Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I couldn't play this game without cheats :LOL: My hubby tells me off for doing it, but the way I see it I am just using the game to its full potential!

Money cheats for example. I want my sims to live nice lives. I am not rich so I play for some escapism, lol.
I am the total opposite, I get bored when they’ve got more money than they need! The amount of times I marry someone into my household and use the splitting households screen to give most of the household funds to the house they are leaving 😂 I do all my building in the unlimited funds mode but then my household have to save up to live there (and I always have to kick out some
Townies who have moved in)

Another thing I think would add to my gameplay is the Sims 2 style career chance cards that had real consequences like getting fired / demoted / promoted. The Sims 4 ones are so bland, tiny changes on the performance scale that don’t have any real impact

Reactions: 4

This.is.me

VIP Member
What cheat codes do people use for The Sims4 or is it just mods? 😂
I use to look on this page. I would use money, skills and career cheats.

https://www.carls-sims-4 guide.com/skills/cheats.php

Spent so much money on sims 4 like the loser that I am 🤣 I had a binge for a few months but haven’t played in over a year now. This thread is making me want to play but I will neglect my own needs for days on end so probably best if I don’t 😂

• Haha

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
Mind you this gets old after a few times, you're always doing the same things, I'm trying to play the sims for fun not to keep working after a 9-5😆
The real 9-5 is bad enough 🤣🤣

I’m swaying towards seasons definitely and either cottage living or university as I quite like the idea of that gameplay but I can imagine they might get old eventually too.

I remember playing city living in a free trial and that was extremely boring after a few days, I had to use story telling to keep me interested. It seems like this is a repeating issue with the sims 4, they never put enough replayable content into the packs! Thinking back to the sims 3 I could of played island living alone for months straight, where did they go so wrong 😵💫

Kaylon8083

Chatty Member
I get confused as to why they use the bathroom sink to wash dishes. The maid tends to wash dishes in there, even though my Sims have a kitchen sink and a dishwasher.

With Get Famous, I really don’t like the react in disgust as they do it to everyone. My current sim even reacts in disgust to her dog. She went to the Stately home place in Windenburg with her parents and all I could hear throughout was “Sul, Sul! Ugh!” Also the celebrity walk is annoying. I also detest Thorne Bailey (Get Famous premade) as he turns up everywhere my Sims happen to be and makes it all about him.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tallieho

New user here so hi all, been browsing for a week or so and this thread just drew me in.. used to be a huge simmer, I dip in now and again these days and still when stressed I love building or redecorating existing lots, currently playing sims 4 but was huge into 2 and loved the open world in 3 even co ran a Forum for simscontent for a while. These days I intermittently play, and shockingly, I play vanilla which is a huge switch when in sims 2 my whole game was heavily modded like everything was custom lol

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
Yeah it's not the best birthday they've ever had is it 😂. I think you can adjust how many days each life stage on the game options menu if you think it goes too quickly!
Ooooh thank you!

I was sad because he was my lothario character and I was trying to get him to get every woman he met pregnant 🤣 I only managed 8 pregnancies

• Haha

mummy_3

Chatty Member
I can see why they took Sims 2 off Origin, I have done little else with my time since I got it working and now am like ‘Sims 4 who?’

free placing items/diagonal placement is probably the only thing I’m missing. Gameplay is sooo much better (was always my fave in the series) and the wants/needs/aspirations was elite level. The best thing is how dated all the clothing and tech in particular are 😂
with cheats you can use quarter tile placement and diagonal placements. Theres a cheat code for everything lol The thing I like most about sims 2 is you can make your own towns and put a lot anywhere. The sims 4 worlds have a few places to put lots down and its not the same.

quinzel

VIP Member
I couldn't play this game without cheats :LOL: My hubby tells me off for doing it, but the way I see it I am just using the game to its full potential!

Money cheats for example. I want my sims to live nice lives. I am not rich so I play for some escapism, lol.

• Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Sims 2 followed by sims 3 are my favs.
Although my favourite expansion pack out of all is sims 4 tiny living - I hate building I usually move into prebuilt homes and instead of cleaning when they get too messy I just move to a new one. Tiny living is great though as it’s just easy builds and helps skills go up faster!
I loved sims 3 university but the sims 4 Uni I dislike.
I also love get sims 4 get famous and sims 3 pets with the horses. I miss the open world in sims 4. My perfect sims would be sims 2 with open world

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I loved the wants and fears in Sims 2 (still the best game!) where it really impacted on their experience if something bad happened. I find that when my family get to a certain wealth level and reward trait status where they have a nice job/nice house/high needs they just end up being happy or inspired all the time because their positive moodlets outweigh any sad/uncomfortable/embarrassed ones.

pearlpotatoxo

Chatty Member
Can’t wait for the new pack it’s the first one I’ve been excited for in aaages! Planning on upgrading my RAM soon though as my mods folder is already 20gb and feel like this pack will bring so many mods!

barrrlohflaughs

Chatty Member
I updated mine yesterday and I haven’t had an issue with ageing up…thank goodness! But, now one of my Sims hates her (level 9!) job and the other just wants to talk about his fears constantly!

I love the fact more is happening with unplayed households, except my Sims mother keeps ringing him to ask if he thinks she should have a baby and his dad has had about 3 more children in the space of a few days with his new wife. I keep having to go to their house to create extra bedrooms for these children

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’m thinking of downloading the sims again after a couple years, I never really bothered with packs for the sims 4. I was a sims 3 freak, cant let it go 😂 but I am looking into new laptops and have an urge to play, can anyone reccomend the best starter packs?

I’d only really want to buy 1-2 packs as I know I end up getting bored of the sims after a few months, what are the best ones to get that add the most gameplay?
Seasons, University Living & cottage life i’d say. they are my three favs

Has a update added more interactions between sims? I’m sure there’s new ones I’ve not seen before like ‘encourage sim to do for their dream job’ or ‘discuss life goals’. Also sims are calling more often? Asking me if they should hang out with another sim or go on a date with another, then a few days later they’ll phone like ‘thanks for suggesting I hang out with (name) they are so funny’ or ‘thanks for saying I should go on a date with (name) I think I’m in love’. My sim also got engaged by the woman phoning his kid saying ‘I found a ring in his bag I think he is going to propose should I say yes?’. Also he cheated on her so many times in front of her and she was still best friends with him, they lost their romance but I quickly built it back each time. Annoying thing is I was going to get him to marry her but then he became besties with a global superstar celeb so I ended up getting them two married thinking he’d get famous but he didn’t get any stars. They are divorced now and I don’t know how I move her out
That came in a couple of months ago, I think they need to sort it out though because you get situations like someone ringing the child, or calling their current spouse to ask if they should marry someone else ... oh dear! They also added stuff so that Sims will autonomously have things going on like deaths, births, marriages, house moves, career changes etc unless you disable it manually

• Haha