The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PXL_20231107_172108741.MP~2.jpg

gave my show cocker spaniel her ears brushed the other day and she tripped back to the 80s😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just been reading stories on line about folks having to give up their dogs cos of cost of living and vet bills, my heart breaks for them, I don't have insurance on my dog, but he needed an operation last year, which we wouldn't of been able to claim on insurance, it was over £500, had to pay it before I saw my boy, that fuckin sucked.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Omg, that face! Like butter wouldn't melt, is she more settled now?
Yes, getting better, she likes short walks then sleeps for hours & repeat.
Very stubborn character, but is definitely more relaxed, sometimes sleeps til 7am now too, which is f*****g lovely 😁
All her baldy bits due to lying on hard floors have got all fluffy now too, I was just thinking about all the other poor Greys stuck in the rescue place we got her from, especially during this recent cold weather, sad.
She's happy as larry tbh
20231115_191043.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes, getting better, she likes short walks then sleeps for hours & repeat.
Very stubborn character, but is definitely more relaxed, sometimes sleeps til 7am now too, which is f*****g lovely 😁
All her baldy bits due to lying on hard floors have got all fluffy now too, I was just thinking about all the other poor Greys stuck in the rescue place we got her from, especially during this recent cold weather, sad.
She's happy as larry tbh
View attachment 2616064
Ah she looks so contented, it's awful to think about other dogs needing homes, id have another if I could, but my boy missed the last one ( and that one broke my heart) we've tried, hasn't worked, he's snugged next to me now, that's taken a while for him to be like this.
---
This is our little pickle.

View attachment 2616014
That pickle is soo cute!

Reactions: 1
Oh I remember him from the puppy thread, very handsome boy. How old is he now?
Thankyou, he definitely loves posing for the cameras 😂, he is coming up for 14 months now. He still has his moments but definitely calming down and hopefully the witching hour is becoming a thing of the past

• Heart
Reactions: 2
IMG_5365.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg

posted on the puppy thread but thought I’d post here aswell. Ruben 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good first night, slept in his crate alone all night downstairs and didn’t cry once. Also had a few naps in it without any fuss (when we ate & after play). Also didn’t go the toilet in his crate and was in there 6 hours over night, went outside once I put him out this morning 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey guys!
After a little advice... our 18 month old has started to growl/grumble at other male dogs when he's at daycare (completely out of the blue, he's never done it before.) He only goes in once a week when both myself and partner have to work away from home.
I've also noticed that when we are out on walks now, he will lie down when we pass other dogs and then jump/pull towards them as they come past. He always seems so excited to play with other dogs and can get quite overwhelmed/excitable very quickly.
The trainers at his daycare think it is a hormonal thing and we've just moved house so his routine has been a bit all over the place.
Does anyone have any advice on how to work with him around other dogs, especially on walks? I would love to get him to a point where he is ignoring them and playing with other dogs when it is allowed. I don't want him to jump towards the wrong dog and get hurt or anything like that.
Any advice would be much appreciated

Someone here might have some amazing advice but personally see a behaviourist ASAP for help with how to nip the behaviour in the bud. I’m a reactive rescue dog mum, full blown reactivity is so stressful to manage, so I wouldn’t wanna take any chances if I were you. The reactive dog sub on reddit is really helpful too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey guys!
After a little advice... our 18 month old has started to growl/grumble at other male dogs when he's at daycare (completely out of the blue, he's never done it before.) He only goes in once a week when both myself and partner have to work away from home.
I've also noticed that when we are out on walks now, he will lie down when we pass other dogs and then jump/pull towards them as they come past. He always seems so excited to play with other dogs and can get quite overwhelmed/excitable very quickly.
The trainers at his daycare think it is a hormonal thing and we've just moved house so his routine has been a bit all over the place.
Does anyone have any advice on how to work with him around other dogs, especially on walks? I would love to get him to a point where he is ignoring them and playing with other dogs when it is allowed. I don't want him to jump towards the wrong dog and get hurt or anything like that.
Any advice would be much appreciated
Is he castrated? Might be a dominance thing if he’s still intact

Reactions: 1
@Bobby Chariot how's your lovely girl getting on?
My boy is knackered, weeks of bad weather and just walking him isn't enough, the last few days, loads of ball flicking and footy in a field near us, this is what he wants!!