Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LouBug19

VIP Member
If everything goes to plan I will be bringing my new fur baby home on the 1st April!! I cannot wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

FloellaB

Chatty Member
Thanks everyone, she had had heart and thyroid problems but they were well controlled with meds (feels so weird saying it past tense). But this morning she just didn’t seem herself and then she stared having seizures so rushed her to the vets and they couldn’t get it under control. When they stopped it seemed like she was left blind and potentially brain damaged.

My heart is utterly broken. I’m supposed to be in work tomorrow in the office and have a meeting scheduled for 730am. I asked my bosses if we could do it online after what’s happened and didn’t even get a single email response. I’m scared of going to bed given she’s spent every night of the last 15 years on my bed and I’m scared of waking up as she was the one demanding I get up and make breakfast. What would you do? Would you try and make the meeting online despite being heartbroken and possibly hungover or just ring in sick and tell them where to go? My eyes have swollen so much that my Face ID doesn’t recognise me
I would call in sick. If you don’t feel comfortable saying it’s due to your loss then say you are off sick due to an awful headache / migraine. Or sickness. Grief and crying can cause terrible headaches and vomiting, which companies may see as more ‘proper’ reasons to be off sick (not condoning this attitude, just stating a fact).

• Heart

ScotsWildCat

...sunshine after the rain...Evie...
View attachment 2876199
New to the thread but thought you would all appreciate my boy, Captain Ewen Montagu, Naval Intelligence (Monty for short). We adopted him 6 months ago and named him after our favourite musical so he got saddled with not just a name but also a title and MI5 duties 😂
...love this...my sister had a cat who visited her house who they christened Wing Commander Dougie, after Douglas Bader, as his markings on his face looked like one of those wartime moustaches...

Attachments

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
IMG_20240611_133646_edit_255515160581278.jpg

Meanwhile no more crocheting for me whilst Loki tests the almost completed blanket for comfort. He gives it10/10. I, however, am sweltering under the weight and heat of them both!

• Heart
  • Haha

emm

VIP Member
This came up on my FB memories today, taken 7 weeks after we'd adopted Merry and her brother Loki. They're nearly 9 and Merry still likes to be cuddled like this 😍. View attachment 2910560
Cats never change from kittens do they, my little boy loved sitting on my neck as a kitten when he was tiny, now he's grown up and ooesnt get that he doesn't quite fit but still tries 🤣

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
To put some cheer into Monday, here's a pic of Loki 5 years ago. We'd had him and his sister for a month and he needed 12 teeth extracting hence the shaved right leg ❤.
Screenshot_20240408_083026.jpg

• Heart

~vix~83~

VIP Member
image.jpg
I got this for free from a local page…didnt think she’d use it but she loves it!
she now has 4 beds in the lounge 🙈🤣

• Heart

TheCat'sMother

Chatty Member
I just love seeing everyone's cat pictures, they make me so happy.

I have recently retired, so now that I have time, I am now going to start at the beginning of thread #1 I will no longer be a lurker!

Looking forward to a lovely weekend getting to "know" them all.

Not sure how to post my cat picture. I'm not at all technical, but will ask my grandson to help next time he's over.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I can’t be without a cat. I love them so much.
Same here, Ive had my own cats since I was 4 years old.
When I met my husband he didn't really like cats, he wouldn't hurt one but just hadn't spent time with them. Now he has his own cat, Thor, seen here in pretzel formation.
1716580601218.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

NoddyFromToytown

Thanks everyone, she had had heart and thyroid problems but they were well controlled with meds (feels so weird saying it past tense). But this morning she just didn’t seem herself and then she stared having seizures so rushed her to the vets and they couldn’t get it under control. When they stopped it seemed like she was left blind and potentially brain damaged.

My heart is utterly broken. I’m supposed to be in work tomorrow in the office and have a meeting scheduled for 730am. I asked my bosses if we could do it online after what’s happened and didn’t even get a single email response. I’m scared of going to bed given she’s spent every night of the last 15 years on my bed and I’m scared of waking up as she was the one demanding I get up and make breakfast. What would you do? Would you try and make the meeting online despite being heartbroken and possibly hungover or just ring in sick and tell them where to go? My eyes have swollen so much that my Face ID doesn’t recognise me

• Heart

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Oh bugger,bugger,didn’t realise new thread,so sorry Bugger again.before I read all posts had to put this here,this figure which is in the National Gallery in London,has been put forward to be the fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square let’s hope it’s wins.😻

855026-BB-AD72-45-D5-8898-CDB9442-B72-FE.jpg

---
Phew I’ve caught up now,oooh so sorry I missed the fred,it’s soo lovely seeing pics of furbabes.😻❤

Last edited:
  • Heart

aidil

VIP Member
I’ve been offline for a few days and just seen the
news @MaineCoonMama 💔😭 I’m so sorry for what you’re going through and hope you’re okay, Pooh was such a lucky guy to be so adored by you. And he was such a handsome gentleman
too, I always loved the photos of him lounging around 😟 Sending so much love to you and the other kitties, we’re all here for you 💖

Also sending love to you @NoddyFromToytown - Sleek was a stunner and I can’t imagine how you’re feeling 💔 I would definitely phone in sick, I wish employers would understand how much pet bereavement can affect us all. They’re family to us! You’re in the right place, we all understand 💖

• Heart