The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2865924
Hello everyone, not posted on here before but this is my angel girl Sleek (real name Mika but it stuck). Now an actual angel as we had to have her put to sleep today, I’m missing her so much and feel like my heart has been smashed into a million pieces. She was nearly 16 and I got her at 6 weeks old, the first night I ever moved into a house of my own. I do have two more fur babies but she was always the most loving and friendly ❤ I thought I could find some understanding here as I haven’t had much in real life ❤
I wanted to say so sorry for your loss and the unfortunate fact of how people just don't realise how much pets mean to us. Whenever I talk about my cat, people roll their eyes or some people even say outright that "it's just a cat" or how crazy I am. My cat is my baby and has got me through so many things (that she probably doesn't even realise), as I am sure your angel girl Sleek did too.

I hope you're doing okay, same to anyone else who has lost a baby. They aren't "just pets", they are are whole lives ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wanted to say so sorry for your loss and the unfortunate fact of how people just don't realise how much pets mean to us. Whenever I talk about my cat, people roll their eyes or some people even say outright that "it's just a cat" or how crazy I am. My cat is my baby and has got me through so many things (that she probably doesn't even realise), as I am sure your angel girl Sleek did too.

I hope you're doing okay, same to anyone else who has lost a baby. They aren't "just pets", they are are whole lives ❤
Oh how many times I’ve had that said to me!😡I tell them in the end to duck off.Sorry but I’m not taking that tit.Yes,I know know not everyone is cat lover or even a animal lover.Sorry to swear.😖

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh how many times I’ve had that said to me!😡I tell them in the end to duck off.Sorry but I’m not taking that tit.Yes,I know know not everyone is cat lover or even a animal lover.Sorry to swear.😖
i can't deal with people who don't like animals! how can you not like animals?? or just cats??

anyway happy national pet day to everyone from archie who is also celebrating his very first bday tomorrow and will be getting his favourite, greek yoghurt 😊

IMG_7033.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
i can't deal with people who don't like animals! how can you not like animals?? or just cats??

anyway happy national pet day to everyone from archie who is also celebrating his very first bday tomorrow and will be getting his favourite, greek yoghurt 😊

View attachment 2869723
Happy birthday Archie, you little cutie pie. We really need an 'awww' reaction just for this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
IMG_8817.jpeg

Little Luna has never left my side all week, she’s been looking after me now that Sleek isn’t here to do it. The worst part is at night when she’s not there on the bed or in the morning when she’s not demanding I wake up and feed her. My two now are just too quiet 💔

Luna purrs but it’s more of a snuffle (sometimes I call her Snuffleupagus) and does the tiniest squeak instead of a meow. She’s usually known as Possum… for absolutely no reason at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2870528
Little Luna has never left my side all week, she’s been looking after me now that Sleek isn’t here to do it. The worst part is at night when she’s not there on the bed or in the morning when she’s not demanding I wake up and feed her. My two now are just too quiet 💔

Luna purrs but it’s more of a snuffle (sometimes I call her Snuffleupagus) and does the tiniest squeak instead of a meow. She’s usually known as Possum… for absolutely no reason at all!
I feel for you, it's been a week today since I lost my Pooh and it's so weird without him.
In related news I have an actual possum living in the tree outside my window (I live in Australia) and she's a harpy. I don't know if you've ever heard a possum but they sound like a pig dying, she makes a weird groaning noise like something out of a Japanese horror movie.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel for you, it's been a week today since I lost my Pooh and it's so weird without him.
In related news I have an actual possum living in the tree outside my window (I live in Australia) and she's a harpy. I don't know if you've ever heard a possum but they sound like a pig dying, she makes a weird groaning noise like something out of a Japanese horror movie.
I totally understand how you're feeling, it feels so quiet here since Sleek was always the vocal one!

I've never actually seen a possum, and to be fair I'm absolutely sure that Luna doesn't look like one! I also didn't realise they were so noisy!

• Heart
Awwwwww,how lovely though🥰 I’ve seen racoons when I visited my friend in States,they lived under their house,funny and very pretty.🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A bit late to the party but here's my Bertram Cat. Official name Alberto the Wonder Cat, AKA Bertie Bum, Zee Bert, Gerty Berty, Bertram le Chat or Lung Cat. The latter because in a brummy accent: he's just a long cat. I have three but he's my extra special boy.
1000005749.jpg
1000006040.jpg
1000006619.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
  • Heart
It’s my lovely Pico’s first gotcha day today! 🥹 I can’t believe I’ve had him a year now. Seems like only yesterday I was getting up through the night to give him his bottle 😭💖 He’s just downed a tuna-tini with his big brother Darwin and time for a nap now! 🍸🐟

1713107875921.jpeg

Bonus picture of the state he was in when he first arrived at my work at three weeks old 😭

1713107961755.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18