Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Omg! Sul Sul! I love the sims and everything about it. I live vicariously through the sims especially since covid.

Yes this would be the perfect game. I love the open world of Sims 3. Every time I play Sims 4 lately I get bored once my Sim has

Yes same here!! This thread has made me replay my sims 3 again this afternoon😆

If anyone has any gameplay ideas for sims 4 pls suggest as I'm so tired of playing the same game 😩
Have you tried any mods. I can recommend a few as sims 4 is lacking in long term gameplay

Reactions: 4

Ef27

Bustin’ out on the PS2 was amazing! They should bring that format back for the console versions it works so much better.
When I think back to playing sims 2 busting out as a kid it was SO much harder to take care of sims 🤣 my sims used to always miss work in one particular house because of a housemate blocking the door when he was going to work too so I locked him outside in a fenced off area with a bed, toilet and fridge 😂😂

• Haha

lemonlime

VIP Member
oh my god I can’t believe ive never heard of this I need to try this is it for sims 2 or sims 4 ? 😂😍
Sims 4 😂 There are SO many little settings, it can be a bit of a faff but it's good for custom gameplay. You can even make npc sims do things lmao, and if I remember correctly there is like a sub-mod where you can be a prostitute but never tried that myself. 😂 I remember watching a gameplay where the character wascharging customers for sex, it was so funny.

Sims 2 is by far my favourite! I got every expansion pack and stuff pack for free from EA:) I think they are also doing it for the Sims 3 now as well as long as you have the actual disc for it, go to their chat help online and ask them and they will ask you to take a picture of the disc and that days date and send it and then they send you a link to download eeeeeeverything 😍

Sims 4 was bloody awful. I only played it a few times. I never played 3 so can’t compare it to that but I was shocked at how backwards the gameplay had gone. So babyish and basic.
This is lifechanging for me, I must go and find out more :m

• Haha
  • Heart

kittypaws

VIP Member
Out of interest, how old is everyone who plays on the Sims? I’m 28 and have been playing on/off since I was about 11 (right from the beginning with the original Sims). I used to have huge binges and play for most of a day if it got really good. Now I play every few weeks when my kids have gone to bed if there isn’t anything else to do!
I'm the same as you, I'm 28 and played since I was 10. I remember going to WHSmith on the weekend with my parents and being SO excited seeing the expansion packs on the shelf 🤣 Bloody loved Hot Date and On Holiday!!! I watched some throwback videos on youtube the other week and the nostalgia was amazing!

I enjoy playing Sims 4 but it's defo because I can't remember sims 3 lol. I have quite a few mods downloaded which makes it really fun and watch some youtubers which also really gets me into it!

• Heart

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
Cottage Living is one of my favourite packs. One of my Sims got smacked by Agnes Crumplebottom for kissing in front of her stall 😂.

I also like the way foxes let themselves into the house too.

• Haha

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I’m slightly disappointed to learn there’s no cross pack compatibility with the new pack. Sims cant scold or react to their kids getting kicked out of school, they cant ground them for sneaking out. And you cant have club meetings at school.

• Sad

NP

VIP Member
How do you all play? Do you play through the generations? Do you turn off ageing? I tend to create a Sim, play them either solo or maybe they’ll have one kid which I’ll then play through. I find having too many in a family overwhelmingly. I always play rags to riches and never uses mods, CC or cheats. I get a bit bored though when they become super rich. My current play is a judge who earns mega bucks and it gets a big boring when you can afford everything! How I wish I could say that in real life 🤣

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
I’m thinking of downloading the sims again after a couple years, I never really bothered with packs for the sims 4. I was a sims 3 freak, cant let it go 😂 but I am looking into new laptops and have an urge to play, can anyone reccomend the best starter packs?

I’d only really want to buy 1-2 packs as I know I end up getting bored of the sims after a few months, what are the best ones to get that add the most gameplay?

quinzel

VIP Member
Lifelong (well best part of 20 years?) simmer here. I love the game so so much. Recently converted to Sims 4 after a looooot after persuasion as there were things about it I didn’t like but I love it now. Sims 3 was my love for a long time but I don’t think I’d go back to it. Back in the day the pop music radio station on the first game had some great songs! Anyone else remember the Katy Perry pop star pack for Sims 3? That was a good one.

cococookie

Chatty Member
I recently completed the Strangerville Mystery aspiration, I enjoyed it and wish there was other storylines like this in the game. Maybe a murder mystery lol

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I ate some forbidden fruit and now I'm a plant sim. Don't mind it so much but I hate the hair! I take it I can change back with a quick google for cheats? lol
I think it wears off after a while. I just have all the occult options turned off, I’m not interested in having vampires and witches running around and it annoys me how many packs they shove them into 😂

• Haha

custosmorum

Chatty Member
What are everyone's opinions of the high school pack? Is it worth it and what are the best features?
The best features for me are B&B and some of the CAS items. Shocking.
Thrifting is fine, I guess it's something new. Video Game Streamer and Simfluencer careers basically came with City Living in Tech Guru and Social Media career tracks, the difference is, these are teen-oriented.
The "going to class" stuff is...extremely lackluster and kind of pointless. After-school activities are rabbit holes. The carnival attractions are rabbit holes. The Social Bunny app is basically 10 posts that you'll know by heart and get sick of in a day. The events at the auditorium - you'll do them once and then won't bother again. The fact that prom is every week is anti-climactic and the event itself is so short.

In my opinion, I really don't think it's worth it. Unless you really like the art deco aesthetic. Then again, I would never advise on buying the pack solely because you like those two chairs and some bits and bobs.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Robot vacuum has been a life saver for me. I set it to auto clean every 12 hours and then upgrade it so it doesn’t need emptying. Didn’t realise you could turn the dust off, if only you could in real life.

I use cheats to change the plans. The water saving, power saving and ‘sharing is caring’ plans are the worst.

kittypaws

VIP Member
So excited for the new game pack! I dont think I've ever been this excited for one before
Same! Buzzing! I love building and decorating but I'm not overly imaginative so the fact we'll be given requirements is so exciting and the new build items look amazing!

mummy_3

Chatty Member
well after saying I had no problems since update....my sims son who is a child is soulmates with her with a full romance bar.
Never had that issue before. When I loaded the game this morning, they had a pop up about the fast aging glitch so guess alot of people have had it. My sim who loves his mum is now a teen so later I'll be testing some of the high school pack on him.

• Haha

NP

VIP Member
What expansion packs would you recommend getting for The Sims 4? Fancy treating myself to one whilst they're on sale. I already have Go to Work (don't really use but it was fun playing detective for a bit), Cats & Dogs, Seasons and City Living. Quite fancying Dining Out as I always felt that was missing from the game (I think in The Sims 3 you could go to a couple of restaurants?)
Just wanted to echo Island Living. The mermaids are disappointing but the world is beautiful and I love building homes over the sea.
University is alright... gameplay is repetitive but the social events are good and the degrees help you earn a lot of money once you get a job.
I’d recommend Get Together as well. I’m not too fussed about being in a club but the world, Windenburg, that comes with it is gorgeous and has so many useable lots.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Omg the dad in my family died during his sons birthday party 🤣😩 then they were all in moods for days after
Yeah it's not the best birthday they've ever had is it 😂. I think you can adjust how many days each life stage on the game options menu if you think it goes too quickly!

• Haha

Sardine

Chatty Member
My new sim for my country life rags to riches is called Sophia Loft-Hawkes 😝 tried to pick a rich kid sounding name.

She's a girl from a wealthy family whose parents tried to send her to Brichester University to do a degree in medicine but she has other ideas so she ran away! I've added a few of the lot challenges so she has to grow her own produce and trade.

She's started off in Henley on Bagley on the vacant lot and I've got her a few chicken coops and a tiny box house. Looking forward to fully exploring the pack now!

(my farmy cottage didn't work out)

• Heart

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
In the Sims 3 if I remember rightly, the length of the elder life stage was dependent on how many aspirations and wishes you managed to fulfil throughout the other stages? Is Sims 4 different then, and things like fitness affect it instead?
I think it’s similar, living a happy/comfortable life extends the elder phase and achieving the top of the fitness aspiration thingy gives them a ‘long lived’ trait that definitely extends it