The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello cat people, I am looking for some cat related advice. My neighbours have an indoor cat which they let out into their yard occasionally and now the weather is nice it has transpired that their cat is coming into our yard on her daily outings and using our vegetable patch as a litter tray 😩. Can anyone suggest a way of preventing this?!
putting something citrus scented in/near it, cats hate citrus!

Reactions: 5
@emm @DCICassieStuart thank you both! It came up on my google search but it’s good to know it’s not an old wives’ tale!
It does work. I have a cat myself and there are about 4 or 5 others around here too. My neighbour has a sandpit for her kids and like that, one (or more, she wasn't sure) of the cats was using it as a litter tray so obviously she didn't want to let the kids play in it anymore.
I said it to her about the citrus and she just throws the peel from any oranges out there and the remains of lemons and limes when she uses them in cooking.

Reactions: 3
welcome! of course the alternative would be to get a cat yourself that would act as a big deterrent for other cats :LOL:
I would love a cat but I’m allergic! I think the previous owners had a dog which might explain why it’s suddenly started happening 😄

My boy is obsessed with remotes and controllers. He thinks he’s my son and always has paw touching a TV or PS4 controller. All our cat pics are like this 😍🤣
1F1B023A-43D0-4973-8986-25A7D4880125.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.