The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Bobby Chariot how's your lovely girl getting on?
My boy is knackered, weeks of bad weather and just walking him isn't enough, the last few days, loads of ball flicking and footy in a field near us, this is what he wants!!
Highs & Lows, such a beautiful dog but very troubled, god only knows what has gone on while she was a racer.
Still very wary of me, she has also growled/snapped at my wife & me too, she is definitely trying to adjust, she's very intelligent, loves a 10 minute play with her toys, loves lying around dozing next to a radiator, but even after her meals she will come & stand in front of you with her head bowed, quite sad.
A few weeks back we were on the verge of calling a Greyhound sanctuary place to put her into foster with folk who are maybe more experienced with behaviours, but we would hate to see her go tbh, especially to a kennel life again.
Greyhounds deserve a good life.
Patience is the key I guess.

20231201_104853.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Bobby Chariot oh I'm sorry to hear this, bless her, she does have problems, and I know you both have tried everything to make her settle, I really hope it works out for all of you, from your posts on here, you're more than experienced enough, really hope it works out xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Bobby Chariot oh I'm sorry to hear this, bless her, she does have problems, and I know you both have tried everything to make her settle, I really hope it works out for all of you, from your posts on here, you're more than experienced enough, really hope it works out xx
Thanks, not sure though, she is very hard work at times, nothing like our previous Greys.
We have to take her into the garden on lead, for the toilet, because if you just open the back door & let her out she will dig, I mean dig.... to Australia in 60 secs lol....and then eat anything she digs up.
We are going to give it until the end of January, see how things are & weigh things up because it's kind of affecting our work/life/sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks, not sure though, she is very hard work at times, nothing like our previous Greys.
We have to take her into the garden on lead, for the toilet, because if you just open the back door & let her out she will dig, I mean dig.... to Australia in 60 secs lol....and then eat anything she digs up.
We are going to give it until the end of January, see how things are & weigh things up because it's kind of affecting our work/life/sleep.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that, I know how you're feeling, it's hard having a difficult dog, you need to make that decision for you and your wife x

We went to an enclosed "run free" field for 30 minutes off lead, well 2 or 3 circuits and she was done.
😁
Made a nice video of hound running but it's too big to upload.
20240127_093140.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Took my pup to a puppy party at a doggy daycare the other day. He just spent him time running from person to person, avoiding the other dogs and mainly sitting on some children’s knees 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
She looks so happy! We have hired one a few times with our pup, they're fab to give them a chance to really let off steam
We try to take her every Saturday for a run now, definitely helps, she usually sleeps all afternoon & evening afterwards.
Greyhounds run smiling
😁

Another trip to a run-free field today, man she was so happy running around crazy.
20240203_093256.jpg

Let me through that fence too 😁
20240203_093002.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We try to take her every Saturday for a run now, definitely helps, she usually sleeps all afternoon & evening afterwards.
Greyhounds run smiling
😁
That's really good, so nice when you can go somewhere, let the dogs of their leads to run free without the worry of meeting other dogs or running off!

That's really good, so nice when you can go somewhere, let the dogs of their leads to run free without the worry of meeting other dogs or running off!
It's £6 for a 30 minute time slot, allowed up to 4 of your own dogs, the field's are usually 1 acre in size & very secure.
We used to take our last hound to one, they are a great idea.
Next Saturday we're going to one with hurdles, big tyres & a see-saw, can't see her doing any agility stuff though lol 😁

Private fields are a godsend! I have some near me that are acres of fenced moorland with trails winding through at £5 for an hour. My rescue rarely runs but loves to sniff and they’re amazing for her.

It's £6 for a 30 minute time slot, allowed up to 4 of your own dogs, the field's are usually 1 acre in size & very secure.
We used to take our last hound to one, they are a great idea.
Next Saturday we're going to one with hurdles, big tyres & a see-saw, can't see her doing any agility stuff though lol 😁
They are great aren't they, you'll have to tell us how she gets on with the agility stuff, my collie wouldn't entertain them, he's to ball obsessed id end doing the running, not good with dodgy knees!!
Private fields are a godsend! I have some near me that are acres of fenced moorland with trails winding through at £5 for an hour. My rescue rarely runs but loves to sniff and they’re amazing for her.
We've got the same near me, when I had 2 boys (both had been attacked by other dogs) they were a godsend to, just to have them enjoying themselves freely, if I ever won a lot of money, id buy a place where I could do this.

Reactions: 3
I really miss having 2 dogs and our boy is missing out on having a mate, so I've just sent a couple applications to re-home, it's a crossbreed, or a Heinz 57 !! I want our boy to be able to meet and see how they get on, but will have to wait and see if the rehoming place think we're acceptable first.

• Heart
d0480182-d75a-4d3e-b11b-f9e82aec43ef.jpeg
This is Bernie, our cockapoo. He’s a bit anxious, which presents itself as reactivity to other dogs, so he’s currently on some meds and we’re working through it with the help of a behaviourist. He does manage to go out with a dog walker though and has some doggy friends 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My rescue is reactive, it’s really tough. Bernie looks like a good boy ❤
View attachment 2778094This is Bernie, our cockapoo. He’s a bit anxious, which presents itself as reactivity to other dogs, so he’s currently on some meds and we’re working through it with the help of a behaviourist. He does manage to go out with a dog walker though and has some doggy friends 🧡

• Heart