Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
does anyone else feel like the pied piper at times? My cat Freddy follows me round most of the time- doesn’t matter how often I get up he moves with me. I can’t remember the last time I managed to go to the toilet on my own whilst at home either 😂

as for human food - Freddy is mad for dairy products. I have caught him “ cleaning” a bowl that I have had yogurt in ( I like yogurt bowls for breakfast) . I had basically left it next to the sink and left the room for 5 mins and he is busy licking the remnants. He also really likes cheese and will often try and snaffle tiny bits when he thinks im not looking.

i recently gave him some apple and he sampled
Some but don’t think he was that keen as he didn’t eat it all.
---
One of his fave sleeping spots ( he has two other beds in the living room but this seems to be his favourite )

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Beverley macca

VIP Member
Aw Portugal has so many strays but was glad to see there are organisations neutering them and taking care of them, hopefully there won't be as many eventually.
Yeah its very sad. They're such beautiful healthy cats where I feed them. I'd just love to take them home but where they're living is the best of both worlds. They have the freedom and also get the petting they also love. 😊🥰

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
How are the other cats coping? ❤
They're not sure why they can't find him. Thor keeps looking in the room they play in, it's hard to tell what Susan might be thinking but I'd say she's missing him. They used to play together every day.

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
Haha! Just for you, dear Dolly, baby Susan joining in.
View attachment 2838319
Susan and Thor are hilarious! 🤣 They should all set up an OnlyPaws account seeing as they’re such exhibitionists! 🤣

But I imagine she (and you) had 7 years of happiness and love

Also.. maybe this is a grim question, I wa wondering what people did with their litte feline over ones when they pass on? A friend just had hers cremated and has an urn, we had cats die when I was a child and I have no idea what happened to them. Insaw a video th other day ofnsomeone who had hers taxidermied... not sure what I will do
I’ve luckily not had to go through this yet but I’ve always liked the idea of using their ashes in jewellery so I could have them close to me. I’ve seen a lot of pet owners at my work do that and there are some beautiful options 💖 But I also love the idea of tattoos like @MaineCoonMama!

I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo for Pico for a bit! He’s actually called Picasso and I found a doodle of a cat that Pablo Picasso did! Would love this inked on me 😁

1711489290112.png

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
My two remaining cats never cuddle together but right now they're sleeping next to one another. Progress! It was always Pooh cuddling up to either Thor or Susan, now he's gone I was hoping they'd get on a bit better as they are half-siblings (same father.)
I wish I could take a photo but they're on the bed and my husband is sleeping off a headache so I can't put the light on.
They look very cute though.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
But I imagine she (and you) had 7 years of happiness and love

Also.. maybe this is a grim question, I wa wondering what people did with their litte feline over ones when they pass on? A friend just had hers cremated and has an urn, we had cats die when I was a child and I have no idea what happened to them. Insaw a video th other day ofnsomeone who had hers taxidermied... not sure what I will do
I have my old girl Persia's ashes in a wooden box with her brush and favourite ball. I also have her and my old boy's kitten photos tattooed.
1711471025372.png

• Heart

~vix~83~

VIP Member
I’d call in sick, it’s a death of a loved one, pet bereavement is so underrated, and affects you. People who don’t own pets do not understand, it’s a member of the family not just a pet! Sending you lots of love.

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
Screenshot_20240623_193612.jpg
my big boy Loki, captured on our front camera shading himself, sadly what the camera doesn't show is the indignant, chittering blackbird dancing around him
Luckily, loki has no fangs and few teeth so has no interest in catching him. Plus it's too hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥.

• Heart

FloellaB

Chatty Member
I’ve literally just shared beef burger with my boy. He was sleeping near me and woke up with a cute noise… like this (not my video)
---

• Heart
Reactions: 9

susan1375

Chatty Member
All the cats on this thread are gorgeous and are so lucky to have such devoted owners/slaves.
I reached peak slave status today. I gave Lily her tea and went off to do some work (browse tattle). Heard an anguished cry. Rushed to see if she was okay, she was sat smirking by her dish wanting seconds! Couldn’t be bothered to come and find me, I had to come to her!

• Haha

~vix~83~

VIP Member
IMG_3179.jpeg
We had our 2 yr old niece stay with us for a week, nalas 1st sleep over, n neices 1st time meeting Nala……she has 4 dogs so is great with animals, soon learnt cats don’t do what they are told like dogs, don’t like fuss. Every morning when Nala wanted to go out my niece would say no my Nala lol
We knew the cot would be to comfy for her in the day lol….my poor brother is allergic to cats 🙈
---
IMG_3169.jpeg
Every meal time, this happened ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Advice on an old boy greatly appreciated! I was given this beautiful old man (15 years old!) from a neighbour. Took him to the vet about a month ago for a yearly check up; they said he's in great health aside from a bit of muscle wastage on his back legs (nothing advised, I give him joint supplements anyway) and that his teeth aren't in good nick but the vet said surgery at his age is just too much, and they'll do. He stuffs his face every chance he gets!

But he's my first cat and so every little thing worries me - sometimes he seems to flinch when I touch his back, especially if he's asleep, is this normal? He likes to spend the evening asleep on this shoe rug outside too, bizarrely. What are the 'things' to watch out for with older cats? I love this big lump with all my heart and only want the best for him.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 23.11.40.png

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
They're not sure why they can't find him. Thor keeps looking in the room they play in, it's hard to tell what Susan might be thinking but I'd say she's missing him. They used to play together every day.
Oh this is so heartbreaking, cats are such sensitive little souls, at least they have each other, thus is what worries me about just having two. Of course its awful for you too but at least you can understand it . Thoughts are with you all ❤

• Heart