The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mister Thor. He's missing his brother Pooh (keeps checking the cupboard in case he's in there) but has been hanging around with me a lot more lately. I love his big paws.
1713863618703.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My heart is breaking with my current foster cat. He is so affectionate with us but whenever he has a meet with a potential adopter he gets all hissy and grumpy. We would love to keep him, but he hates other cats.

We really need someone that will see past his anxiety of someone meeting him for the first time. We’ve put him on herbal meds and getting friends in to visit to get him over his social anxiety. He is so lovely with us bless him.

IMG_9249.jpeg
IMG_9220.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My heart is breaking with my current foster cat. He is so affectionate with us but whenever he has a meet with a potential adopter he gets all hissy and grumpy. We would love to keep him, but he hates other cats.

We really need someone that will see past his anxiety of someone meeting him for the first time. We’ve put him on herbal meds and getting friends in to visit to get him over his social anxiety. He is so lovely with us bless him.

View attachment 2893862View attachment 2893863
What a stunning boy. I hope he finds a person soon. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I'd have him in a heartbeat if it weren't for my 2 ❤❤❤❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Upset stomach.
We was away over the weekend, got back yesterday n our neighbour said Nala hadn’t touched her food since the night before and there was a smell but couldn’t see any poo in her box ;outside cat). In the night she did a really smelly poo then jumped on the bed…a nice little skid mark on the white cover 🙈 checked her box a loose pop! Let her out and then this morning cleaned out her box 2 loose poos but we’re covered which was why couldn’t see! But when we got back did find a furball sick on the carpet. She hasn’t touched today’s food and I’ve given her a tablet. Hopefully that will kick in. She’s asleep on the sofa.
She’s had this problem before which is why

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Upset stomach.
We was away over the weekend, got back yesterday n our neighbour said Nala hadn’t touched her food since the night before and there was a smell but couldn’t see any poo in her box ;outside cat). In the night she did a really smelly poo then jumped on the bed…a nice little skid mark on the white cover 🙈 checked her box a loose pop! Let her out and then this morning cleaned out her box 2 loose poos but we’re covered which was why couldn’t see! But when we got back did find a furball sick on the carpet. She hasn’t touched today’s food and I’ve given her a tablet. Hopefully that will kick in. She’s asleep on the sofa.
This stuff is good for rehydration and helping them feel better. Any leftover can be frozen.

Often when I foster they can come in with stomach usepts from being on the streets and have used this a number of times x

Amazon product

• Heart
Upset stomach.
She’s had this problem before which is why I got the tablets from pets corner. I wanted the paste but they didnt have that.
---
Reposted as the last bit wasn’t there.
Thank you. She’s not a water drinker which can’t be helpful.
Husband has said she isn’t allowed in thr bedroom any more ( he has got a low immune system so I understand but when you live in a one bedroom flat it’s hard for her have her own space)

• Heart
After pretty much 10 hours of solid Walter Mania, on the worst possible day work wise he found his off switch. A few weeks ago when I was running a meeting and sharing a PowerPoint he jumped on my laptop and managed to add 40 blank pages to it 🙈

Could not love him more ❤

IMG_9294.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My friends, Pooh Bear has been very sick. He's a bit better after a vet visit (bad UTI) but he's still quite unwell and won't eat. I thought we'd lost him last night as he was unresponsive but then he turned up on the bed purring and wanting cuddles. He's hiding in a wardrobe so I've popped a wool blanket over him (it's quite cold here atm) and he's purring again. The other two are a bit confused as they usually sit in the window together. This was him yesterday, husband and I are both a bit worried but hoping for the best. View attachment 2856908
Poor Pooh bear 🙁.
Is he feeling better now?
---
Pooh passed away at 11pm. I'm utterly heartbroken. I loved him more than life itself.
View attachment 2857682
Oh no.. just seen this post about Pooh Bear ❤.
I am so sorry for your loss . RIP beautiful boy xx
---

He is beautiful ❤

look at his sweet face ❤
---
View attachment 2865924
Hello everyone, not posted on here before but this is my angel girl Sleek (real name Mika but it stuck). Now an actual angel as we had to have her put to sleep today, I’m missing her so much and feel like my heart has been smashed into a million pieces. She was nearly 16 and I got her at 6 weeks old, the first night I ever moved into a house of my own. I do have two more fur babies but she was always the most loving and friendly ❤ I thought I could find some understanding here as I haven’t had much in real life ❤
I am so sorry the loss of Sleek. What a beauty. ❤ x
---
I know! How does their meaty or fishy breathe smell they lick into themselves smell so good!
I always seem to get bum breath 😂
---
Upset stomach.
Hope Nala is much better today ?
---
I haven’t come onto this thread all month as have had a worrying time with Freddy ( we are possibly still not out of the woods yet).

freddy has had to have three teeth out and will still possibly have to have another 2 removed. The vet gave him Loxicom and he didn’t react well with it. We have had several bouts of him being sick ( from the Loxicom) . His eating habits have completely changed ( he was a greedy guts) but now just picks at his food. I don’t know if this is because he is associating being sick with his food. He is eating still though so that’s the main thing. He has not been himself - very lethargic and wanted to sleep all the time ( Loxicom again). Ended up not giving him any at all after he had been sick for the 4th time (based on vets advice of leaving him 24 hours before trying again).

Petplan have refused to pay for his treatment because of the FIV ( he has an exclusion due to the FIV) . I appealed but they still refused. Its cost me close to £1500 for the treatment/ medicine and vet appointments. No more savings but there is no way I am leaving him suffering.

I am hoping we have turned a corner as he has been more like his usual vocal self ( although eating still not great).

Picture of Sir Dribbles a lot ( new name for him) .

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Poor Pooh bear 🙁.
Is he feeling better now?
---

Oh no.. just seen this post about Pooh Bear ❤.
I am so sorry for your loss . RIP beautiful boy xx
---

He is beautiful ❤

look at his sweet face ❤
---

I am so sorry the loss of Sleek. What a beauty. ❤ x
---

I always seem to get bum breath 😂
---

Hope Nala is much better today ?
---
I haven’t come onto this thread all month as have had a worrying time with Freddy ( we are possibly still not out of the woods yet).

freddy has had to have three teeth out and will still possibly have to have another 2 removed. The vet gave him Loxicom and he didn’t react well with it. We have had several bouts of him being sick ( from the Loxicom) . His eating habits have completely changed ( he was a greedy guts) but now just picks at his food. I don’t know if this is because he is associating being sick with his food. He is eating still though so that’s the main thing. He has not been himself - very lethargic and wanted to sleep all the time ( Loxicom again). Ended up not giving him any at all after he had been sick for the 4th time (based on vets advice of leaving him 24 hours before trying again).

Petplan have refused to pay for his treatment because of the FIV ( he has an exclusion due to the FIV) . I appealed but they still refused. Its cost me close to £1500 for the treatment/ medicine and vet appointments. No more savings but there is no way I am leaving him suffering.

I am hoping we have turned a corner as he has been more like his usual vocal self ( although eating still not great).

Picture of Sir Dribbles a lot ( new name for him) .

Oh I hope sir dribbles a lot is feeling better. They are such a worry and the cost of the vets is gettin stupid! We are lucky we are able to use pdsa ( although Nala is registered at a vets, covid kitten meant it was hard to get a vets for her )
She is back to her normal self today, had her breakfast n a few treats, been out more and more vocal!
Although didn’t eat her tea as it’s different food! She’s has it before but has only eaten half of it! She’s outside tonight. My poor neighbour who was watching her when she was ill txted me and said I didn’t give her anything else just her food, bless her, I said it didn’t even cross my mind, she’s a outdoor cat she eats a all
Sorts I bet.

• Heart
My two remaining cats never cuddle together but right now they're sleeping next to one another. Progress! It was always Pooh cuddling up to either Thor or Susan, now he's gone I was hoping they'd get on a bit better as they are half-siblings (same father.)
I wish I could take a photo but they're on the bed and my husband is sleeping off a headache so I can't put the light on.
They look very cute though.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh I hope sir dribbles a lot is feeling better. They are such a worry and the cost of the vets is gettin stupid! We are lucky we are able to use pdsa ( although Nala is registered at a vets, covid kitten meant it was hard to get a vets for her )
She is back to her normal self today, had her breakfast n a few treats, been out more and more vocal!
Although didn’t eat her tea as it’s different food! She’s has it before but has only eaten half of it! She’s outside tonight. My poor neighbour who was watching her when she was ill txted me and said I didn’t give her anything else just her food, bless her, I said it didn’t even cross my mind, she’s a outdoor cat she eats a all
Sorts I bet.
That is good to hear . Really glad she is getting back to her normal self.

Agree about costs for vets - the prices they charge are mental. Plus costs for medicine ( nearly £20 a prescription 😵💫😵💫). I have had to pay for 3 lots over the month . I am fortunate that I had enough to cover his operation and other fees. Will struggle if I need to shell out again if he does have to have the other 2 teeth removed. I don’t want him to be in pain.

It is an awful situation to be in - leave your pet suffering because can’t afford or the fees or get a loan/ overdraft to cover.

Insurance seems to be a bit pointless due to exclusions so what am I paying it for? I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place.

Question to every one - I asked about a payment plan option and was told they don’t offer this as an option . Is this standard? Or is this based on individual practices?

• Heart
That is good to hear . Really glad she is getting back to her normal self.

Agree about costs for vets - the prices they charge are mental. Plus costs for medicine ( nearly £20 a prescription 😵💫😵💫). I have had to pay for 3 lots over the month . I am fortunate that I had enough to cover his operation and other fees. Will struggle if I need to shell out again if he does have to have the other 2 teeth removed. I don’t want him to be in pain.

It is an awful situation to be in - leave your pet suffering because can’t afford or the fees or get a loan/ overdraft to cover.

Insurance seems to be a bit pointless due to exclusions so what am I paying it for? I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place.

Question to every one - I asked about a payment plan option and was told they don’t offer this as an option . Is this standard? Or is this based on individual practices?
I think it’s up to the practice.😞

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think it’s up to the practice.😞
I understand why they do this as they don’t want clients owing them £££. But it does also create an issue for owners who are left either not taking their pet to the vet because they can’t afford the bill.

I know there are some organisations that can offer help but as I live on the IOM now I am not sure I would be eligible to apply. I will investigate though incase Freddy does need to have the other 2 teeth removed. I am hoping not - the vet said she thinks they look ok currently . I bought him some toothpaste / cat mouthwash to help improve the health of his mouth. Will see how we get on ( might lose a finger trying to brush his teeth) 😂

• Heart