The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you she’s been gone 6 years ❤ fluid on the lungs she was only 7.
But I imagine she (and you) had 7 years of happiness and love

Also.. maybe this is a grim question, I wa wondering what people did with their litte feline over ones when they pass on? A friend just had hers cremated and has an urn, we had cats die when I was a child and I have no idea what happened to them. Insaw a video th other day ofnsomeone who had hers taxidermied... not sure what I will do

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Also.. maybe this is a grim question, I wa wondering what people did with their litte feline over ones when they pass on? A friend just had hers cremated and has an urn, we had cats die when I was a child and I have no idea what happened to them. Insaw a video th other day ofnsomeone who had hers taxidermied... not sure what I will do
She was rhe complete opposite to Nala! Was scared of her own shadow, you’d never know we had a cat! She left a massive hole in our lives.
Sasha is in a little box on the side. And we have a memory box with her collar, photos and favourite toys. Which’ Nala sits on 🙈
I saw that video! Not for me! Imagine the other cats would find that stressful!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I have my old girl Persia's ashes in a wooden box with her brush and favourite ball. I also have her and my old boy's kitten photos tattooed.
1711471025372.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have five caskets of ashes,I want them to go with me but I don’t think they do that anymore,I have Lucys at the side of me cos that’s where she always sat next to me,My darling Daves in still in his big box he loved sleeping in.😢😢

• Heart

We recently had Ollie cremated and he is sitting next to my Nans ashes (she passed a few years back so was a particularly hard loss as he was hers)

fun fact: he was named after Oliver Twist as when we went to pick a kitten he was the last one left and literally begged to be taken 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I had my cat cremated in January and his ashes sit on my mantlepiece with his photo and his fave toy. I didn't want to bury him because I wanted to be able to take him with me if I moved etc. As a child they were buried in the garden and my mum planted a pot for each animal so we know where they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I have had all my kitties cremated. Older ones when I lived with my mum we had the ashes put in a little wooden box but my darling boy who got run over a couple of years ago I chose to have his ashes come back in a wicker pouch so they are accessible if I want to sprinkle any or get it made into jewellery. So far I can’t bear to do anything though 😢 but I chose the same sort of pouch for my rabbits last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Haha! Just for you, dear Dolly, baby Susan joining in.
View attachment 2838319
Susan and Thor are hilarious! 🤣 They should all set up an OnlyPaws account seeing as they’re such exhibitionists! 🤣

I’ve luckily not had to go through this yet but I’ve always liked the idea of using their ashes in jewellery so I could have them close to me. I’ve seen a lot of pet owners at my work do that and there are some beautiful options 💖 But I also love the idea of tattoos like @MaineCoonMama!

I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo for Pico for a bit! He’s actually called Picasso and I found a doodle of a cat that Pablo Picasso did! Would love this inked on me 😁

1711489290112.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anybody here who’s also in the Photo a Day thread will know I walk past a cat cafe nearly every morning.

The cafe is partnered with a local cat rescue charity so bar some permanent residents, the majority of the cats are up for adoption.

I also have a “good day system” e.g no cats in the window is a tit day, 1 cat is better etc. most cats I’ve had is 5 on a day I got a pay rise so I’m convinced it works.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Susan and Thor are hilarious! 🤣 They should all set up an OnlyPaws account seeing as they’re such exhibitionists! 🤣

I’ve luckily not had to go through this yet but I’ve always liked the idea of using their ashes in jewellery so I could have them close to me. I’ve seen a lot of pet owners at my work do that and there are some beautiful options 💖 But I also love the idea of tattoos like @MaineCoonMama!

I’ve been wanting to get a tattoo for Pico for a bit! He’s actually called Picasso and I found a doodle of a cat that Pablo Picasso did! Would love this inked on me 😁

View attachment 2839047
Dying at Only Paws 😂 I love that idea of the Picasso cat tattoo! My Auntie had a cat called Picatso.

Susan and Thor have the same father, maybe that's where they get it from? Thor is super smart and really quiet whereas Sue's a bit thick and loves yelling at fresh air.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d love to get a Pandora charm with Sasha’s ashes, husband doesn’t like that idea. I’ve seen sellers on Etsy do it.
when I dust I always pick Sasha up n give her a hug

• Heart
Anybody here who’s also in the Photo a Day thread will know I walk past a cat cafe nearly every morning.

The cafe is partnered with a local cat rescue charity so bar some permanent residents, the majority of the cats are up for adoption.

I also have a “good day system” e.g no cats in the window is a tit day, 1 cat is better etc. most cats I’ve had is 5 on a day I got a pay rise so I’m convinced it works.
There’s a cafe like this near us and we’re taking our daughter at the weekend for her 11th birthday. My husband is probably dreading it because both she and I will leave with renewed hope for expanding our cat population at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“No photos mother am watching greys anatomy”
(In case anyone’s curious, grate on the window is because a certain someone hasn’t realised that if she jumps up on the window, she will fall out of it onto a main road)

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
“No photos mother am watching greys anatomy”
(In case anyone’s curious, grate on the window is because a certain someone hasn’t realised that if she jumps up on the window, she will fall out of it onto a main road)
Perfect photo!

• Heart
Reactions: 5