Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

quinzel

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like playing Cottage Living is making them feel guilty about eating meat? I keep thinking of my cow and chickens. Maybe it will turn me vegetarian.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Sims 2 is by far my favourite! I got every expansion pack and stuff pack for free from EA :) I think they are also doing it for the Sims 3 now as well as long as you have the actual disc for it, go to their chat help online and ask them and they will ask you to take a picture of the disc and that days date and send it and then they send you a link to download eeeeeeverything 😍

Sims 4 was bloody awful. I only played it a few times. I never played 3 so can’t compare it to that but I was shocked at how backwards the gameplay had gone. So babyish and basic.

• Wow

NP

VIP Member
Oh my goodness I'm so excited to have found this thread! I will have a read through the previous 17 pages but just wanted to say hello!
I started playing the original Sims when it first came out back in 2000 when I was 15/16 years old! I'm now a 37-year old mum and I am still a Sims lover :D
I'm obssessed with downloading custom content ... my sims always have beautiful farmhouse style homes, I just can't help it! Do any of you have a 'sims style'?
I love the decor in the Cats & Dogs pack so most of my Sim’s homes have that cosy sort of look, but I also really like the retro style in the Get Famous pack so some of my homes have that style. I tend to decorate depending on the personality of my Sim which sounds really sad 😆

• Heart

rlouisep9

VIP Member
There's also a new in-game story progression feature now. It sounds like they're planning to flesh it out more, but for now sims that are not in your household can autonomously move, die, have babies, get pets, change jobs or retire. You can fine tune these for each individual household. Not as wild as MCCC but it's fun.
I like this addition but I find other households just adopt or have loads of children constantly. Trying to find an eligible bachelor sim and they've all adopted 3 kids and 2 dogs

HelloStereo

VIP Member
This thread keeping popping up us made me really want to go play the sims! I binged okay it a few days then don’t pay for months. I have all the expansion on packs but turn off the vacation one as it’s annoying. I really miss the open world of sims 3. My fav sims 3 pack was university but sims 4 just isn’t as good - eco pack is my fav sims 4 pack. This new pack looks good!
Me too. The Sims 3 seemed so much more interactive and I loved how my sims seemed to have a life outside of the home. Like the dad would be busking in the central park in the evenings while the kid would be playing around a friend's house. I have never been able to get into the Sims 4 as much because it seems more isolating in terms of gameplay.

Looking forward to this new expansion pack. You know it will mean you can play your teen sims at school but have no idea what the other members of the household are doing though.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Oh my goodness. Has anyone heard of the wicked whims mod? Reddit persuaded me to install it and wow the innocence of The Sims is gone. I feel violated lol
I really like the period aspect of it and how there’s fertile windows, I also like the attractive preferences. But it annoys me when you’re in a lot and NPCS decide to just start riding in the toilets.

rachelpixiedust

Oh my goodness I'm so excited to have found this thread! I will have a read through the previous 17 pages but just wanted to say hello!
I started playing the original Sims when it first came out back in 2000 when I was 15/16 years old! I'm now a 37-year old mum and I am still a Sims lover :D
I'm obssessed with downloading custom content ... my sims always have beautiful farmhouse style homes, I just can't help it! Do any of you have a 'sims style'?

Me waiting for Cottage Living to be on sale rather than paying full price because I'm currently buying an actual real life house and can't use motherlode for it
I’m in the same boat, except instead of buying a house, I’m just broke! (And cdkeys was only like a 9 euro discount 😞)
The jealousy I feel in this thread reading about others chickens 😂😂
Come on autumn sale 🤞

NP

VIP Member
You’re all making me want to play Sims 3 right now! It looks a bit shit on my laptop even though it’s a fairly new gaming laptop. Especially when I’m so used to Sims 4 graphics. But I could probably live with that for the sake of open world play and colour customising almost every item.

I love Cottage Living, the aesthetics, the living off the land, the errands for neighbours, but like every pack I’ve got bored of it very quickly. It feels like you’re still doing the same old, same old. I think I’ve played Sims 4 for so long I’m just a bit bored at the moment. I’ve had Sims that have completed collections, completed most of the aspirations, done the Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure, become a millionaire. I feel like there’s no goal to aim for at the moment other than what I’ve already done before. Maybe I need to do one of those crazy challenges like have 100 babies!

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Omg I used to hate it when social services came! They'd literally come if the baby started crying and your Sim didn't wake up and get out bed quick enough

HowlOwl

VIP Member
I did play the app version forever! - but I weaned myself off it as I got tired of cleaning up their swimming pools. (I play some ridiculous gem matching game now that has been on the phone for years, is entirely predictable, has 4,000 levels, probably most of which are repeated, and I still play it!)

Jdottt13

Ah I love the sims, 3 is the one I still currently play I didn’t get on with 4 and I like the open world of 3 as it’s easy to have lots of generations of the same family. Used to play sims 2 as a teenager too. I’m 25 now and started replaying 3 during the first lockdown in the evenings when toddler went to bed haha. Played it up until end of august when I had my second baby 👶🏼 But it’s a game I’ll always dip in and out of when I can - only problem is I get so into it I forget to talk to my fiancé next to me on the sofa 😂😂

• Heart

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
This thread has made me so nostalgic! Played since the first release of Sims 1 all the way through and still go through bursts of obsession with it, although I do find Sims 4 is simultaneously a time drain with no real engaging gameplay?!

Sims 2 will forever be my favourite, I would love to be able to play it again. Will have to go searching through the loft at my parents’ house in the hope that the discs are still there, I wish it was available to buy as a download but they won’t do it while they want Sims 4 to be their money maker... it will make everyone realise how bad it is in comparison!

Lara98

Chatty Member
There’s bits of each pack I like so I’d be scared to turn them off haha. What I do like about Sims 4 is it’s a lot easier to keep pets as they can do their own thing. They were a bit too much responsibility in Sims 3. My roommate at the moment keeps making white cake and it’s so annoying. Anyone know what causes this?
The only thing about pets I don't like is uou can't see whata wrong with them. Would be good to see their levels of hunger, attention, sleep etc instead of having you sat there guessing!

Cutiepie

I have found my people! I love love love the sims! I have a 19 month old son so finding time to play can be tricky but when I get going I can play for hours!!

Belulah

VIP Member
Recently downloaded TS4 and a tonne of expansions. Such a nice way to unwind. I’m obsessed with the decor from Jungle adventure!

• Heart