The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20240329_120903.jpg

I saw this on FB, made me chuckle as my Merry would try to get into a box this small 🤣. The off the furniture rule lasted about 5 minutes in our housewhen we adopted the 2 terrors 😍.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
aww i've just caught up and i want to squish everyone's kitties 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Pico has my heart as well, he's just a special little bear. Those leathery toe beans are just lovely.
His leather toe beans are my favourite part of him! 🥹 He has one paw that’s pink now because he stupidly ran across a hot hob as a kitten! 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really love seeing everyone’s pics on this thread . Such beautiful kitties ❤

I have had a hairy week with my Freddy this week and he has been to see the emergency vet . A few days ago he suddenly stopped eating his food and wasn’t drinking that much water . I first thought that was just being picky ( hadnt twigged about the water at this stage ) but then after 24 hours i knew that something was seriously wrong . Made an appointment at the vet and Bundled Freddy up in his carrier and off we went.

Vet gave Freddy a thorough checking over and did a blood test to see if anything was going on internally . During the check We discovered that Freddy has a chipped molar ( which I didn’t know about) which the vet thought was the problem ( made sense to me as the no eating / drinking had happened overnight rather than being gradual). Blood test came back clear and no other signs of injury / discomfort .

Freddy is now on painkiller medication for a few days and will have to have surgery next week to get the tooth removed. Apparantly it’s quite common for cats to have a hairline crack and a tooth breaks as the cat ages .

I am having a battle now though as Freddy has basically stopped eating any wet/dry whiskers food ( I think this maybe because he is associating pain with the food?🤔). I just know he won’t eat either the wet food nor the biscuits he usually eats. Sooo I have also spent a week looking for alternatives for him and feeding him prices of salmon ( fresh from supermarket - no bones , added in extras like salt etc) as I couldn’t get anything down him . The last few days he has been eating the mon petit intense food from purina but not sure I will carry on with them? They don’t have many options flavour wise and not the best value. I also have Sheba slices to try out as the pack size is better and you get more in a box ) .

As for biscuits - tried him on royal canin which I don’t think he is that keen on. He will eat some of them. So I am thinking I need to try another brand .

all that being said - he is currently much better than he was a few days ago and is now eating / drinking again ( and going to the toilet regularly). He didn’t got at all for about 48 hours . I was extremely worried about him. I am pleased he is out of the woods and that we found the issue . So next step is the tooth surgery this week ( and hopefully he likes Sheba haha).

The patient in his box at the vet

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
pic is my late departed darling,look at this mouth🤣 no top fangs,but he still loved his biccies bless him,they get used to it I think Well he did.🤣

0-DBBD16-F-8-BA5-490-D-A9-DF-05-D461-E5-A64-C.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aw poor Freddie, hope his surgery goes well ❤. My loki also has no top fangs 🦷🦷, no idea when they were lost, it certainly hasn't stopped Sir Scoffalot (his nickname) from enjoying his grub 😃.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
IMG_3857.jpeg

Not my babies but wish they were; we went to a cat cafe which partners with a local rescue and helps rehome the cats. These babies are from the beginning of ‘kitten season’

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2847361
Not my babies but wish they were; we went to a cat cafe which partners with a local rescue and helps rehome the cats. These babies are from the beginning of ‘kitten season’
They’re absolutely divine! 😍 The vet practice I work at partners with a fantastic little cat charity and us nurses often take on kitten rearing duties this time of year 👀 That’s how I ended up with Pico! But it was a little too intense for my Darwin last year so I’ve volunteered for bottle feeding my next litter and then one of the other nurses will take over once they’re scampering about 🤣 Here’s Uncle Darwin with the naughtiest of Pico’s sisters Frida 🤣

1711886716080.jpeg

I really love seeing everyone’s pics on this thread . Such beautiful kitties ❤

I have had a hairy week with my Freddy this week and he has been to see the emergency vet . A few days ago he suddenly stopped eating his food and wasn’t drinking that much water . I first thought that was just being picky ( hadnt twigged about the water at this stage ) but then after 24 hours i knew that something was seriously wrong . Made an appointment at the vet and Bundled Freddy up in his carrier and off we went.

Vet gave Freddy a thorough checking over and did a blood test to see if anything was going on internally . During the check We discovered that Freddy has a chipped molar ( which I didn’t know about) which the vet thought was the problem ( made sense to me as the no eating / drinking had happened overnight rather than being gradual). Blood test came back clear and no other signs of injury / discomfort .

Freddy is now on painkiller medication for a few days and will have to have surgery next week to get the tooth removed. Apparantly it’s quite common for cats to have a hairline crack and a tooth breaks as the cat ages .

I am having a battle now though as Freddy has basically stopped eating any wet/dry whiskers food ( I think this maybe because he is associating pain with the food?🤔). I just know he won’t eat either the wet food nor the biscuits he usually eats. Sooo I have also spent a week looking for alternatives for him and feeding him prices of salmon ( fresh from supermarket - no bones , added in extras like salt etc) as I couldn’t get anything down him . The last few days he has been eating the mon petit intense food from purina but not sure I will carry on with them? They don’t have many options flavour wise and not the best value. I also have Sheba slices to try out as the pack size is better and you get more in a box ) .

As for biscuits - tried him on royal canin which I don’t think he is that keen on. He will eat some of them. So I am thinking I need to try another brand .

all that being said - he is currently much better than he was a few days ago and is now eating / drinking again ( and going to the toilet regularly). He didn’t got at all for about 48 hours . I was extremely worried about him. I am pleased he is out of the woods and that we found the issue . So next step is the tooth surgery this week ( and hopefully he likes Sheba haha).

The patient in his box at the vet
Sending big cuddles and smooches to Freddy! 🥺💖 I always feel so sorry for them when they have dental pain. They’re SO good at hiding it until they go off their food! I’m glad he’s eating bits again - have you tried him with cat soup? I know it’s not complete but just something to keep him chowing down 🥺 Let us know how he gets on!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aw poor Freddie, hope his surgery goes well ❤. My loki also has no top fangs 🦷🦷, no idea when they were lost, it certainly hasn't stopped Sir Scoffalot (his nickname) from enjoying his grub 😃.
Thank you.
Good to hear the no fangs hasnt stopped Loki from eating.

They’re absolutely divine! 😍 The vet practice I work at partners with a fantastic little cat charity and us nurses often take on kitten rearing duties this time of year 👀 That’s how I ended up with Pico! But it was a little too intense for my Darwin last year so I’ve volunteered for bottle feeding my next litter and then one of the other nurses will take over once they’re scampering about 🤣 Here’s Uncle Darwin with the naughtiest of Pico’s sisters Frida 🤣

View attachment 2847421

Sending big cuddles and smooches to Freddy! 🥺💖 I always feel so sorry for them when they have dental pain. They’re SO good at hiding it until they go off their food! I’m glad he’s eating bits again - have you tried him with cat soup? I know it’s not complete but just something to keep him chowing down 🥺 Let us know how he gets on!
Freddy says thanks for the cuddles. NoI haven’t tried cat soup. I will have a look at giving him some. I am going to pets at home tomorrow to look at the cat biscuit options. I put down some whiskers cat biscuits again this morning and he sniffed the bowl and walked off. This is quite unlike him - he loved the whiskers cat biscuits and made sure he ate all that I gave him.

• Heart
aww lots of cuddles and pets for freddy and his little toothies 🦷

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aw poor Freddy, hope he is feeling better. Sheba do a soup, my cat used to love it!

• Heart
Thank you.
Good to hear the no fangs hasnt stopped Loki from eating.
Freddy says thanks for the cuddles. NoI haven’t tried cat soup. I will have a look at giving him some. I am going to pets at home tomorrow to look at the cat biscuit options. I put down some whiskers cat biscuits again this morning and he sniffed the bowl and walked off. This is quite unlike him - he loved the whiskers cat biscuits and made sure he ate all that I gave him.
Oh poor little guy, bet he’s feeling sore 😭 Roll on his dental procedure so he can be all fixed up!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you for all the well wishes for Freddy❤.
such a pretty boy ❤

our archie is very social so we took him to family lunch for easter where he got lots of cuddles and looooots of snacks, when we got home he was so full and so tired from all the excitement that he fell asleep like this 😂😂

IMG_6498.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16