The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our other cat was pdsa treated, but when she was really ill, it happened at night and didn’t know what to do as the vets didn’t have a out of hours line…so took Sasha to a local vet….was £200 before they even looked at her. She was in over nignt and it was over £600 when we picked her up! And felt her care Wasn’t enough ( we said we’d take her to the pdsa for further treatment so think that changed their tune) Luckily we had savings ( on benefits low income) we did take her to the pdsa and that’s where she spent her last week 😢😢 it wasn’t local either. We always said we would give as much as could for the cost ( it’s normally a donation) we gave half.
Been there before and someone gave pennies yet they were in designer gear! Think they may of changed their fee/ donation policy cos people clearly take the mick.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That is good to hear . Really glad she is getting back to her normal self.

Agree about costs for vets - the prices they charge are mental. Plus costs for medicine ( nearly £20 a prescription 😵💫😵💫). I have had to pay for 3 lots over the month . I am fortunate that I had enough to cover his operation and other fees. Will struggle if I need to shell out again if he does have to have the other 2 teeth removed. I don’t want him to be in pain.

It is an awful situation to be in - leave your pet suffering because can’t afford or the fees or get a loan/ overdraft to cover.

Insurance seems to be a bit pointless due to exclusions so what am I paying it for? I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place.

Question to every one - I asked about a payment plan option and was told they don’t offer this as an option . Is this standard? Or is this based on individual practices?
It's the people who in the past they've agreed a payment plan for who then haven't paid, there the ones to blame.
I guess maybe the best way if not insurance is to have a 0% credit card ready for emergencies if you don't have savings?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
IMG_3978.jpeg

My babies 🖤🖤 I love it when they snuggle up together, although I think my chunky hunk has taken snuggling to the extreme here. My poor slinky black girl looks like she just woke up wondering why she couldn’t breathe properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2905354
My babies 🖤🖤 I love it when they snuggle up together, although I think my chunky hunk has taken snuggling to the extreme here. My poor slinky black girl looks like she just woke up wondering why she couldn’t breathe properly!
oh my gosh look at them all snuggled up together that is so sweet :')))))

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This came up on my FB memories today, taken 7 weeks after we'd adopted Merry and her brother Loki. They're nearly 9 and Merry still likes to be cuddled like this 😍.
Screenshot_20240502_125634.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This came up on my FB memories today, taken 7 weeks after we'd adopted Merry and her brother Loki. They're nearly 9 and Merry still likes to be cuddled like this 😍. View attachment 2910560
Cats never change from kittens do they, my little boy loved sitting on my neck as a kitten when he was tiny, now he's grown up and ooesnt get that he doesn't quite fit but still tries 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have this spider toy for my cats. Guess what they love to play with? The circle on the other end of it, it's the best toy in a while, they go absolutely mental for it 🤣

Screenshot_20240505-210101.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My little Lily (also known as Lou Lou).
Aww, shes beautiful! my Louis was called Lou Lou too!

Has anyone been in the UK on a cat friendly break? I would love to go away for a few nights and take her with me but it seems dog friendly only.

Reactions: 5
Aww, shes beautiful! my Louis was called Lou Lou too!

Has anyone been in the UK on a cat friendly break? I would love to go away for a few nights and take her with me but it seems dog friendly only.
Have you asked any places? There definitely will be ones that accept cats, I know someone who stayed in Hilton with a bunch of cats 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 6