The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
70D6B972-24FE-46C8-944B-E806C1E95291.jpeg
Here is my beautiful (and scary looking!) British shorthair hair cat Mimi. She looks terrifying but she’s the sweetest. Never bit or scratched me. Only a big ball of fluff 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 20
05B4289D-4A94-4A27-ACC6-B24EB422F1A5.jpeg

1441332F-B176-4D2B-B34B-3787A70E5568.jpeg

This is my cat Donny. I adopted him from a shelter last year. He’s 14 years old and blind 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My cat keeps eating moths. Is this going to hurt him? My friend said that moths are like chocolate to cats!!
its also kind of difficult to stop him doing it, because my house is surrounded by fields, and is semi rural. Anyone else have cats who do this? Xx

how is it having a blind cat? do they have other good senses?
I think it does depend on the individual cat but I’ve had no problems with him. I live alone in an apartment so I think it’s an ideal situation for him, very quiet and organised. When he’s somewhere new it takes him a few minutes to get his bearings and then he’s fine. The bonus is that he never jumps on any counters! He can easily jump onto the couch and bed though. He does meow quite a bit which is apparently common in blind cats because they’re trying to find out where you are. He doesn’t love being picked up because obviously when you put them down in another spot it’s confusing. I always keep his bowls and litter tray in the same spot and try not to leave stuff laying around in his way.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My cat keeps eating moths. Is this going to hurt him? My friend said that moths are like chocolate to cats!!
its also kind of difficult to stop him doing it, because my house is surrounded by fields, and is semi rural. Anyone else have cats who do this? Xx
apparently some kind of thing in feathers has something that cats need (I read earlier in this thread about this - which is why people don't receommend making homemade catfood) so could it be the same with moths? My cat is constantly catching flies somehow and bringing in bird feathers)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
apparently some kind of thing in feathers has something that cats need (I read earlier in this thread about this - which is why people don't receommend making homemade catfood) so could it be the same with moths? My cat is constantly catching flies somehow and bringing in bird feathers)
Ah, well that would make sense.. He’s got a vets appointment coming up, and I’ll let the vet know, but he doesn’t seem to have any ill effects from doing it, so maybe I’m overreacting (as usual) 😂
Thanks for replying 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've never heard of moths being dangerous to cats 🤔 and I just Googled it and Google says it's safe for them, no harm done!

Speaking of cats eating potentially dangerous things, my cat ate a whole live wasp once, just casually, and was absolutely fine 😂 i was stood there like "noooo 😱" waiting for him to swell up from a sting but he just went on his merry way!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
View attachment 507606Here is my beautiful (and scary looking!) British shorthair hair cat Mimi. She looks terrifying but she’s the sweetest. Never bit or scratched me. Only a big ball of fluff 🥰
wooow what a beauty 😍 mine is also a grumpy looking british shorthair but is actually a sweetheart and never ever bit or scratched ❤

View attachment 507612
View attachment 507613
This is my cat Donny. I adopted him from a shelter last year. He’s 14 years old and blind 🥰
ohhhh the shrimp position 😍😍😍 he looks like such a healthy and happy boy

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've never heard of moths being dangerous to cats 🤔 and I just Googled it and Google says it's safe for them, no harm done!

Speaking of cats eating potentially dangerous things, my cat ate a whole live wasp once, just casually, and was absolutely fine 😂 i was stood there like "noooo 😱" waiting for him to swell up from a sting but he just went on his merry way!
I feel so silly for even asking about moths, but im an overprotective fur momma (and horse momma) that’s my excuse anyway 😬😂
Gosh, eating a live wasp?!!! I would have been the same as you, standing there like “Oh noooooooo”!!
Thank goodness he was ok!! I’m sure cats look at us humans sometimes and think “Get a grip ffs” 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
My first cat was black. He was the only one left, no one wanted him :(
awww good that you found him!! i think black cats are juuust stunning

mine has done it a few times! she'll eat moths and flies the chubster but she's always fine and it shouldn't be harmful for them 😍

oh my gosh mine ate a wasp once as well and i was also waiting for her to swell up! 😂 crazy babies they'll eat anything once they're in the hunting mood

• Heart
awww good that you found him!! i think black cats are juuust stunning

mine has done it a few times! she'll eat moths and flies the chubster but she's always fine and it shouldn't be harmful for them 😍

oh my gosh mine ate a wasp once as well and i was also waiting for her to swell up! 😂 crazy babies they'll eat anything once they're in the hunting mood
It’s the little chirping noises he makes before catching them that makes me laugh, but he then gives me a dirty look ( cats hate being laughed at imo) Im just an unpaid servant to ALL my pets, but especially to my cat 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
113A85C5-92C5-434B-B7BA-582B98D52AB7.png

That’s my first cat, he hated all dogs but loved Thea
He was honestly the best. He had bright yellow eyes. I got him as a child and he’d let me dress him up and push him around in dolls prams etc

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.