when you are out and about and have sims at home, you can use the ‘care for self’ option which can limit the chances of them peeing and/or accidentally killing themselves.

Don’t know if anyone has noticed this option, but when you are out and about and have sims at home, you can use the ‘care for self’ option which can limit the chances of them peeing and/or accidentally killing themselves.
i always press that but when I come back their still all over the place with their needs all over the show😅

I didn’t know they could die if you didn’t select care for self. I’ll be making one sim stay at home whilst my other goes on a very long outing tomorrow to test this out 😂

• Haha
My computer crashed yesterday after I did a LOT of stuff in sims and I lost everything and it's the most frustrating thing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My sims never leave the house because I cannot be bothered with the loading screen.
Plus they all have to go to the same location because I can‘t leave them alone without them doing some tit.
The loading screen doesn’t bother me but I find the whole sims day is taken up with work, skills, needs.

i‘m enjoying playing a legacy just now though, my first heir has just got married and his wife is expecting a baby. I’m also using things I have t used before like the robotics station. I’ve grown attached to the heirs brother though and don’t really want to kick him out.

I had a nightmare with a bit of CC messing my game up. I had to move my sim out, and move her back in. Thankfully everything got packed up but it took me hours getting everything back to how it was 😢

FFS! So there must be something in the listening to kids music for multiple birth thing. One of my sims had switched the music channel and she’s just given birth to 2 boys and a girl. Why is this not a 100 baby challenge?! 😂

• Wow
FFS! So there must be something in the listening to kids music for multiple birth thing. One of my sims had switched the music channel and she’s just given birth to 2 boys and a girl. Why is this not a 100 baby challenge?! 😂
Wow I didn’t know this was even a thing! I mainly just play 1-sim families cause I’m too lazy but I might try this haha!

Reactions: 1
I'd immediately have to age them all up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had my tonsils out recently so decided whilst recovering, I was going to do what I had wanted to do for a while and redo every lot and town in the sims!! I own every game but starwars and thought this was a great time to do it!. I've spent hours playing it and deleting every family and lot, then redoing it from scratch with help of the gallery obvs lol! So far it's looking good but now I just wanna play 😆

Hit a brick wall though as says my sim limit is 200 and if I go to unlimited it may lag the game - I'm only like 8 worlds in too, I don't know whether to risk it or not!!!

Anyway thought I'd share here as I'm just really proud of myself for nearly doing it all (how sad am i) and no one in the real world understands!!! 🥲 anyway happy simming everyone! Looking forward to the highschool pack, seems were getting a load of new base game features too, mobiles, sexual and romantic preferences, rounded walls etc! Can't bloody wait
I did this to my game as well, I have every world an pack an have taken stuff from the gallery an redone every single lot into what I wanted so like cinemas, restaurants, parks etc an it's never lagged my game, I also have it as unlimited for sim count, am on the xbox an it's been fine for me doing that, am into my 8th generation of family now

Lol I used to use music an food to cheat for the sex of the baby, now I just leave it but from what I remember apples an alternative music are for a boy an I think strawberrys is a girl, can't remember the music for them 😂

Reactions: 4
I did this to my game as well, I have every world an pack an have taken stuff from the gallery an redone every single lot into what I wanted so like cinemas, restaurants, parks etc an it's never lagged my game, I also have it as unlimited for sim count, am on the xbox an it's been fine for me doing that, am into my 8th generation of family now

Lol I used to use music an food to cheat for the sex of the baby, now I just leave it but from what I remember apples an alternative music are for a boy an I think strawberrys is a girl, can't remember the music for them 😂
I’ll need to try the music and food for sex of baby with my next generation. This one is banned from any more woohoo as 3 toddlers is also super stressful 😂

I’ve tried the console version on PS4 but I can’t work the controls.

Reactions: 2
I’ll need to try the music and food for sex of baby with my next generation. This one is banned from any more woohoo as 3 toddlers is also super stressful 😂

I’ve tried the console version on PS4 but I can’t work the controls.
Oh god, I made the mistake of letting one of mine have woohoo once the baby was a toddler an she ended up having twins, yeah 3 toddlers is hell 😂😂

After that there was no more toddlers till the first was child stage 😂

Am kindi dissapointed that the family tree only shows direct family an doesn't show everything, the first generation I had the kids all marry an kids cause I wanted to see aunts/uncles an cousins all on it but it doesn't quite work

My toddlers finally aged up, that was hard going, I hate playing with toddlers as they’re so broken, you queue up actions and nothing happens. I’m thinking I’ll drag the child stage out until 28th so they can go to high school in the new pack as I caved and pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. Also Father Winter came for Christmas and still hasn’t left, it’s now the day after New Year and he’s still there cleaning up plates, dancing and sleeping in a spare bed. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.