The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I posted last year about a missing cat, near by, just after Christmas they assumed he had died due to information. I had messaged the girl to find out any updates.
The other day she messaged me sayin he had been found and was at a local vets waiting to be picked up. I was so happy for her! There’s posters round a village and today I took this one down as was nearly off anyway.
Goes to show how important micro chips are! (He went missin at the m6 toll booth escaped his carrier)
IMG_2597.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just looking for some advice in advance, I'm bringing my kitten home in 3 weeks (so excited) and I'm confused about feeding. I've looked at kitten food and they recommended 5 sachets a day and I think that's crazy? I plan on giving her breakfast and dinner and maybe lunch. Was thinking 2 sachets a day in two or three meals? I can't even remember how I fed my other cat as a kitten...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just looking for some advice in advance, I'm bringing my kitten home in 3 weeks (so excited) and I'm confused about feeding. I've looked at kitten food and they recommended 5 sachets a day and I think that's crazy? I plan on giving her breakfast and dinner and maybe lunch. Was thinking 2 sachets a day in two or three meals? I can't even remember how I fed my other cat as a kitten...
That seems like q lot, I gave mine 2 or 3. I would say give them sachets in half portions otherwise you end up wasting food as it dries out . That said i stopped even giving kitten food early on as he preferred his sisters food so it was easier to give them the same.

How exciting! Can't wait for pictures

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That seems a lot, I fed mine two sachets a day when they were kittens, morning and night plus crunchy food in between.

• Heart
Maine me dear you have very big bubbas though.🤣I mean Mainekitties.🤣
I mentioned ages ago I went to this small cat show in the States,I’d never ever seen Maine puddies,I was so aghast at the size of those babies,I just wanted to touch em,cuddle em.I was blown away.Omg so beautiful.❤

• Heart
Thanks for the advice! I will try 2 sachets a day with some dry food and see how it goes.

• Heart
I mentioned ages ago I went to this small cat show in the States,I’d never ever seen Maine puddies,I was so aghast at the size of those babies,I just wanted to touch em,cuddle em.I was blown away.Omg so beautiful.❤
They really are something else, aren't they? Such lovely natured cats as well.
We've just come out of a 4 day heatwave, even though we have the aircon going I had to trim their hairy feet to keep them comfortable.
Thankfully it's cooled off now, they still wanted to cuddle us even when it was stinking hot!

• Heart
They really are something else, aren't they? Such lovely natured cats as well.
We've just come out of a 4 day heatwave, even though we have the aircon going I had to trim their hairy feet to keep them comfortable.
Thankfully it's cooled off now, they still wanted to cuddle us even when it was stinking hot!
Oh my I understand..Yes peeps always saying lovely Natured bubbas.❤Cats bought up in hot countries do get used to it don’t they.?It’s. When it get hot here they go funny.🤣but get used to it I think that’s cats though.❤

My darling Dave (avatar) used to sit on table in front of window,bugger get so hot,Nothing I could do.He loved heat,I think cats do.You see pics of cats in the sun they love it.I think it’s good for their coats as well! So they reckon.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to go to Malta every year and would help out at cat rescue. They seemed to be designed to cope with the hot weather - their coats were thinner and they seemed smaller and lighter. Even their heads/paws were a lot smaller than the average uk cat! My cat would melt into a puddle if it was hot all the time. They have adapted over time.

• Heart
Why do they do that lol Nala always does before im comfy lol
My little (fat,huge) girl loves sleeping between my legs in the morning, usually bout 30 min before I have to get up and then gets annoyed when I need to get up 😂. I read somewhere that if cats sleeping by your face they think you protect them, if they sleep by your legs they think they have to protect you

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My little (fat,huge) girl loves sleeping between my legs in the morning, usually bout 30 min before I have to get up and then gets annoyed when I need to get up 😂. I read somewhere that if cats sleeping by your face they think you protect them, if they sleep by your legs they think they have to protect you
That's really interesting! Pooh always sleeps next to my face. Big baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nala does both! She literally sits on my face !

• Haha
The way I’m reading these posts while Pico sits on my head 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My cat sleeps on my pillow most nights, right in the middle where I want to put my head :ROFLMAO: has never ever done it to Mr Pillows.

• Haha